PDA

View Full Version : nfl players

Billsouth
04-05-2004, 07:56 PM
we r quick to blast nfl players but i was in north carolina and my son plays on the same team as ricky proehl's son. my son went up to him and r.p. was very receptive and shook his hand

in this day and age.. they way he acted tonight should be displayed just as much as when we see someone act like an idiot.

i am sorry for wasting space, but i think it is important to realize that we have let a few bad apples really spoil our perception of the bunch.

The_Philster
04-05-2004, 08:00 PM
Good post, actually. We see the bad stories all the time but the good ones need to be told as well. Myself, I've had good experiences with meeting a number of Bills players and former players. helmetguy and I partied with a number of the Bills from the 60s and 70s when Billy Shaw was inducted into the HOF. And the year Marv went in, we had beers with Jim Stillwell and Manny Fernandez of Miami's No-name defense.

BigZ
04-05-2004, 08:07 PM
good to hear. don't be afraid to say something nice!

Billsouth
04-05-2004, 08:08 PM
its too bad that all we ever hear about are the bad stories.

i know proehl never played for the bills but plays for the panthers but he is an nfl player who is a pretty good guy.

mypoorfriendme
04-05-2004, 08:12 PM
i saw some show and it honored ricky proehl and eddie robinson for being good people and giving back to the community, etc. there are some people though that you will just never see being recognized for being a "good person."

Billsouth
04-05-2004, 08:20 PM
the only downside is that his team won a sb and we r still hungry!!!