• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

The "R" Word

By Mark Weiler, Bills Report
    Things appear to be a bit tentative in Buffalo these days. If you ask varying groups of fans on one hand for the upcoming season the Bills are expected to compete. Some are expecting all things to click perfectly. Others are more wisely aware that in all likelihood, everything will not go exactly as planned and foretold by a seemingly overconfident coaching staff and GM. Many factors can alter a season for better or worse.

It is partly understandable that the front office wants to hype the team for the upcoming season. Afterall, no one wants to see less than a full boat for each home game. The fans are unarguably an integral part of home field performance, particularly in Buffalo. As was pointed out in my last piece however, there are certainly issues associated with over-hyping the team.
    more

I really don't see people over-hyping things.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I'm sure I have read it already...

Comment

• BigZ
      • Sep 2003

Just finished reading the article.

I don't get the same feeling of the team being hyped. Yea, I'm optimistic and would love to see Mularkey get the team to 9 or 10 wins. I also know that this coming year will be a transition. I think we will be disappointed if they don't win at least 6.

More importantly, we'll all be disappointed if the guys don't give it their all every game.

Comment

• Voltron
        • Jul 2002

I do see some of the hype. I mean Sam Wyche saying drew still has all the tools when he hasn't played decent in about 5 years. That to me was over hype. I have not seen Malarkey hype anything but saying that we are going to be a run first team. We have all heard that for 3 years. I will believe it when I see it. I think people need to get off Marks back and remember that while he writes these columns and does use all fact. Much is his opinion. we are all entitled to our opinion here, or last I knew at least
        Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
        - Mark Twain

Comment

• clumping platelets

Nothing wrong with opinion but how many times can you write the same thing?

He's all negative

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Voltron
            I do see some of the hype. I mean Sam Wyche saying drew still has all the tools when he hasn't played decent in about 5 years. That to me was over hype. I have not seen Malarkey hype anything but saying that we are going to be a run first team. We have all heard that for 3 years. I will believe it when I see it. I think people need to get off Marks back and remember that while he writes these columns and does use all fact. Much is his opinion. we are all entitled to our opinion here, or last I knew at least
            Sam Wyche has been in the NFL and is well respected and has faith in his capabilities that's not over-hype.

Comment

• bills_7
              TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by zielinski
              I think we will be disappointed if they don't win at least 6.

More importantly, we'll all be disappointed if the guys don't give it their all every game.
              I will be disappointed if they dont make the playoffs....

We r as good as any team on paper.... lets just hope we can bring it on to the field!

Comment

• Voltron
                • Jul 2002

I don't think so. I see him as a realist. He also said the D was a solid unit last year with the RDE being the only very large need we need to fill. That is not a negative comment. I have seen many people here say the same thing. How is he being negative? He is trying to keep the hype to a min. and I have to say I agree with him to an extent. Too many people think that MM and TC and SW have some magic wand that is going to fix Drews play and that is just being over optimistic and I know you would agree CP.
                - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                -Thomas Jefferson

- Mark Twain

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

RDE is fine it's the LDE that that is the problem.

Comment

• Voltron
                    • Jul 2002

yeah i noticed that about 2 seconds after I posted and you beat me to fixing it
                    - Frank Dane

-Thomas Jefferson

- Mark Twain

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz

Sam Wyche has been in the NFL and is well respected and has faith in his capabilities that's not over-hype.
                      Wyche maybe a respected coach but when you go and say a player that hasnt played consistently well in 5 seasons is due I think its overhyping it abit.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy

Wyche maybe a respected coach but when you go and say a player that hasnt played consistently well in 5 seasons is due I think its overhyping it abit.
                        He thinks he can do it so to him it's not over-hype maybe to us it is.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Well Williams said he could make this team a playoff team and that now seems lile hype. I think we as fans have a certain right to be questioning what our new coaches are saying after all the broken promises of the last regime.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Well Williams said he could make this team a playoff team and that now seems lile hype. I think we as fans have a certain right to be questioning what our new coaches are saying after all the broken promises of the last regime.
                            Like I said to us it may be hype but to them they don't see themselves failing, nor should they.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz

Like I said to us it may be hype but to them they don't see themselves failing, nor should they.
                              Either did the last group of coaches
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X