Asks me to register. :mad:

Tatonka
04-06-2004, 07:55 AM
yeah.. i am not registering.

can you just post the info?

clumping platelets
04-06-2004, 07:58 AM
The author is a reported "insider" like Ingtar

Cleveland and Buffalo have been talking recently. Buffalo is interested in moving up to #7 to select Roy Williams ,Ben Roethlisberger, or Kellen Winslow. Additionally, Buffalo has spoken with San Diego regarding the #1 overall pick. This of course would be for Eli Manning

Another trade I feel comfortable with is Buffalo trading up for Winslow. Buffalo does like Roethlisberger and Manning but feel confident that Bledsoe can achieve in 2004 with a solid TE. This would be a double answer for a weak passing game. Donahue feels they can aquire a veteran QB post June 1st to backup

Buffalo trades #13, #74, and #109 to Arizona for #3 overall to select Kellen Winslow

Patrick76777
04-06-2004, 07:59 AM
Is this some silly ass fan site???

clumping platelets
04-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Am I a silly ass???

Probably :snicker:

Earthquake Enyart
04-06-2004, 08:01 AM
This guy is smokin ganga.

So the three trades I feel have the best chance as of today of actually occurring are as follows;
New Orleans trade #18 #48 #150 and a 2005 2nd rnd pick to San Diego for #1 overall to select Eli Manning.
Buffalo trades #13, #74, and #109 to Arizona for #3 overall to select Kellen Winslow.
Jacksonville trades #9 & # 70 and #249 to Detroit for #6 overall to select Larry Fitzgerald.

My top ten Mock now appears as follows;
San Diego to Saints QB Eli Manning
Oakland OT Robert Gallery
Arizona to Buffalo TE Kellen Winslow
Giants QB Ben Roethlisberger
Redskins DT Tommie Harris
Lions to Jacksonville WR Larry Fitzgerald
Browns S Sean Taylor
Falcons DB DeAngelo Hall
Jaguars to Lions WR Roy Williams
Texans DE Wil Smith

Dozerdog
04-06-2004, 08:01 AM
That is ridiculous

Originally posted by Patrick76777
Is this some silly ass fan site???

It's a forum anyone can register in.

Hey clump, does this "insider" have a track record? Or is this a Brian H wannabe

clumping platelets
04-06-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
That is ridiculous

Hey clump, does this "insider" have a track record? Or is this a Brian H wannabe

He is an "insider" like Ingtar but he handles cap & draft issues. He's been accurate about 2/3 of the time from what I can tell. He gets his share of abuse on that site, so they gave him his own highly moderated forum

ryjam282
04-06-2004, 08:11 AM
I would love it soooo much if we could get Winslow. He is a bit of a loose cannon sometimes but brings the attitude this team needs. He's a soldier :)

I really want Rivers but if we got Winslow, I would be sooo pumped. He could do for our WR's what Shockey does for the Giant WR's. Ike Hilliard has been pretty good since Shockey got there....What do you think?

Dozerdog
04-06-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
He is an "insider" like Ingtar but he handles cap & draft issues. He's been accurate about 2/3 of the time from what I can tell. He gets his share of abuse on that site, so they gave him his own highly moderated forum

Not to harp,

....but what has he gotten right? Stuff that is somewhat obvious (like Milloy to Buffalo) or suprises, Like Sapp to the Raiders?

Ickybaluky
04-06-2004, 08:27 AM
I realize you guys may want to believe that, but giving up only the #74 (3rd Rnd) and #109 (5th Rnd) to move up from #13 to #3? Value-wise, that is not giving up very much, unless there is something else involved, like a future pick.

clumping platelets
04-06-2004, 08:31 AM
#109 is our 4th rd pick. I agree NE39, unless the Cards are "very" motivated, that deal does not make sense value wise

The Spaz
04-06-2004, 08:33 AM
Move up to #3 and select Winslow that is BS. I wouldn't mid moving up there to get someone like Fitzgerald or Gallery but not for Winslow.

clumping platelets
04-06-2004, 08:37 AM
I also agree Spaz, Winslow at #3? :shakeno:

Tatonka
04-06-2004, 08:44 AM
you do not give up picks in the most talented draft to happened in the last 10-20 years. you go get more picks if possible.

SABURZFAN
04-06-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
That is ridiculous

:laughter:

Jan Reimers
04-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Move up to #3 and select Winslow that is BS. I wouldn't mid moving up there to get someone like Fitzgerald or Gallery but not for Winslow.

You are absolutely right, Spaz. We would be crazy.

Earthquake Enyart
04-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
you do not give up picks in the most talented draft to happened in the last 10-20 years. you go get more picks if possible.

It's not giving up that much to move up to 3. But Winslow? :huh:

How could be pass up Taylor, Fitzgerald or Big Ben? :scratch:

Dozerdog
04-06-2004, 08:55 AM
#109 is our 4th rd pick. I agree NE39, unless the Cards are "very" motivated, that deal does not make sense value wise

The only way any of this makes sense is if it's with the Redskins. The Skins need picks, (they have only 1 other, I beleive)and they want to move down in the 1st round because of the cap sace needed to sign a top 5 pick.

Gunzlingr
04-06-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

amen to that!

clumping platelets
04-06-2004, 09:04 AM
I'm wary of Winslow.......his agents will most likely be the Poston's :shakeno:

Bills trade up to #3, it better be for one of the QB's, WR's, or Gallery!!

Hmmm........

Bills trade #13, #74, 2nd rd 2005, and OL Jennings to Cards for #3, and 4th rd 2005 :up:

Gallery would be my first choice, then one of the QB's, then Fitzgerald

TKO
04-06-2004, 09:12 AM
this rumor is crazy :freako:

ryjam282
04-06-2004, 09:18 AM
I'm wary of Winslow.......his agents will most likely be the Poston's :shakeno:

Bills trade up to #3, it better be for one of the QB's, WR's, or Gallery!!

Hmmm........

Bills trade #13, #74, 2nd rd 2005, and OL Jennings to Cards for #3, and 4th rd 2005 :up:

Gallery would be my first choice, then one of the QB's, then Fitzgerald

Now that is just too much to give up.....

Ebenezer
04-06-2004, 09:22 AM

why are you so shot in the butt to trade Jennings all the time? :huh:

Ickybaluky
04-06-2004, 09:35 AM
That isn't even close to value.

Last year, the Jets gave up the #13, #22 and #116 (4th) in exchange for the #4 overall selection.

Last year, Arizona traded the #6 overall selection to New Orleans in exchange for the #17 and #18, and they were panned for not getting enough value in return (based on history).

Past trades for top-5 selections require similar value in return. This deal isn't even close.

If the Bills were talking the #13, next year's #1 and the #74, that might be believable. It would take that kind of value, 2 1st rounders and something else later on.

clumping platelets
04-06-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

why are you so shot in the butt to trade Jennings all the time? :huh:

If Gallery were the choice, why keep him

Why not get something for him before he leaves as UFA? :shakeno:

Earthquake Enyart
04-06-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by NE39

Last year, the Jets gave up the #13, #22 and #116 (4th) in exchange for the #4 overall selection.

Last year, Arizona traded the #6 overall selection to New Orleans in exchange for the #17 and #18, and they were panned for not getting enough value in return (based on history).

Past trades for top-5 selections require similar value in return. This deal isn't even close.

If the Bills were talking the #13, next year's #1 and the #74, that might be believable. It would take that kind of value, 2 1st rounders and something else later on.

Wow. I actually agree with you. :const:

TKO
04-06-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by NE39

And this is a deeper draft so teams probably want even more picks in return.

justasportsfan
04-06-2004, 09:50 AM
Who's Donahue?

Canadian'eh!
04-06-2004, 09:50 AM
i think the skins or lions will pull a trade for those two 1st rounders the pats have(and more). I'm no insider just a hunch. they both have plenty of needs and the skins especially have next to nothing in picks beside that #5.

as for this insider.... I'm all for listenting to any rumor.. (even ones i made up myself) but it would help me feel more at ease with the rumor if he knew how to spell DONAHOE.

ps- Ingtar, your post on the bills problems from last year was one of the best i ever read. thanks for the insight.

justasportsfan
04-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
i think the skins or lions will pull a trade for those two 1st rounders the pats have(and more). I'm no insider just a hunch. they both have plenty of needs and the skins especially have next to nothing in picks beside that #5.

as for this insider.... I'm all for listenting to any rumor.. (even ones i made up myself) but it would help me feel more at ease with the rumor if he knew how to spell DONAHOE.

ps- Ingtar, your post on the bills problems from last year was one of the best i ever read. thanks for the insight.

Welcome Eh!

Mr. Cynical
04-06-2004, 10:41 AM

Totally agree. F**k that. :up:

Even though this is a fantasy, there's no way I'd waste a #3 for a TE. I don't care how good he is. At that level I'd go QB, WR and DE. (in that order)

Dantheman1280
04-06-2004, 11:19 AM
If we did any one of these stupid thing I would be very upset, this is a very deep draft at virtually every positon. why trade up, if any thing trade down!!

elltrain22
04-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Wow, I hope that any of those scenarios work out.

The Spaz
04-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by elltrain22
Wow, I hope that any of those scenarios work out.

You like selecting Winslow at #3?!:dizzy:

SoCalBillsFan
04-06-2004, 11:53 AM
If we manage to get he number 3 pick and waste it on winslow I will puke. if we get up that high, take gallery , Big Ben, or SEAN TAYLOR. We could even take the number three pick and trade down 2 or three spots and still get taylor. Winslow is not a good pick at that spot.

ryjam282
04-06-2004, 12:33 PM
That is a little high to take Winslow IMO, I think if they were to move up that high it would be to take Big Ben or Eli....Which I think is a waste, when we could Rivers who is probably better then both of them right now.

smack541
04-06-2004, 01:35 PM
I don’t believe that Winslow rumor has any validity. But, I would not be shocked about a trade up for Manning. I know it sounds ridiculous, but when you look at it closer it might not be. Donahoe has already said he is going to take a QB the first day. If he waits to the 2nd round that leaves J.P. Losman. If there not impressed with him they may have to look at the top 3. And if Donahoe thinks Manning is a no brainier I could see him making the move. Even though I think Bledsoe will rebound next year, what if he doesn’t. Then we would be screwed at the QB position and have to wait till next year to draft a QB out of a lesser talented group. I’m scared to sacrifice anymore picks though in a loaded draft. Dont forget that maybe Henry might be on the block.

Dozerdog
04-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Why not just keep all the picks -n evven trade down to the mid teens- and get ben Troupe if they have such a hard on for a TE?

mypoorfriendme
04-06-2004, 02:27 PM
i am no longer a supporter of tom "donahue" if we move up to the third overall for winslow. if were at number three overall, we shuold be getting larry, eli, ben, or taylor and thats about it. MAYBE gallery if hes there. but if thats all it would take to move up, id say its worth it

The Spaz
04-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
i am no longer a supporter of tom "donahue" if we move up to the third overall for winslow. if were at number three overall, we shuold be getting larry, eli, ben, or taylor and thats about it. MAYBE gallery if hes there. but if thats all it would take to move up, id say its worth it

That scenario isn't going to happen so don't worry about it.

mypoorfriendme
04-06-2004, 02:39 PM
yeah, but its fun to think about!

The Spaz
04-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
yeah, but its fun to think about!

Not when you would slam Donahoe forselecting Winslow at #3. That sure wouldn't be fun to think about.

The_Philster
04-06-2004, 04:39 PM
Interesting thoughts...but other than Big Ben and Eli...who do we have that big a need for to move up like that?

Originally posted by justasportsfan
Who's Donahue?

49ers GM

Bled2Hen
04-06-2004, 04:44 PM
yea it is, i think he ment Danahoe tho

Jeff1220
04-06-2004, 08:57 PM
It would be interesting, but this is all crazy talk imo.

The Quebecer
04-06-2004, 09:18 PM
According to the "Trade Value Chart":
#3 = 2200 (ARI)
#13 (1150) + #74 (225) + #109 (78) = 1453 (BUF)

So if it is true, "value-wyse", it would be a steal for the Bills

As for more realistic partners:
#9 = 1400 (JAC)
#8 = 1500 (ATL)
#7 = 1600 (CLE)

Something is definitely brewing...

Later,
Pat

One Bills Drive
04-06-2004, 09:45 PM
I rarely get involved in rumors such as these, but I felt it was a moral imperative to let you all know that if I were able to strike a deal for the 3rd pick in this year's draft, it would most certainly not be Winslow.

No offense, Kellen.

Sincerely,

TD

The Spaz
04-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by One Bills Drive
I rarely get involved in rumors such as these, but I felt it was a moral imperative to let you all know that if I were able to strike a deal for the 3rd pick in this year's draft, it would most certainly not be Winslow.

No offense, Kellen.

Sincerely,

TD

I knew it. Thanks TD for the reassurance!:up::beer:

Forward_Lateral
04-07-2004, 10:26 AM
If the Bills get a top 5 pick, I'd prefer to see them draft a guy like Taylor or Fitzgerald if he's still available, Taylor is probably going to be the best player out of this draft, IMO.

BigZ
04-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

Agreed, although I can see them giving up one to move up to get Big Ben, not Winslow though.

ryjam282
04-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by zielinski

Agreed, although I can see them giving up one to move up to get Big Ben, not Winslow though.

I agree, but I don't think we have to move up that far for a great QB. Rivers will be available as far as #11. We just have to move up above the Steelers and get Rivers, he is the one we need.

Novacane
04-08-2004, 07:31 AM
This guy is smokin ganga.

So the three trades I feel have the best chance as of today of actually occurring are as follows;
New Orleans trade #18 #48 #150 and a 2005 2nd rnd pick to San Diego for #1 overall to select Eli Manning.
Buffalo trades #13, #74, and #109 to Arizona for #3 overall to select Kellen Winslow.
Jacksonville trades #9 & # 70 and #249 to Detroit for #6 overall to select Larry Fitzgerald.

This guy is no insider! EE is absolutey right..........this guy is smokin something.

BuffaloRanger
04-08-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by smack541
Even though I think Bledsoe will rebound next year, what if he doesn’t. Then we would be screwed at the QB position and have to wait till next year to draft a QB out of a lesser talented group. I’m scared to sacrifice anymore picks though in a loaded draft. Dont forget that maybe Henry might be on the block.

If Bledsoe doesn't rebound and we don't have a decent back-up, we'll have a Top 10 pick next year. A Qb could be had there.

Also, There's always FA next year and draft day trades for a QB (Ramsey may be available - just as an example).

So all is not lost if we don't get the QB of the future in the draft.

Tatonka
04-08-2004, 08:32 AM
THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

we must get a qb this year.

:D

Mr. Cynical
04-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger

If Bledsoe doesn't rebound and we don't have a decent back-up, we'll have a Top 10 pick next year. A Qb could be had there.

Also, There's always FA next year and draft day trades for a QB (Ramsey may be available - just as an example).

So all is not lost if we don't get the QB of the future in the draft.

The thing is, if we don't get a QB this year in the draft, we lose a year in the rebuilding of the offense IMO. The problem with that is our D is hitting their prime, both in age and in contract status. If we wait until next year to draft a QB, that really means we won't have a "star" starting QB until 4 seasons from now, assume it takes 3 years to ramp to full potential. (rookie year on the bench; 2nd year he starts but takes his lumps; 3rd year he starts and shows a comfort level). At that point alot of contracts will be on the table and/or players age will catch up to them. I know this is a problem for all teams, i.e., trying to "time" draftees with vets, so it's nothing unique to the Bills.

Still, I really want them to grab a Rivers or Ben this year and I'd support a blockbuster trade to get it done (e.g., our #13 and maybe our 1st next year). The thought of having only Blew and a scrub #2 this year is too depressing to think about.