3 draft senarios, one sweet draft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

3 draft senarios, one sweet draft.

I'm torn b/w 3 possiblities in the first 3 rounds. This is assuming nobody huge slips. (Taylor, Big Ben, etc.) Rivers, Harris, and trading down, are my ideas in the first, and they'll affect the next two rounds. Rounds 4-7 stay almost the same regardless of the first 3 rounds.

Rivers senario
    1. Phillip Rivers -Obvious QB of future, . Will Learn learn under DB for at least one year. Played in a NFL style offense at N.C. State.
    2. Devery Henderson -Has great potential, though a bit development is needed for him. If Woods/Clayton/Evans slips here, I'd take him instead.
    3. Chris Snee -Great value for this guard at round 3. Very good overall blocker w/ mean streak.

Or...
    Trade Down senario (Traded 13 for Pats 21 and 32)
    Round 1a. Carrey -best guard in the draft
    Round 1b. Evans -Peerless Price with way better hands
    Round 2. Darnell Dockert *Or any other DT in the 2nd round range, I don't know much about the DTs past the top 2 ones, Wilfork, and Harris
    Round 3. Madieu Williams -A very good, yet very underrated player. Will solidify secondary IF Wire doesn't come thru. If Sean Jones is still there, however, I grab him instead.

Or...
    Harris senario
    Round 1. Tommy Harris - Will solidify our aging interior D-line for years to come.
    Round 2. Jeff Grove -Best center in draft, plays w/ amazing mean streak.
    Round 3. Keary Colbert - Or best WR available. Could be a great starter w/ proper coaching.

Then...
    Round 4. Jeff Smoker -QB of future, problems of the field are in the past for him, very similat to Rivers; better arm. (in Rivers senario, a TE is grabbed here.)
    Round 5. Mike Karney -Best blocking FB in draft; decent to good hands
    Round 6. (Browns)
    Round 7a. WR Drew Carter
    Round 7b. Janet Jackson (I think we can rig her jersey for another "malfunction") Or a kicker

The only position, I didn't really address is TE, we need a backup to Cambell, but we can fill that after June 1 cuts. Well, I hope that made sense to you all. Any of the senarios above would be incredibly, amazingly, awesome. What do ya guys think?
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi
  • ShadowHawk7
    • Mar 2003

The trade down w/ the pats may seem unlikely, but the top RB will go in the top 15, and 13 would be a perfect place to take him. Also, I'm shure TD could conjure other ways of trading down w/ other teams.
    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
      • Apr 2003

wow....just wow. i LOVE all of it. now if only our real draft could go like that
      the dude abides

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i would be very very happy with any of those scenarios..

good work bud.. good work.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• One Bills Drive
          • Apr 2004

Mr. Shadowhawk7,

I am very intrigued and impressed by your grasp of the complex mechanics of the NFL draft. If you are interested in applying for a position on my staff, please stop by the office on Monday morning at 7AM sharp and I'll have my assistant give you the neccessary paperwork.

Once we've had a chance to review it and do the appropriate background checks, I'll have her call you to set up an interview ASAP.

Sincerely,

TD
          Buffallo Bills Organization
          One Bills Drive
          Orchard Park, NY

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by One Bills Drive
            Mr. Shadowhawk7,

I am very intrigued and impressed by your grasp of the complex mechanics of the NFL draft. If you are interested in applying for a position on my staff, please stop by the office on Monday morning at 7AM sharp and I'll have my assistant give you the neccessary paperwork.

Once we've had a chance to review it and do the appropriate background checks, I'll have her call you to set up an interview ASAP.

Sincerely,

TD
            youre going to say this to the wrong person and theyre actually going to show up. (im sure at this time of year tom donahoe has plenty of time to surf the net and sign every note of his "TD"). you should have atleast called yourself a representative or something
            the dude abides

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I really like your first two scenarios, but think we have too many immediate needs to take Harris - as good as he is - in the 1st round.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Mr. Shadowhawk7,

Sincerely,

TD
                I'll be there too!

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

youre going to say this to the wrong person and theyre actually going to show up. (im sure at this time of year tom donahoe has plenty of time to surf the net and sign every note of his "TD"). you should have atleast called yourself a representative or something
                  It's funny.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    I really like your first two scenarios, but think we have too many immediate needs to take Harris - as good as he is - in the 1st round.
                    tell me what position besides DT/DE has a chance to get on the field as an "immediate need"?
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dantheman1280
                      I am the Man!
                      • Mar 2004

all of the scenarios besides trading down are likely but i like the one where we get harris in the first round

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                        WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                        • Mar 2003

The best part about the Harris scenario is getting Jake Grove in the 2nd. But I don't think he'll be there. But if he is, and TD passes on Grove in the 2nd, things will be thrown and broken in the ROK.
                        Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
                          Exhausted of Losing
                          • Mar 2004

Love all the scenerios.

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

I think I like the second scenario best. One option instead of Karney in the fifth would be to draft Ben Hartsock, TE from Ohio State. He doesn't have the athleticism of a Winslow, Troupe or Watson, but he's big, has good hands and he's not the slowest TE in the draft.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
                              wow....just wow. i LOVE all of it. now if only our real draft could go like that
                              Yeah, I know, if it could only happen that way, either senario would be wicked. Add that with what looks to be a great coaching staff, a good, conservative run with the FA, and then all the talent and leaders we already have, we're looking at a serious SB run. I'd say witha draft similar to this, we'd go 11-5. Heck, in spite of our staff last year, we easily could of gone 10-6. (Dallas, Texans, Colts, Titans.)

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              i would be very very happy with any of those scenarios..

good work bud.. good work.

Mr. Shadowhawk7,

Sincerely,

TD
                              Sounds great! Wait, wait, wait, did you say backround checks? Umm, how bout we skip that boring and trival procedure, and go straight to the interview?? Please? :theirontome:

Originally posted by TigerJ
                              I think I like the second scenario best. One option instead of Karney in the fifth would be to draft Ben Hartsock, TE from Ohio State. He doesn't have the athleticism of a Winslow, Troupe or Watson, but he's big, has good hands and he's not the slowest TE in the draft.
                              That's a good point Tiger, he would be a good value in the 5th round. If we still had our 6th rounder, I'd take a FB there instead. But we got Mark Cambell for him, and I'd say, that was a great steal, and a great move by TD in aquiring him. Therefore, it would be like drafting 2 TEs in consectutive rounds, which doesn't make to much draft sense to me. While we could also fill the FB hole after June 1 cuts, Mike Karney seems like a great steal in the 5th for us.
                              -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X