PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Draft-O-Matic 5000 is here!

Dozerdog
04-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Ever wanted to create your own Buffalo Bills mock draft but didn’t have the time to look up 300 football players? Welcome to the BillsZone Draft-O-Matic 5000. What the hard working draftniks at BillsZone.com have done is compile NFL draft prospects by position and Bills team needs. Granted, it’s impossible to determine who will be on the board when the Buffalo Bills pick at #13 in the first round, let alone deep into the draft. Plus, the prospects of trading picks and giving up or acquiring picks can jumble the whole draft picture.

But, as a fun exercise in draftology, we created this draft page so you can select players to fill out the Bills draft board just like they do in the war room at One Bills Drive.

Here’s how it works. Click your mouse on one of the prospects listed for the first round that might be available when the Bills pick. Eliminated were unanimous top 7-8 talent (Eli Manning, Larry Fitzgerald) and players that would be considered outrageous reaches at the #13 spot (Vernon Carey, Michael Clayton).
When you select a player, an expanded profile is given, as well as the next round’s prospects. Continue the process until you reach the 7th round. I have added between 8-12 prospects for each round. Obviously, it’s impossible to add all the prospects- so on average 1 per need position appears in each round. Positions the Bills have no needs for except depth (Linebacker for instance) are represented in later rounds.

BillsZone Draft-O-Matic 5000 (http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?action=YourSite_content&month=1&state=news&nid=9439)

Dozerdog
04-04-2004, 03:17 PM
My Picks-

1-OT Andrews
2- QB JPLosman
3-S Jason Shivers Az St
4- TE Jason Peters
5- DE Bo Schobel TCU
6-DT Spencer Johnson Auburn
7-QB Matt Mauck LSU ( Give Losman competition, Practice squad, NFLE in 2005, Replace Kordell or Travis Brown in 2005)

mypoorfriendme
04-04-2004, 03:23 PM
wow...if the draft could turn out ANYTHING like that i dont think anyone could argue

mypoorfriendme
04-04-2004, 03:27 PM
i got...

DT - tommy harris
WR - michael jenkins
C - alex steponovich
FB - mike karney
QB - kasey clausen
K - josh scobee
G - shannon snell

The Spaz
04-04-2004, 03:28 PM
1. DT/ DE- Tommie Harris
2. C- Jake Grove
3. WR- Devard Darling
4. FS- Madieu Williams
5. FB- Travis Wilson
6. DE/OLB- Shawn Phillips
7. G- Shannon Snell

Would have liked Peters or Karney but they both we're in the same round so had to make some adjustments. Well looks like I screwed up because I didn't get a QB this is tough.

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-04-2004, 03:31 PM
My Picks:
Round 1: QB Philip Rivers
Round 2: WR Michael Jenkins
Round 3: DT Matthias Askew
Round 4: C Nick Leckey
Round 5: FB Travis Wilson
Round 6: DE Shaun Philips
Round 7: K/P Steve Azar

Dozerdog
04-04-2004, 03:34 PM
What do you guys think? Do I have guys way to high or low?

Round 5 and later were brutal to assemble.

Any input appreciated

:feedback:

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Shaun Philips is an absolute steal in round 6 and Karney should be there in round 5 but this is great!

The Spaz
04-04-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
What do you guys think? Do I have guys way to high or low?

Round 5 and later were brutal to assemble.

Any input appreciated

:feedback:

I think Peters should be in the 5th and Karney 4th also add Devery Henderson in the 2nd or 3rd. Also maybe have Pickett in the 4th and Smoker in the 5th or vice versa.

Dozerdog
04-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by BillsRockSOMUCH
Shaun Philips is an absolute steal in round 6 and Karney should be there in round 5 but this is great!

I had him in round 5 originally, but moved him to round 6 to make room for Bo Schobel.

I visited a lot of reputible draft sites, and relied on a lot of rankings of players to try and determine who belonged where.

mypoorfriendme
04-04-2004, 03:40 PM
i thought snell would be a steal at rd 4. everything else i thought was atleast somewhat realistic, although not very likely. ie, i dont think grove or evans will be there in rd 2, etc

The Spaz
04-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Devery Henderson

Dozerdog
04-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
i thought snell would be a steal at rd 4. everything else i thought was atleast somewhat realistic, although not very likely. ie, i dont think grove or evans will be there in rd 2, etc

A lot of sites were down on him- I might remove him from the draft-o-matic

JWatts
04-04-2004, 04:11 PM
The only problem I have is we lost our 6th round pick to Cleveland but we have an extra 7th from Detriot. Other than that it's pretty good.

Dozerdog
04-04-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by JWatts
The only problem I have is we lost our 6th round pick to Cleveland but we have an extra 7th from Detriot. Other than that it's pretty good.

I thought of that.....after investing 15 hours.... I was to lazy to go back and change code on 60 files

TigerJ
04-04-2004, 05:43 PM
I tried it a couple times using a different strategy. It was fine until I got to the seventh round. In the seventh round only two players would load, which completely messed up my strategy for the last round. The players who loaded were QB Matt Mauck and FB Alex Wade. In my first try I ended up with a choice of picking a second QB or a second FB, something I never would have done. At least on the second try I didn't pick a FB earlier so I wasn't forced into picking two at the same position.

He is one effort:

Kenechi Udeze
Michael Jenkins
Alex Stepanovich
Jeff Smoker
Shawntee Spencer
Josh Scobee
Alex Wade

Third try, still only the two players loading in round 7.

The Spaz
04-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Yeah there are a few glitches I just noticed.

STAMPY
04-04-2004, 06:01 PM
reggie williams
jp losman
alex stepanovich
jason peters
bo schobel
spencer johnson
alex wade

Dozerdog
04-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I tried it a couple times using a different strategy. It was fine until I got to the seventh round. In the seventh round only two players would load, which completely messed up my strategy for the last round. The players who loaded were QB Matt Mauck and FB Alex Wade. In my first try I ended up with a choice of picking a second QB or a second FB, something I never would have done. At least on the second try I didn't pick a FB earlier so I wasn't forced into picking two at the same position.

He is one effort:

Kenechi Udeze
Michael Jenkins
Alex Stepanovich
Jeff Smoker
Shawntee Spencer
Josh Scobee
Alex Wade

Third try, still only the two players loading in round 7.

Originally posted by The Spaz
Yeah there are a few glitches I just noticed.

Are you sure only 2 are loading?

Don't forget the frames get smaller the deeper you go. You have to either use the scroll function on your mouse or use the scroll bar in the inner-most frame

The Spaz
04-04-2004, 06:07 PM

Are you sure only 2 are loading?

Don't forget the frames get smaller the deeper you go. You have to either use the scroll function on your mouse or use the scroll bar in the inner-most frame

Sometimes when you click the link to the player either a different picture pos up and the wrong player review or the correct picture ane the wrong player review.

Dozerdog
04-04-2004, 06:53 PM
Can you let me know what ones aren't working? I clicked every one before releasing

I just expanded all the frames so no scrolling needed- I'm also eliminating round six and adding a second rd 7

The Spaz
04-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Can you let me know what ones aren't working? I clicked every one before releasing

I just expanded all the frames so no scrolling needed- I'm also eliminating round six and adding a second rd 7

I'll let you know!:up:

The Spaz
04-04-2004, 07:03 PM

Spence Johnson and Keith Lewis's player review are the same. Lawrence Richardson when you click his link his player profile comes up but shannon snells picture appears.

Dozerdog
04-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Fixed:up:

The Spaz
04-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Fixed:up:

:fab:

The Spaz
04-04-2004, 08:06 PM
Now if you could only put karney in the 4th and Peters in the 5th I could do a pretty perfect draft.:snicker::beer:

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-04-2004, 08:15 PM
My draft would be perfect if Ben Harstock was in round 7.

TigerJ
04-04-2004, 09:35 PM
OK here's another try with the new and improved Draft-O-Matic 5000.

We'll try:
Udeze-Blue chip pass rusher
Evans-speed receiver with good hands
Hartsock-big blocking TE with good hands
Smoker-disappointed early in college career(injuries and alcohol)
but blossomed his senior year - has big time talent
Spencer-size to maybe play safety-versatility a plus
Keaulana-Kamakea-versatility personified
Azar-competition for Ryan what's his name

Dozerdog
04-04-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
OK here's another try with the new and improved Draft-O-Matic 5000.

We'll try:
Udeze-Blue chip pass rusher
Evans-speed receiver with good hands
Hartsock-big blocking TE with good hands
Smoker-disappointed early in college career(injuries and alcohol)
but blossomed his senior year - has big time talent
Spencer-size to maybe play safety-versatility a plus
Keaulana-Kamakea-versatility personified
Azar-competition for Ryan what's his name

Excellent!

I'll be adding more players before the draft in th elater rounds- those are the harest to proiject for obvious reasons. Got any suggestions?

TigerJ
04-05-2004, 08:44 AM
Isaac Hilton would be a nice addition to your list of available defensive ends.

Dozerdog
04-05-2004, 09:42 AM
He looks to be a 3rd/4th rounder
. I'll add him there

Added to the 7th, Eli Roberson, Robert Kent, Rod Rutheford QB's

The Spaz
04-05-2004, 09:44 AM
He looks to be a 3rd/4th rounder
. I'll add him there

Added to the 7th, Eli Roberson, Robert Kent, Rod Rutheford QB's

Keep it up Dozer!:up:

The Quebecer
04-05-2004, 08:08 PM
My take:
1. Rivers
2. Grove
3. Darling
4. Peters
5. Campbell, DT
7. Roberson, Slash-type

BTW, Fantastic work D.

Keep the faith!
Pat
7. Wade, FB

BuffaloBlakely14
04-06-2004, 09:50 AM
1st Round-Phillip Rivers
*QB of the future and someone who can lead this team
2nd Round-Jake Grove
*Anchor of the offense for years to come...Kent Hull style
3rd Round-Devard Darling
*Big time recevier who could be an amazing steal in the 3rd...definitely talented enough to go in the 1st in past drafts
4th Round-Madieu Williams
*Highly underrated safety out of Maryland...read one report having him behind Taylor
5th Round-Shauntee Spencer
*An under the radar CB out of Pittsburgh...ran a blazing 40 on his workout day...and spent his career in Pitt covering guys like Laryy Fitzgerald and Antonio Bryant at practice
7th Round-Derek Abney
*Gamebreaking KR...very Dante Hall like...regarded as one of hte best KR's in the history of the NCAA
7th Round-Cedrick Hillard
*Dont know much about...from Notre Dame...could be a nice pickup

matt
04-08-2004, 11:01 AM
I am all for the Bills trading down especially if they can swap with the patsies for both of their first round picks. Then we can get troupe with21 and Losman with 32. in round two you can target jenkins from Ohio state, and round 3 can get maybe a pass rusher like Babin. I am almost positive that all three QBS that everyone talks about will be gone by 13 because I think the browns or cards will take one, along with Giants and steelers (also possibly Raiders) I do think that maybe a top reciever will slip with lions talking RB with Jackson, and I am pretty sure with new defensive minded coach in atlanta they will take db. If this happens and R. Williams is still available they will go that route. I do not feel they will take a DE, (though they probably should) because Gray rotates de's in and out so they may go quantity rather then quality.
Just some thoughts.
Matt B.

tampabay25690
04-18-2004, 10:54 PM
Well guys this is what I think

Udeze DE
Ben Watson TE
Devan Darling WR
Mike Karney FB
Josh HArris QB
Crittenden C
Hilliard DT