PDA

View Full Version : Embarassing.

SabreEleven
04-02-2004, 09:08 PM
It is embarrassing how Leaf fans out number us in our home rink :madfire:

But when your team doesn't make the playoffs for 3 straight years, who is to blame? the Fans for not spending 80 bucks on 1 ticket or the Sabres for not putting a quality product on the ice? discuss.

realmendontwearteal
04-02-2004, 11:55 PM
coaching....... A coach needs to have control of his team.....

mchurchfie
04-03-2004, 12:17 AM
Its sad...especially since we owned them the whole season and then rolled over the last two games and let them win. Now they get the last laugh....Loud Bastards!!:cynic: This team has always had to battle to make the PO's every year they have been under Ruff and Regier. Even when they went to the Cup Finals they came into the PO's through the back door.:cynic: This team quits on Ruff every year...I still say him and his girlfriend Regier must go.:down:

realmendontwearteal
04-03-2004, 12:19 AM
new coaching and management would be a good thing to do

mchurchfie
04-03-2004, 12:36 AM
That was a nice little run that the team went on but one good month does not make up for the rest of the pitiful performances we had to endure all this year. The goaltending was mishandled badly and was the number one reason the team struggled so badly. This team also had no toughness until too late. That falls directly on Ruff and Regier's shoulders, however that idiot Quinn has too big of an ego to fire those two flunkys of whom he originally hired in the first place. He fired one of the best GMs we had in Muckler...he's a :angry:ing idiot.:cynic:

SABURZFAN
04-03-2004, 09:07 AM
first of all,107 miles isn't that far of a travel.second,if that old ba$tard,rigas,hadn't raped the team and its fans financially,we'd be sitting a helluva lot better than we are now.third,ruff has gotta go.

we're gonna have to bump up the payroll for us to get that playmaking center and a couple of defensemen.this goalie situation needs to be addressed too.somebody has got to go for this team to get better in other areas.

i didn't think we'd make the playoffs anyways unless we went out and got a couple players.overall,i'm happy that new ownership has been established and we can only use this past season to build on for a better future.

Ð
04-03-2004, 11:08 AM
107 miles, but still embarassing.

JD
04-03-2004, 10:26 PM
If your a true fan, you will spend 80 dollars to see your team play.

If your not going to support them for the long run then why support them at all?

Ð
04-04-2004, 07:49 AM
"True fans" by your definition died when it started costing $250 + to bring a family of four out to a game.

JD
04-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Wrong-o!

4 people, 4 pops, 4 hot dogs.... $99

Nice Try!
:)

Ð
04-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Yeah, but you only get to see a minor-league (i.e. non-playoff) team for a C note.

SkateZilla
04-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by JD SabreFan
Wrong-o!

4 people, 4 pops, 4 hot dogs.... $99

Nice Try!
:)

Hmm.. I Got 4 Tix.. 3 Sodas ,2 Nachos, And 4 Kisses Fromthe Sabres Girls For 89.99

Dozerdog
04-05-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by SkateZilla
Hmm.. I Got 4 Tix.. 3 Sodas ,2 Nachos, And 4 Kisses Fromthe Sabres Girls For 89.99

And where did you sit? In the first 20 rows? :snicker:

Ebenezer
04-05-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Church
Its sad...especially since we owned them the whole season and then rolled over the last two games and let them win. Now they get the last laugh....Loud Bastards!!:cynic: This team has always had to battle to make the PO's every year they have been under Ruff and Regier. Even when they went to the Cup Finals they came into the PO's through the back door.:cynic: This team quits on Ruff every year...I still say him and his girlfriend Regier must go.:down:

Other than 7 games in December I don't see where this team quit on Ruff. They would have had to go 3-3-1 during that stretch to make the playoffs. As assembled, this team did not have enough talent to make the playoffs. That is at the feet of DR not Ruff. If this team had quit they would have missed the playoffs by 20 points. By the time they took the ice on Friday night the 'Canes were already losing 2-1. After the second period the score was 0-0 but the NYI were already leading 6-1. I think it would be pretty hard to play the third period knowing you just went 9-1-2-3 for naught. IMO, they did not quit on anybody.

Ebenezer
04-05-2004, 11:36 PM
It's amazing how the loudest complainers are the folks that aren't even in Buffalo.