PDA

View Full Version : Owens Plays the Race Card............

Novacane
10-18-2002, 11:42 AM
This idiot just does not get it! Now he is only being picked on because of race? Give me a break! He's being singled out because he is an arrogant ass!

http://msn.espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/1017/1447321.html

Ebenezer
10-18-2002, 11:45 AM
when all else fails i guess...

Yeah, this isn't a racist statement is it?

"We're (African-Americans) more expressive than the white guys"

Like George Carlin once said, "Why hate anybody on the basis of race...go after their stupidity"

SABURZFAN
10-18-2002, 06:47 PM
i suppose he'll hire johnny cochrane and sue the NFL now.

RedEyE
10-18-2002, 07:54 PM
"We're (African-Americans) more expressive than the white guys," Owen said. "You look at the skilled players. We're the ones that get into the end zone. We get in the end zone more than they do."

Definitly a racist statement. A good interview with an SI reporter and we may have the makings of a NFL John Rocker.

MissBuffalo
10-18-2002, 09:36 PM
The guy makes no sense!! First he cries:

"The ref's are picking on me because of race. I'm a black man and they are picking on me because of that reason."

Then he blurts out:
"We get in the end zone more than they do." = Meaning the black players get into the end zone more than the white ones because they're the "skilled players," and are generally more expressive.

HUM??? Well, it's really just simple math. If the black players are the ones in the endzone MORE than the white players, than they have a higher chance of getting flagged!!!!

MissBuffalo
10-18-2002, 09:37 PM
He negated his own race card. Idiot!!!

Herdwatcher
10-19-2002, 06:57 AM
Seems to me, the white players need to sue Owens.

As a white man... I just may sue.

Cntrygal
10-19-2002, 07:31 AM
:rolleyes:

If a white guy had said anything remotely close to this..... people would be going crazy! :rolleyes:

Cntrygal
10-19-2002, 08:34 AM
Here he is "defending" his remarks.... :rolleyes:

49ers receiver Terrell Owens sought Friday to clarify remarks he made this week in which he cited race as a factor in some of the harsh reactions to his celebratory post-touchdown ball signing.

"This is not a racial issue,'' Owens said in a statement issued by the team. ``It's about perception. I am a target because of who I am and what I have done in the past. It seems like everything I do is taken to another level.''

more...

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/4321063.htm

Ebenezer
10-19-2002, 08:57 AM
can somebody just make him and randy moss and every white professional wrestler just go away.

Novacane
10-19-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
"We're (African-Americans) more expressive than the white guys," Owen said.

Can you imagine the outcry if Ed Mcaffery would say "We(white-americans) Know how to act when we score a TD"

He would have been crucified! There is a big double standard.

Novacane
10-19-2002, 09:16 AM
I just wish when they score all these guys would "act like they've been there before and are gonna be there again"

Who said that? Joe Paterno or Lou Holtz?

The_Philster
10-19-2002, 12:07 PM
Paterno may have said it but so did some guy who made it into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2001....his name was Marv Levy.

Herdwatcher
10-21-2002, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
can somebody just make him and randy moss and every white professional wrestler just go away.

Wow. food for thought..

Pride
10-21-2002, 01:59 PM
The double standard in this country makes me sick.... I want a WET music station!

I want a White mans TV Network

It is just ridiculous that these @$$holes can get away with racial slurs and everyone thinks it ok. Sorry, but one of these days, some white dude is going to snap and buss a cap in dar ass!