PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts mock draft

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-03-2004, 07:00 AM
Alright, I am no "draft expert" but it is a free country and here is what I think:

FIRST ROUND
1. Kenechi Udezi - I have a feeling that Udezi will be gone by this pick, so this may be a case of wishful thinking. If Udezi is gone the Bills might go with Will Smith and they will not convert him to OLB.
2. Reggie Williams - If the team goes in the direction of WR and they do not trade up, Williams will be their guy. He has nice hands and good speed. Williams isn't afraid to go over the middle and can make the tough catches.
3. DeAngelo Hall - If the Bills are looking for immediate impact then Hall is their guy. His impact wouldn't be felt as a corner, but as a return guy

I wouldn't be suprised if: The Bills draft Phillip Rivers. I have been labeled as anti-Rivers by some, but I do like the kid. He has a great head on his shoulders and will be a good NFL QB, not great. I still am afraid of his mechanics, but he makes up for it with guts and determination. I would shake my head if the Bills drafted him, but I can live with it.

SECOND ROUND
If they draft a DE or CB:
1. Devery Henderson, WR, LSU - The speedy receiver the Bills seem to be looking for. I like Jenkins better, but I think the Bills will go with Henderson.
2. Ben Watson, TE, Geo - Watson is great after he catches the ball. He will give the Bills a receiving threat at this position.
If they draft a WR:
1. Marquise Hill, DE, LSU - Is a big end but doesn't have that speed to be a great pass rusher, but can be a good compliment to Schobel.
2. Travelle Wharton, T/G - The Bills will move him to guard.

THIRD ROUND
1. Alex Stepanovich, C, Ohio St - He will need time and coaching, but will become a good center.
2. Tommy Kelly, DT, Miss St - a big time hitter. Might move to DE?

FOUTH ROUND
1. Jeremy LeSeur, CB, Michigan - Big, physical, and athletic corner.

FIFTH ROUND
2. Cody Pickett, QB, Wash - Pickett needs work, but the Bills seem to be dedicated to Bledsoe, so Pickett might be their guy.

SIXTH ROUND
Triandos Luke, WR, Alabama

SEVENTH ROUND
Dylan McFarland, T, Montana

I have to say that I think Maurice Clarrett will be drafted in the middle rounds and he will become a good back in the NFL. I know his head isn't all their, but he has the ability.

If I had to pick a player, my draft would be:
1. Kenechi Udezi
2. Ben Watson
3. Devery Henderson (I am saying he falls)
4. Jeremy LeSeur
5. Cody Pickett
6. Triandus Luke
7. Dylan McFarland

The Spaz
04-03-2004, 07:38 AM
Very good job!:up::beer:

DraftBoy
04-03-2004, 08:17 AM
Nicely done

The Spaz
04-03-2004, 08:17 AM
One thing though we don't have a 6th we traded that to Cleveland for Mark Campbell and we have 2 7's due to the Gary trade to Detroit.

Italian Stallion
04-03-2004, 09:11 AM
Yeah good work man...I could live with Udeze but i still think Reggie Williams is in the mold of Terrell Owens, without the headache....id take him if hes there...

but you said what i have been saying for quite awhile....DRAFT DeANGELO HALL!!! he will have an instant impact on special teams and has the ability to become a very good corner early in his career...im still not sold on K TOM and McGee had some good moments...besides, you can never have enough defensive backs!

SABURZFAN
04-03-2004, 09:18 AM
i could see that henderson falls to us in the 3rd round but i seriously doubt that lesueur falls to the 4th round.CB's will go off the board at an alarming rate on Day 1.

just my opinion

elltrain22
04-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Those selections are not only well thought out, but they are realistic. Good job.

BigZ
04-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Good job. I agree with much of it. I think the odds are getting better that Big Ben will be around at 13 (or we trade up with Cleveland) and we take him.

If not, then Rivers. Imagine what Clements and Wyche could do with that kind of talent!!!

Tatonka
04-03-2004, 01:35 PM
good work, ghost.

ShadowHawk7
04-03-2004, 01:43 PM
Nice draft indeed, Ghost. Except I just disagree w/ the 1st round. I'd still rather go w/ a DT like Harris over a DE. The DE class is prolly one of the weaker posistions in the draft. Also, I think Kelsay has great potential, and we should stick w/ him. IF we were going w/ a WR, I'd rather go w/ Roy, instead of Reggie, at least if we stay at 13. We just signed TV, so I don't think a great punt returner is enuff to warrant a 1st rounder. IMO...