PDA

View Full Version : Mike or Roy

buffmaniac
04-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Just for fun. Lets say you had your choice between Roy Williams or Mike Williams. They seem very similar to me. Which one is better? Which one would you take?

Tatonka
04-06-2004, 10:30 AM
neither.. because they wont make an impact for 2 more years. :snicker:

Canadian'eh!
04-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Roy.... i don't want Keyshawn 2

Jan Reimers
04-06-2004, 10:40 AM
Roy - seems to have more speed. Mike may be more of a possession guy, which we already have in Reed, Shaw, and Aiken.

ShadowHawk7
04-06-2004, 10:43 AM
I don;t know too much about mike, but just hearing Roy compared to Moulds makes me want him instead. But I'm against taking a WR in the first.

chernobylwraiths
04-06-2004, 10:52 AM
I say Mike. Added height will help to get those jump balls. Should be able to come down with any ball over the smaller CBs.

HAMMER
04-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Roy, has the effect of the loss of PP's speed on our offense been lost on all of you?

ryjam282
04-06-2004, 12:15 PM
No WR in the first round. They will not make an impact for at least a few years......I would go with Mike though if they were avaialbe in the 2nd though.

The Spaz
04-06-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
No WR in the first round. They will not make an impact for at least a few years......I would go with Mike though if they were avaialbe in the 2nd though.

While that is true sometimes it's not always the case.

DraftBoy
04-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Anquan Boldin, Randy Moss, Santana Moss, Charlie Rogers all made major impacts within their first two years if not in thier first year and those are just names off the top of my head. Like Spaz says some WR dont take that much development time.

The Spaz
04-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Anquan Boldin, Randy Moss, Santana Moss, Charlie Rogers all made major impacts within their first two years if not in thier first year and those are just names off the top of my head. Like Spaz says some WR dont take that much development time.

Andre Johnson too.:up:

STAMPY
04-06-2004, 12:22 PM
THrow in that WR on texans i forgot his name

STAMPY
04-06-2004, 12:24 PM
mike williams is better then roy williams but roy fits are needs better due to his speed

Devin
04-06-2004, 01:20 PM

FEW and FAR between.

And while they made an impact by having solid years, the impact wasnt felt much until a season or two later.

WR take time period. And while we need one, dont say "take someone who can make an impact this year" and select a WR....aint happening. Just dont base that as your argument.

Anyway that being said...Roy.

jaja54
04-06-2004, 01:28 PM

Santana Moss was hurt and had only a total of 40 yards receiving in 5 games.... NOT a major impact his first year. He only had 433 yards receiving his second year... I wouldn't call that a major impact.

cordog
04-06-2004, 01:41 PM
There arent too many 1st rounders that come in and make an impact right away. I will go out on the ledge and say that any DE or QB we would get in the first round wont make an impact this year either.

mypoorfriendme
04-06-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by cordog
There arent too many 1st rounders that come in and make an impact right away. I will go out on the ledge and say that any DE or QB we would get in the first round wont make an impact this year either.

exactly...a QB wont even see the field and a DE might get some rotations, but it will be deep because we already have denney kelsay and mckenzie. atleast with a WR we are pretty much gurenteed he will put up maybe 40 catches or so where as with a DE, hell have like 5 sacks at best

Canadian'eh!
04-06-2004, 02:46 PM
interesting replies here....

so what some of you are saying is that we should not take a WR because it takes (normally) 2-3 years to have an impact.

I assume many of you are all for drafting a QB though. who also take 2-3 years to amke an impact.

another point is that Moulds will not last forever so if we were to get a #1 Wr out of this draft in 4-5 years when moulds starts delining we would already have a number 1 ready to go.

Also, you need 2 Wr's as i remember so why not get a potentially great one while we have the chance?

Hounds
04-06-2004, 03:29 PM
I have been saying for months Roy Williams.

He is fantastic guy off the field and on the field. In my conversations with Roy he has always been very nice. Last year they has him on a local station doing an interview and after it was over he made funny faces into the camera while the reporter was saying goodbye. Last year Roy came to where I work and my boss asked him his name. He said Roy Williams and my boss told me you know their is a big name football player with that name from this area. Roy and I just laughed at my boss as Roy told him I think you may be talking about me.

But his speed and skill on the field are amazing he has been a dominate force in many big games and bowl games for Texas and he would be a major asset for the Bills. However, I think his workout numbers have been so amazing that he will be picked by someone much earlier then the Bills 13th pick.

But I think I may just be holding my breath that a player from this somewhat small town in Texas would actually become a player on the team I have always loved. So my opinion on this is way to biased to be a judge on which wide receiver is better especailly snce I dont know very much on Mike Williams other then he is very talented and should be a star in the NFL.

The Spaz
04-06-2004, 03:31 PM
Welcome to the Zone hounds and thanks for the info.:up:

Felser's Ghost
04-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Mike Williams... Period.

elltrain22
04-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Mike Williams, but I really like Roy Williams too. MW is just the better guy, bottom line.

tampabay25690
04-06-2004, 11:24 PM
I think Tatonka is wrong

I think that these guys can make an impact right away, I think Roy Williams will be better then any other WR in this draft......

So my answer is Roy!!

Devin
04-07-2004, 12:11 AM
yeah whats T know anyway, just going by factual information.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-07-2004, 01:18 AM
Roy hands down hes is a proven player.