PDA

View Full Version : Chris Kelsay

The Natrix
04-03-2004, 02:50 AM
This guy is going to tear it up.

Screw Udeze and Smith. The college pussies.

STAMPY
04-03-2004, 02:55 AM
I think Udeze is gunna be a great pro

The Spaz
04-03-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by The Natrix

I think he will be good the question is how good?:up:

Italian Stallion
04-03-2004, 08:53 AM
He was never given a chance with our "allstar" coaching staff last year...seemed they just wanted to keep Denny in there to do nothing...kelsay has great speed off the edge and a nasty streak...we saw it in some instances last year, all be it very few

Forward_Lateral
04-03-2004, 09:08 AM
I think Kelsay will be a great DE, especially given the opportunity to play, and with the great coaching of Krumrie

elltrain22
04-03-2004, 12:10 PM
That is the million dollar question: Do you give Kelsay a shot at the the starting DE job, or ( if Udeze or Will Smith are availabe ) do you draft one of these guys. Its a tough propositon, and I am open to both avenues, and I do agree that Kelsay will surprise some people with his play this year.

mypoorfriendme
04-03-2004, 12:35 PM
ill take kelsays potential rather than use first rounder this year. if we did go with udeze or smith, that would mean we are passing on a lot of great talent which WILL go to use whereas kelsay could step it up and render that pick useless

BigZ
04-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
ill take kelsays potention rather than use first rounder this year. if we did go with udeze or smith, that would mean we are passing on a lot of great talent which WILL go to use whereas kelsay could step it up and render that pick useless .

Agreed. But I do think we go QB with the pick and watch our first rounder sit on the bench again this year but get our QB of the future - and the future could be as close as the November 1 roster bonus date for Bledsoe!

Now :awm:

mypoorfriendme
04-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by zielinski

I do think we go QB with the pick and watch our first rounder sit on the bench again this year but get our QB of the future - and the future could be as close as the November 1 roster bonus date for Bledsoe!

agreed

Goobylal
04-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Don't forget, Kelsay was rated as a first-rounder. With Schobel getting double-digit sacks last year, and Denney also being selected in the 2nd round, the Bills will NOT be going DE in the 1st round this year.

The Spaz
04-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Goobylal
Don't forget, Kelsay was rated as a first-rounder. With Schobel getting double-digit sacks last year, and Denney also being selected in the 2nd round, the Bills will NOT be going DE in the 1st round this year.

Don't forget that Schobel is a FA next year as well and that could influence the decision making as well.:up:

ShadowHawk7
04-03-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

AAAAAAAAMEN, Reverand! :up:

chernobylwraiths
04-03-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Don't forget that Schobel is a FA next year as well and that could influence the decision making as well.:up:

I totally agree. I see this as maybe the Peerless Price situation. I think that Schobel with his double digit sacks will be too expensive to resign next year, but I don't think he is dominant enough to warrent as much money as he will get in FA. I see a tag and trade scenario if Schobel has another good year and Kelsay moves into this spot or whoever is drafted (Udeze or Smith).

TigerJ
04-03-2004, 04:29 PM
I'm hopefull Kelsay will make an impact this season. I also think Udeze and Smith will both be great pros, and Schobel could be tempted to take the money and run next year. I wouldn't object if TD took a DE in round one. I might be inclined to wait a bit and take Isaac Hilton later on.

smack541
04-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Guys, i first want to say hi im new to the board. As far as Kelsay i think we need to pass on a DE in the first round and give Kelsay and Denney another chance. We have already burned some decent picks on both of these guys. We might as well see if they develop. They are a crucial part of us bulding our future through the draft. If they dont pan out this year go DE next year.

mypoorfriendme
04-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by smack541
Guys, i first want to say hi im new to the board. As far as Kelsay i think we need to pass on a DE in the first round and give Kelsay and Denney another chance. We have already burned some decent picks on both of these guys. We might as well see if they develop. They are a crucial part of us bulding our future through the draft. If they dont pan out this year go DE next year.

:10: exactly what i think

Lefty2985
04-03-2004, 05:39 PM
YES TAKE THE CHANCE!!! I don't want to waste the 13th pick overall on another DE!!!! It's about time somebody said it!!

B-DON
04-03-2004, 05:48 PM
would you guys tag schobel next year if he has double digit sacks. if we do and someone wants him that could be another high round draft pick next year

The_Philster
04-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by B-DON
would you guys tag schobel next year if he has double digit sacks. if we do and someone wants him that could be another high round draft pick next year

I don't know if I'd tag him...but if we did, it's doubtful that anyone would trade for him...unless the DE market is that weak.

I think we'd have to wait to see how everything pans out.

chernobylwraiths
04-03-2004, 07:23 PM
The Bills have drafted four defensive ends in their history, and only one since 85 (Eric Flowers). I don't see how we have wasted a lot of first rounders on DEs.

mypoorfriendme
04-03-2004, 07:34 PM
not the first round, but we have spent the last two second round picks on de's in the last two years

TedMock
04-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by B-DON

No way, at least not yet. He'd have to become a hell of a lot more well rounded to be "tag worthy". He's a very good pass rusher in streaks but he's very weak on the run. He's not a dominant overall player. I don't expect him to be great in all facets but he needs to improve in certain areas. People knocked Bruce Smith about his run defense and he was stronger in that realm than Schobel. Also, Schobel's not a game breaker the way a guy like Smith was. I think you use the tag on either a dominating player that you can't replace or as a lock up to trade for a dominant player that fits your needs. If the situation arises next year where some team has a restricted free agent that we could really use and they're in bad need of a sack guy then I'd say to tag and trade him. I think Schobel can be more of a difference maker if the guy on the other end is able to hold his ground more. We don't need a 10 sack guy playing opposite him, just one that can hold his ground and turn the play back inside. 5 to 7 sacks from that side would be fine and Schobel would most likely get 11 or 12.

ArcticWildMan
04-04-2004, 12:33 AM
Good point Ted. Schobel has a knack for racking up 3-4 sacks in a good game and then disappearing for 2-3 more.

I really like the guy but I would like to see a little more from him every game. Right now he appears to be too sporadic to waste a franchise tag on.