PDA

View Full Version : Offseason plan I would like to see for the Sabres

Ebenezer
04-05-2004, 11:05 PM
To make it easy I am going to divide the players into keep or sack catagories. I've simply listed the players regardless of contract status. Thus, if the are a FA, sign them or leave them go.

Keep:
Defense:
Patrick (depending on offseason surgery)
Brown
Tallinder
Zhitnik
Kalinin
McKee

Forwards:
Roy
Bartovic
Dumont
Mair
Drury
Griere
Briere
Hecht
Peters

Goalies:

Sack:
Defense:
Fitzpatrick
Campbell

Forwards:
Kotalik
Connolly & Pyatt (and declare the Peca trade a complete bust)
Afinogenov
Satan

Goalies:
Biron

Guys I could care less about (cut them, trade them, send them to the minors...makes no difference):
Jillson
Taylor
Boulton
Norenen

Dozerdog
04-05-2004, 11:09 PM
OK then...... when the Sabres are out of the playoffs another 5 years I bet you will be beating the drum to dump the next group of players.

They finally have done something right. They were the hottest team in March. Let's blow it up and start again :rolleyes:

Ebenezer
04-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
OK then...... when the Sabres are out of the playoffs another 5 years I bet you will be beating the drum to dump the next group of players.

They finally have done something right. They were the hottest team in March. Let's blow it up and start again :rolleyes:

Other than Biron (and for a short time Satan) name who contributed on the sack list?

Defense:
Fitzpatrick-Injured
Campbell-On the bench

Forwards:
Kotalik-Injured
Connolly & Pyatt (and declare the Peca trade a complete bust)-Injured
Afinogenov-Still not convinced he can score
Satan-$5mil could bring back something to help

Goalies:
Biron-Slow starter.

Ebenezer
04-05-2004, 11:18 PM
oh yeah forgot these guys

Jillson-saw enough of him after the first game...pass
Taylor-old journeyman
Boulton-rarely wins a fight, offense worse than Rob Ray
Norenen-lost the job to Biron, injured down the stretch.

fushetti
04-05-2004, 11:41 PM
How can u ditch Afinogenov and Kotalik? These guys are young up and comers! I thought Max played very well this year with Roy and Bartovic.

Why is everyone down on Mika? The guy played lights out until he got hurt. Hey, until i've seen otherwise, Ryan Miller is NOT better than Marty or Mika.

Sorry Eb, Rory Fitzpatrick was as steady as they come on the blue line. I'd keep him over James Patrick...only because i think he is done. Jillson even played better after his first few games. I was shocked at how well the trades worked out for us... I posted a scathing post about how i thought they (the trades) were useless. I really liked brown and grier.

Ebenezer
04-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by fushetti
How can u ditch Afinogenov and Kotalik? These guys are young up and comers! I thought Max played very well this year with Roy and Bartovic.

Why is everyone down on Mika? The guy played lights out until he got hurt. Hey, until i've seen otherwise, Ryan Miller is NOT better than Marty or Mika.

Sorry Eb, Rory Fitzpatrick was as steady as they come on the blue line. I'd keep him over James Patrick...only because i think he is done. Jillson even played better after his first few games. I was shocked at how well the trades worked out for us... I posted a scathing post about how i thought they (the trades) were useless. I really liked brown and grier.

Afinogenov-need to trade something to get something
Kotalik-Quit on the team down the stretch
Patrtick-+11, second best on the team
Jillson?? What games were you watching...he was on the ice for all three game losers in the OT loss streak.

Dozerdog
04-05-2004, 11:56 PM
Patrick is what- Late 30's?

SabreEleven
04-05-2004, 11:58 PM
Patrick is what- Late 60's?

:eek:

Earthquake Enyart
04-06-2004, 06:22 AM
I'd trade Tallinder for a flat zamboni tire.

Ebenezer
04-06-2004, 07:32 AM
Patrick is what- Late 30's?

41 actually.