PDA

View Full Version : If Harris and Rivers are on the board at 13 who would you take?

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-03-2004, 12:41 PM
If DT Tommie Harris and QB Philip Rivers are on the board at 13 who would you take?

The Spaz
04-03-2004, 12:42 PM
Harris baby!:up::beer:

Devin
04-03-2004, 12:54 PM
heh you know my answer.

BigZ
04-03-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by BillsRockSOMUCH
If DT Tommie Harris and QB Philip Rivers are on the board at 13 who would you take?

Rivers. We need to get that QB of the future. If he or Big Ben are there at 13 we need to take him.

:bandwagon

:gobills:

baalworship
04-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Tommie Harris IF and only if he is to play Defensive End. Can't say no to 292 LB DE's that can pass-rush and stuff the run!

chernobylwraiths
04-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Personally, I would trade down and get more picks. I don't know if I would want to take a QB unless one of the big two happen to drop to us. Plus, I think I would rather take Udeze or Smith as a DE. JMO

mypoorfriendme
04-03-2004, 01:11 PM
there are going to be decent DT's in the second and third rounds...you cant say that about the QB's so i say rivers

chernobylwraiths
04-03-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm kind of intrigued by Josh Harris from Bowling Green. I also think with Mularkey looking for someone like Kordell Stewart as a backup QB, he might be interested in an athelete like Harris. If there is an impact player available with our pick that can play THIS year, I think we take him. So if I HAD to pick one of the original two, it would be Tommie Harris.

Jan Reimers
04-03-2004, 01:28 PM
I know Harris is very good; that PW and SA aren't getting any younger; that Bannan, Edwards and Sape haven't as yet been real productive; and that you have to plan for the future. But you also have to consider the present.

We really can't stockpile DTs when we have more immediate needs - at OL, WR, DE, Safety, and QB of the near (2 year?) future. I'd take Rivers, Udeze, Will Smith, or a WR named Williams before Harris.

ShadowHawk7
04-03-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I know Harris is very good; that PW and SA aren't getting any younger; that Bannan, Edwards and Sape haven't as yet been real productive; and that you have to plan for the future. But you also have to consider the present.

We really can't stockpile DTs when we have more immediate needs - at OL, WR, DE, Safety, and QB of the near (2 year?) future. I'd take Rivers, Udeze, Will Smith, or a WR named Williams before Harris.

I feel we're good at WR, DE, and that Safety and QB can be addressed at later rounds. *unless Taylor slips
OL is a huge need, and that's why i'd prefer to trade down. Otherwise, and unless no1 HUGE drops, HARRIS ALL DA WAY!

Michael82
04-03-2004, 02:36 PM
This is a NO BRAINER! Tommie Harris should be an obvious choice if he is there at #13! :up: