It seems like most people only want to draft……

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

It seems like most people only want to draft……

…..a skill position player! The only talk I hear is for one of the QB’s, WR’s or Winslow! But most games are won in the trenches. The teams with the best O and D lines almost always win! One of the biggest weaknesses on this team is DE!

I’ve got to think that this team has to go DE as long as Smith or Udeze are there!
    Resign our own guys!
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I 'm patient. I will wait to see what is on the board when we hit 13.

I'd take in the following order-

Big Ben (aint gonna be there)
    Roy Williams (ditto)
    Harris (DT, can play DE)
    Udeze (DE)
    and Willl smith (DE) and Shaun Andrews (OT) are next
    Vince Willfork (DT)

I'll take those two skill position guys if they are there just because they are just to good to pass up.

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
      I 'm patient. I will wait to see what is on the board when we hit 13.

I'd take in the following order-

Big Ben (aint gonna be there)
      Roy Williams (ditto)
      Harris (DT, can play DE)
      Udeze (DE)
      and Willl smith (DE) and Shaun Andrews (OT) are next
      Vince Willfork (DT)

I'll take those two skill position guys if they are there just because they are just to good to pass up.

I like your list but I think I'd put Udeze over Harris. That being said, I don't know much about Harris! I only say Udeze because we're set at DT for some time now, And if we're going to go DE, I want a guy who's played DE and is knows the position. Maybe that's the case with Harris. Plus they say Udeze is a DE who could play DT, And I love his size, big, tall and fast, I can just see him blowing by tackles every game. I get excited just thinking about it. A player like that could be a star on your D-line for 12 years
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

I want to draft someone who can contribute right away. "Impact" player or not.

I don't want to go QB in the first round.

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
          I want to draft someone who can contribute right away. "Impact" player or not.

I don't want to go QB in the first round.

That's what I'm thinking! We did that last year and that's fine and all, but we could use the help right now. I don't think we have a ton of needs, DE, #2 or 3 WR, a back-up QB and maybe a TE.

Plus a 1st round QB is going to cost a fortune!
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• TKO
            • Dec 2003

Just curious, how does Udeze & Smith compare to Erik Flowers?

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

Flowers was a project taken at I think 23! he had one good year and impressed at the combine. Butler said he was a project from day one!
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

TD will go offence, and will take/trade up for QB/WR/TE

End of.

We all know it, and while we all have wishful thinking as to who we want/like its just that....wishful thinking.
                http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• TKO
                  • Dec 2003

Doesn't take himself out of plays by getting too far upfield. Never stops hustling. Is disciplined, but will pursue from backside once responsibility is established. Good speed in pursuit. Has excellent closing burst. Powerful tackler who breaks down and makes fundamental tackles in open field. Forces fumbles. Udeze is an early entry, but he was a three-year starter. In his final two seasons at USC, he combined for 24 sacks and 11 forced fumbles. Udeze had arthroscopic surgery to remove torn cartilage from a knee after the 2002 season, continues to improve and has not missed a game because of injury. He has terrific size and could play tackle on passing downs because his initial quickness would overmatch most guards.

The more I read about Udeze the more I like him, but I still don't think he's gonna be there at 13.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TKO

The more I read about Udeze the more I like him, but I still don't think he's gonna be there at 13.

That is a worry! I'd love to get him, but it may not be possible.
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin

End of.

We all know it, and while we all have wishful thinking as to who we want/like its just that....wishful thinking.

I don't think so, I haven't heard TD say anything! Who knows what he has planned?
                      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• McBFLO
                        • Mar 2003

They're not going DE in the 1st round. They're still not giving up on Denney, and Kelsay barely played last year. They're going to give him a chance before the use ANOTHER high pick on a DE. I'm thinking they're going either QB or WR in the 1st.
                        Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

Denney seems to me to be backup material. The jury is still out on Kelsay, but our idiot previous coaching staff had a problem with trying anybody. McKenzie looked good in the preseason and he barely sniffed the field all year. Plus, with Schobel in the last year of his contract and the fact that we might not be able to resign him, it wouldn't be a bad move IMO to take a DE in the first round. We have only drafted one DE in the draft since 85. Flowers didn't work out but the guy we got in 85 was pretty good.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

My list:
                            Big Ben
                            Mike or Roy Williams
                            Tommie Harris
                            Will Smith
                            Udeze
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                              I like your list but I think I'd put Udeze over Harris. That being said, I don't know much about Harris! I only say Udeze because we're set at DT for some time now, And if we're going to go DE, I want a guy who's played DE and is knows the position. Maybe that's the case with Harris. Plus they say Udeze is a DE who could play DT, And I love his size, big, tall and fast, I can just see him blowing by tackles every game. I get excited just thinking about it. A player like that could be a star on your D-line for 12 years
                              if harris was a full time DE, he may have put up better numbers than both top DEs. if you want to know more about him, read my draft guide on the front page. he is number one on my list.. with rivers a close 2. i didnt include big ben, because everyone would have said there is no way he falls that far.

Originally posted by Devin

End of.

we have seen TDs philosopy about drafting.. he will take the best avialable.. that could easily be offense or defense.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X