PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben = The next Kelly?

Mr. Miyagi
04-03-2004, 01:28 PM
Ben Roethlisberger, Miami (Ohio)
Height: 6-4
Weight: 242
Likely Draft Position: Early First Round
Possible Destinations: Giants, Browns, Steelers
NFL Comparison: Jim Kelly

Roethlisberger needed only three seasons and 38 games as a starter to break virtually every Miami (OH) passing record, including career touchdowns (84), passing yards (10,829), completions (854), pass attempts (1,304), completion percentage (65.5 percent), and total offense (11,075 yards). The Ohio native is the biggest and most athletically gifted quarterback among the top prospects. Despite outweighing Manning, Philip Rivers, and J.P. Losman by 20 to 30 pounds, Roethlisberger could be the most agile of the top prospects and will be the toughest for defenders to bring down.

more... (http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.2375)

Tatonka
04-03-2004, 01:29 PM
he is much more mobile than kelly... by a long shot..

he is a closer comparison to daunte culpepper or elway/farve.

The Spaz
04-03-2004, 01:29 PM
I think he moves around a little better than Kelly but other than that I sure don't mind the comparison.

Mr. Miyagi
04-03-2004, 01:33 PM
If he's really that good, is it worth trading UP to get him??

Tatonka
04-03-2004, 01:36 PM
no.

One Bills Drive
04-03-2004, 01:50 PM
I don't want to tip our hand too much before the draft, but as for QBs Ben is in our 23-XL-gamma-blue draft scenario, Rivers in our 92-GZ-delta-green plan, and Losman in our 41-ST-beta-yellow.

Please note that numbers or colors in our plans have no bearing on priority.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

TD

The Spaz
04-03-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by One Bills Drive
I don't want to tip our hand too much before the draft, but as for QBs Ben is in our 23-XL-gamma-blue draft scenario, Rivers in our 92-GZ-delta-green plan, and Losman in our 41-ST-beta-yellow.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

TD

:fab: :rofl:

ShadowHawk7
04-03-2004, 02:05 PM
LOL

Michael82
04-03-2004, 02:33 PM
Come on Pittsburgh...draft Phillip Rivers and let Ben Roethlisberger fall to us! :pray:

:jk:

We don't need a damn QB in the 1st round! :mad:

The_Philster
04-03-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Come on Pittsburgh...draft Phillip Rivers and let Ben Roethlisberger fall to us! :pray:

Works for me :up:

Novacane
04-03-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82

We don't need a damn QB in the 1st round! :mad:

we should pick the best available player. I don't mind if Rivers is there and we pass. I will be pissed if Roethlisberger is there and we pass.

Michael82
04-03-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
we should pick the best available player. I don't mind if Rivers is there and we pass. I will be pissed if Roethlisberger is there and we pass.

Yeah, I guess you are right. I will be pissed if we pick Rivers if someone else is still there. However, Big Ben would not be a bad choice.

Mr. Miyagi
04-03-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
:up:

smack541
04-03-2004, 06:04 PM
I would strongly consider Big Ben at 13. But, i have to admit im scared about drafting a QB so high this year. Yea Rivers, Big Ben and Manning all sound good right now. But the odds are that only one of them will really pan out. Right now i would love a Rivers or Big Ben, but the smart money for the future would be to draft a Losman in the 2nd round or a Harris or Smoker in the later rounds. This way you dont fall into the Bengals situation where Kitna played decent last year and they have to start Palmer cuz they cant justify sitting him on the bench while paying him that first round money. I can see Bledsoe rebounding next year.

Ingtar33
04-04-2004, 03:41 AM
I'll be honest... Ben falls out of the top 5 and half the teams in the league will try to trade up for him.

And yes... if he's sitting there at pick 7, i think its time for TD to pick up the phone and say... "hello Cleveland, how would you like T.Henry and our first for your first?"

((yes he's that good))

Of course none of this will happen

B-DON
04-04-2004, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
I'll be honest... Ben falls out of the top 5 and half the teams in the league will try to trade up for him.

And yes... if he's sitting there at pick 7, i think its time for TD to pick up the phone and say... "hello Cleveland, how would you like T.Henry and our first for your first?"

((yes he's that good))

so this means rivers will for sure be gone by 13

eyedog
04-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Ben Roeth is the ONLY qb I want the Bills drafting in the 1st rd. Imo he will be better than Manning and Rivers. If he is there at #13 the Bills will take him, but he won't be. I also would be for a trade up involving Henry to get Ben. I think he's that good and will be worth it in the long run even though he wouldn't provide any help this year.

BigZ
04-04-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by One Bills Drive

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

TD

Thanks Tom. That really cleared things up.

:idunno:

BuffaloRanger
04-04-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33

((yes he's that good))

Wow. That's not what I expected to hear from you. For that much, he'd have to start before the end of the season.

The Spaz
04-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger

Wow. That's not what I expected to hear from you. For that much, he'd have to start before the end of the season.

Ingtar has been a huge advocate of "Big Ben".

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-04-2004, 01:39 PM
TheGhostOfRoethlisberger ?

ublinkwescore
04-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Does Cleveland really need a RB - especially when Travis Henry was without question our MVP last year and WM is still a wild card?

If you ask me, maybe we should give them a linebacker instead (I forget his name, but the guy that we got from the Texans last year would be a better deal for both teams after what Jamal Lewis did to the Browns last year).

The Spaz
04-04-2004, 05:43 PM
Jamal Lewis plays for the Ravens an dgetting rid of Posey would gibe us a void at one of the OLB positions.