PDA

View Full Version : Consensus Top 12 Picks?

EDS
04-02-2004, 02:10 PM
So correct me if I am wrong but it seems that the consensus top 12 picks in the draft are as follows (not in that particular order though and I apologize in advance for the spelling):

Manning
Fitzgerald
Rothlesberger
Gallery
S. Taylor
Winslow
T. Harris
Roy Williams
Wilfork
M. Williams
Udeze
Rivers

Now, the Bills are sitting at 13 so unless someone moves up they miss out on all of these guys. Team need will obviously play a role, so a corner or linebacker could move up (thinking Jets here b/c they do not need a quarterback, wide receiver or DE), but the Bills may need to set there sights on the next tier of players. Guys like Reggie Williams, Will Smith, and Randy Starks. All are good prospects, but I am worried people are going to go postal if we don't end up with one of the 12 mentioned above.

Just an early reality check.

My personal feelings are mixed - If one of the 12 slips then I think the decision is easy and we take one of them based on best available talent - whether that be quarterback, receiver, defensive end or defensive tackle. If none of the 12 are available, then Reggie, Smith or Starks seems like the best bet. Trade down becomes a strong option as well with a team needing a corner.

So if the aforementioned 12 are not available, what do you do?

keithg
04-02-2004, 02:38 PM
there are always surprises in the top 10 picks...I am confident one of the first 12 picks will be someone other than that which you listed...in other words, we will have one of the 12 you listed if we want them. Someone will take a RB or CB before 13...mark my words.

EDS
04-02-2004, 02:43 PM
You are probably right. In fact, my best guess the Jets - They need a corner.

Dozerdog
04-02-2004, 02:45 PM
No corners or RBs in your dozen-

Dozerdog
04-02-2004, 02:45 PM
And only one OL man

EDS
04-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
No corners or RBs in your dozen-

I am no expert but I don't think there is a corner or running back worth a top ten pick. The only team in the top twelve likely to go for a corner is the Jets (which is a definite possibility). As for running back in the top twelve - Pittsburgh?

And no other offensive lineman is worth top twelve, or top fifteen.

Bert102176
04-02-2004, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry but Manning will NOT be the #1 pick unless someone trades up their, SD will take a WR with their 1st pick

The Spaz
04-02-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176
I'm sorry but Manning will NOT be the #1 pick unless someone trades up their, SD will take a WR with their 1st pick

He has them in no particular order just his top 12.

TigerJ
04-02-2004, 05:49 PM
I think there are not that many picks who are consensus top 12. Some in that group may drop a bit and there may be a few, not listed, who jump up, like Chris Gamble, or Deangelo Hall. I'll delete those that I think have a chance of dropping. That's not to say all of them will, or any of them, but some of them could.

Manning
Fitzgerald
Roethlisberger
Gallery
S. Taylor
Winslow
M. Williams

As you can see, my list of consensus top twelve guys has seven names. Now here's my list of guys who could go in the top twelve, but might not:

Reggie Williams,
Roy Williams
Phil Rivers
Steve Jackson
Shaun Andrews
Kenechi Udeze
Will Smith
Deangelo Hall
Chris Gamble
Tommie Harris
Vince Wilfork

It's not a ranked list of eleven. That adds up to 18, so doing the math, obviously 6 will drop out of the top 12. There could be more if I missed any other guys who might move up. It is from that list of 6 that the Bills pick at 13 will come. I hope that one of the corners, the running back, and maybe one or two of the DTs go top twelve so the ones who drop will fit Buffalo's need profile better.

It would be terrific if Buffalo had their pick of Roy Williams, Phil Rivers, Udeze and Smith. Won't happen, but it would be nice if it did.