PDA

View Full Version : Chris Berman's Psychic Source

mightyspaz
04-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Mr. Cab Driver

By Chris Brown, Bills Digest Editor
April 5, 2004

For more than a decade now ESPN's Chris Berman has been dead on in naming the top draft pick of the Buffalo Bills just moments before NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue reads the name handed to him at the podium every April at the NFL draft.

While Berman strategically times his soliloquy regarding which prospect he believes the Bills will select, it's not inside information he claims as his own. For years he's attributed his perfect record of predicting Buffalo's top draft choices to someone known only as a cab driver. Just who is this guy?

Bills Digest went to the source and tried to shake down ESPN's football anchorman.

"This cab driver is dialed in," said Berman of his driver's connection to Buffalo's impending draft picks. "He is a rarely seen guy who lives in Connecticut. He picks me up at my house in Connecticut a couple of days before and drives me to the draft."

So when did he start driving Berman to the draft in New York? ESPN's studio host said it started in 1990.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=238962

I Found this on BuffaloBills.com. I now Spaz will like it.
DRAFT TIME WAHOO!
:drunks:

The Spaz
04-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by mightyspaz

I Found this on BuffaloBills.com. I now Spaz will like it.
DRAFT TIME WAHOO!
:drunks:

Good aricle. You didn't ahve to quote it though just copy and paste a paragraph or 2 then provide a link to the source. It is a good read though.

The Spaz
04-05-2004, 09:08 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=238962

The Spaz
04-05-2004, 09:11 AM
Chris Berman is awesome!:up::beer:

ryjam282
04-05-2004, 09:14 AM
I enjoyed it....I wonder who the guy is.

The Spaz
04-05-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by ryjam282
I enjoyed it....I wonder who the guy is.

http://kreative1.homestead.com/files/hiwayman.jpg
<b>Cab Driver</b>

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2004, 09:17 AM
So who is the cab driver going say that we pick this year???

Voltron
04-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Well Berman doesn't know until the day of the draft so who knows. :idunno:

DraftBoy
04-05-2004, 10:19 AM
Yea well if you remeber correctly Berman basically told us it would be the McGahee pick b4 they went to commercial right before the Bills pick. Also the year of the Moulds pick he was talking about Eric right before our pick too, so maybe just maybe there is some truth.

Aero II
04-05-2004, 11:22 AM
I read the article in Bills Digest. There was a line at the end that said that after much investigation that the cab drivers initials are "GM".

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Aero II
I read the article in Bills Digest. There was a line at the end that said that after much investigation that the cab drivers initials are "GM".
General Motors know these things???

mypoorfriendme
04-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Yea well if you remeber correctly Berman basically told us it would be the McGahee pick b4 they went to commercial right before the Bills pick. Also the year of the Moulds pick he was talking about Eric right before our pick too, so maybe just maybe there is some truth.

well there has to be a reliable source because not only did he predict mcgahee...but hes also 100% on ever bill in the first round so far.

Aero II
04-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

General Motors know these things???
Well, Raplh does live in Detroit.

Dozerdog
04-05-2004, 12:59 PM
I remember Berman nailing Fina as our pick way back when

mypoorfriendme
04-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Good aricle. You didn't ahve to quote it though just copy and paste a paragraph or 2 then provide a link to the source. It is a good read though.

what difference does it make? :huh:

The Spaz
04-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

It looks better and you can read it easier not in red and you're not supposed use the whole article just a blurb.:up:

Dozerdog
04-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

Beleive it or not- we aren't allowed to have full articles reprinted here.

It's a violation of copyright laws - technically- the Buffalo Bills could sue the zone if they felt like it.

mypoorfriendme
04-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Beleive it or not- we aren't allowed to have full articles reprinted here.

It's a violation of copyright laws - technically- the Buffalo Bills could sue the zone if they felt like it.

lol...well there ya go :baghead: