PDA

View Full Version : So? Was keeping Satan worth it?

Ebenezer
04-05-2004, 10:51 PM
He was almost invisible down the stretch. He had 29 goals but was AWOL in November and December. He's $5 mil against the books next year with little trade value.

Was it worth keeping him at the trade deadline? I think not.

Dozerdog
04-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Worth what?

Dozerdog
04-05-2004, 11:06 PM
People complain the sabres spend no money- and when they invest in a young sniper they say he's not worth it.

When they dealt Satan's boat anchor off his line, Curtis Brown, he exploded.

Unless you get a stud defenseman back, then keep him.

Make up your minds people- go cheap and stop whining, or spend for players and stop whining.

Ebenezer
04-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
People complain the sabres spend no money- and when they invest in a young sniper they say he's not worth it.

When they dealt Satan's boat anchor off his line, Curtis Brown, he exploded.

Unless you get a stud defenseman back, then keep him.

Make up your minds people- go cheap and stop whining, or spend for players and stop whining.

I made up mind...I said before the trade dead line to trade Satan...I still stick by that.

Earthquake Enyart
04-06-2004, 06:20 AM
What were you going to get for Satan? You'd have to trade him to a team with money making the push for the playoffs, so in return you'd get nothing of value from their current roster. Prospects and picks. No thanks.

The off season is the time to get rid of him, but the new CBA may tie your hands there too.

Patrick76777
04-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Dozer, this is Buffalo, In the same breath, people will call the Radio shows and say, "we need to get rid of this Satan, but we need a goal scorer" Not you Eb!

29 goals in a good amount in today's NHL! But most players that good have some attitude problems.

Like I said, it's a Buffalo thing, for some reason, this town hates the superstars! Most people hated Jim Kelly, they loved *****ing about Bruce Smith and couldn't wait to get Hasek out of town!

It could drive me to drink.

Not you Eb, I don't want to put words in your mouth, I'm talking about the Radio guys and the guys that call the Radio guys, and the guys that buy into everything the radio guys say!

Ebenezer
04-06-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Dozer, this is Buffalo, In the same breath, people will call the Radio shows and say, "we need to get rid of this Satan, but we need a goal scorer" Not you Eb!

29 goals in a good amount in today's NHL! But most players that good have some attitude problems.

Like I said, it's a Buffalo thing, for some reason, this town hates the superstars! Most people hated Jim Kelly, they loved *****ing about Bruce Smith and couldn't wait to get Hasek out of town!

It could drive me to drink.

Not you Eb, I don't want to put words in your mouth, I'm talking about the Radio guys and the guys that call the Radio guys, and the guys that buy into everything the radio guys say!

I just think his time in Buffalo is done and that it is time to get something back for him because at the end of the deal he can walk.

Patrick76777
04-06-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

I just think his time in Buffalo is done and that it is time to get something back for him because at the end of the deal he can walk.

It's a good point. And if we could get something good for him, and it came down to trading him or losing him to FA, I'd do it. But if we're going to get a couple of 18 year old kids, I'm not up for the deal. I'd rather have him play next year, pump in his 25-30 goals, hopefully help us get into the playoffs and then let him go.

That being said, if they change the CBA, get a cap, Start revenue sharing, it may be easier to resign him after his deal is up? Who knows what the lockout will bring?

Ebenezer
04-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
It's a good point. And if we could get something good for him, and it came down to trading him or losing him to FA, I'd do it. But if we're going to get a couple of 18 year old kids, I'm not up for the deal. I'd rather have him play next year, pump in his 25-30 goals, hopefully help us get into the playoffs and then let him go.

Yes...I would keep Satan over getting another Pyatt and Connolly.

Patrick76777
04-06-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

Yes...I would keep Satan over getting another Pyatt and Connolly.

AMEN BROTHER! I'd rather have them trade for you and I over another Connolly and Pyatt!

pyrrhonist
04-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Well said, Dozer.

Well, Buffalo could've always traded Miro for another bag of pucks, like Regier did for Peca. We all know that was an outstanding deal. :rolleyes:

I was never for dealing Miro, and I still am not. This team improved quite a bit over the prior 2 seasons' teams, and I'm happy for it.

alyson
04-06-2004, 04:41 PM
I agree with pyrrhonist. He contributed for most of the season, and just got in the scoring slump at the end. Although he appeared to have some attitude problems (e.g. the "call me" hand signal in the Toronto game) I think that was partly because he was told they were trying to trade him. I'm glad we kept him. I think with a veteran like him, and our new guys (Drury and Briere were great this season, as far as I'm concerned), we should be in good position next year. Don't forget, we were up a creek last year, bankrupt, possibly folding.. that was just ONE year ago! And we almost made the playoffs. Down with the Island!

SkateZilla
04-06-2004, 09:30 PM
If If Plays Its Worth it If he Wines and talks On His Imaginary Cell Phone then No...

He Already Told The Staff At Buffalo That After Next Year he's Not Re-Signing With Buffalo.