PDA

View Full Version : AFC East Draft Preview...

Ickybaluky
04-06-2004, 04:14 PM
From Jay Glazer of CBS Sportsline. Pretty , quick, good read:

Glazer (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7236258)

Ickybaluky
04-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Incidently, the story about Haslett and Donohoe's phone conversation from last year's draft is both interesting and reliable information. Last year, Glazer wrote a 2-part series after the draft about how the draft process works from an insiders perspective. Haslett allowed him inside the New Orleans draft room, and he wrote first-hand about the experiences.

Thus, his relating the story about the conversion between Haslett and Donohoe is accurate, because he was there to experience it first hand.

TigerJ
04-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Good find, but aren't you motivated to share it here on a Bills board just a little bit by the fact that Glazer gushes about how good NE's GM has been? LOL

B-DON
04-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Offensive-minded Mike Mularkey was brought in to reinvigorate the NFL's 30th-ranked offense yet it is Donahoe's time to step up and shine, or feel the wrath of the Buffalo faithful. Since joining the Bills as president, Donahoe's teams have gone 17-31, testing the patience of one of the most loyal fan bases in football.

best fans ever baby

Ickybaluky
04-07-2004, 06:20 AM
I thought it would be interesting to Bills' fans, especially the part that shows how sure Donohoe was about taking McGahee.

There are plenty of articles I could post that would gush about the Patriots' front office (they did just win the Super Bowl). However, if you go back a year all the talk would have been about how Tampa Bay was set up to be a dynasty.

Is the fact I am a Pats fan mean anything I post will be suspect? That could get old.

Earthquake Enyart
04-07-2004, 07:39 AM
Boy were the Jets and fish stupid for trading their second rounders this year. :snicker:

lordofgun
04-07-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by NE39
I thought it would be interesting to Bills' fans, especially the part that shows how sure Donohoe was about taking McGahee.

There are plenty of articles I could post that would gush about the Patriots' front office (they did just win the Super Bowl). However, if you go back a year all the talk would have been about how Tampa Bay was set up to be a dynasty.

Is the fact I am a Pats fan mean anything I post will be suspect? That could get old.

I'm pretty sure he was just joking, thus the "LOL" at the end of his statement. :)

BigZ
04-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Nice find, though. Thanks NE39.

TigerJ
04-07-2004, 11:34 AM
LOG's right, NE39. I'm just giving you a hard time. I do appreciate the find. You always have something positive to contribute to discussions here and I appreciate it.

ryjam282
04-07-2004, 11:56 AM
Finally, maybe now some people will stop saying WR in the first. If Jay Glazer said it, maybe now some will believe it....

This draft's receiver depth fits perfectly. They should be able to find their No. 2 receiver early on the first day. The could grab a quarterback or one of the best defensive end prospects in the first round and still land a potential wideout stud in the second. Or, they could chose one of the draft's elite receivers in the first and take a gamble with their other needs later in the first day.

A gamble if a WR is taken in the first...Thanks Jay.

madness
04-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Great post! Thanks NE39.

Ickybaluky
04-07-2004, 01:12 PM
Sorry, TigerJ. Just cranky.