PDA

View Full Version : How about Drew Brees?

Mr. Miyagi
04-07-2004, 01:52 AM
SD will pick Eli and cut Brees. He should come veeeeery cheap.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-07-2004, 02:08 AM
yeah but he sucks

Pride
04-07-2004, 06:50 AM
It wouldnt be the FIRST time that a #1 pick hasnt panned out for his first team, but did for his second... bring him into camp... let him fight for #2. As with everyone we have mentioned, he should want to do it with Buffalo, since he MAY have the opportunity to start next year.

cordog
04-07-2004, 06:58 AM
id take im only if he wipes that s*** of the side of his face

DraftBoy
04-07-2004, 08:37 AM
Id bring him in most definetely

Jan Reimers
04-07-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Id bring him in most definetely

I assume as an inexpensive backup, not our QB of the future.

Valerie
04-07-2004, 08:48 AM
Jan, I LOVE your title!!! I am all for adopting Greyhounds. They've had such a bad life and then they're thrown away like garbage. Do you own a greyhound? I've heard they make wonderful pets. Very friendly, loving and loyal.

BTW, regarding Drew Brees, I would take him as a back-up. But, why is San Diego getting rid of him?

Mr. Miyagi
04-07-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by cordog
:lol:

Jan Reimers
04-07-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Valerie
Jan, I LOVE your title!!! I am all for adopting Greyhounds. They've had such a bad life and then they're thrown away like garbage. Do you own a greyhound? I've heard they make wonderful pets. Very friendly, loving and loyal.

Valerie - We currently have 3 adopted Greyhounds, and have lost 3 through the years. They are loving, affectionate, docile and gentle, the best dogs we have ever had. You should get one - or more!

DraftBoy
04-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by cordog

Dude that aint right, but its still funny though

DraftBoy
04-07-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

I assume as an inexpensive backup, not our QB of the future.

Hell if he can do the job right why not as our future QB. Take Smoker or a bigger project with a late round pick and sign Brees. See what he can do. I dont think hes the next Ryan Leif I honestly think he could be a good QB. San Diego is just a horrible team with no WR's.

Jan Reimers
04-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Brees lacks both the arm strength and the leadership ability to be a really good QB.

Dantheman1280
04-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Brees is Ok, but i think he is Drew Bledsoe in the sense that virtually everthing has to be right for him to excel. Now am I saying Drew or Drew (lol) can't excel: NO, I am saying they need a very strong supporting cast.

BigZ
04-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Brees won't be cut. SD might try to trade him or else keep him as #2.

On the off-chance he is cut, we should consider only if he comes cheap. We're better off with a rookie with no baggage and no bad habits in the big leagues.

MTBillsFan
04-07-2004, 12:07 PM
I think it he'd be a good addition to the team. Plus, he's a backup who has starting experience. If he had to, he might be able to come in and win a game off the bench.
GO BILLS

Mr. Miyagi
04-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by MTBillsFan
I think it he'd be a good addition to the team. Plus, he's a backup who has starting experience. If he had to, he might be able to come in and win a game off the bench.
GO BILLS
Agreed. No one says he's gonna be our QB of the future. All we need is for him to ride the bench for a while and play a couple of games for us if necessary.

Stay healthy Drew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryjam282
04-07-2004, 12:17 PM
I would not like Brees in here. He has no arm strength, can't read D's very well, and has struggled since being in the league. There is nothing that shows he can make it in this league....Not to mention a 41 year old QB has out-played him every chance he has gotten...We need to bring Flutie back, anyone remember the last time we had a playoff season....DOUG WAS OUR GUY!!! He was the winner.

DraftBoy
04-07-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Brees lacks both the arm strength and the leadership ability to be a really good QB.

Same was said of Brady before he got a shot with a decent team. He had relative good leadership abilities at Purdue I see no reason why that wouldnt transfer here. I think he could be succesful with a good character team something SD is not especially when your top WR (Boston) has more off the field problems than touchdown catches.

Mr. Cynical
04-07-2004, 03:12 PM
No more Drews!!!!!!!!!

:nosign:

Earthquake Enyart
04-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Same was said of Brady before he got a shot with a decent team. He had relative good leadership abilities at Purdue I see no reason why that wouldnt transfer here. I think he could be succesful with a good character team something SD is not especially when your top WR (Boston) has more off the field problems than touchdown catches.

Dink and dunk passer. Would definately have to run a WCO with him. Too short and too weak an arm to be an effective dropback passer.

Plus he was a 2nd round pick, not a first.

takioownsu
04-07-2004, 03:31 PM
if we can pick him up for the right price then why not

thefixer74
04-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by zielinski
Brees won't be cut. SD might try to trade him or else keep him as #2.

On the off-chance he is cut, we should consider only if he comes cheap. We're better off with a rookie with no baggage and no bad habits in the big leagues.

SD will prob cut Flutie before they cut Brees,IMHO but I could be wrong.