Eagles- LB Michael Boulware
Colts- DT Terry Johnson
Saints- DT Marcus Tubbs
Chiefs- CB Derrick Strait
Panthers- CB Joey Thomas
Patriots- S Robert Sanders

Earthquake Enyart
04-07-2004, 07:31 AM
If Grove is still there for us in round 2, I don't see us passing him up.

Tatonka
04-07-2004, 07:34 AM
jonnie morant and pk sam in the second round??????

and derrick straight falls to the bottom of the second???

if we passed on grove, i would ****

if we didnt move back up to get derrick straight, i would ****.. we dont need a cb that bad.. but straight is a talented talented kid... he is gonna be a very good pro cb.. you gotta take him if he falls that far.

Jan Reimers
04-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Morant is one of those talented underachievers who could go either way in the NFL.

Tatonka
04-07-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Morant is one of those talented underachievers who could go either way in the NFL.

yeah.. but he is without question a second day pick.. no way he is a second rounder.. unless the dolphins are on the clock.

The Spaz
04-07-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

yeah.. but he is without question a second day pick.. no way he is a second rounder.. unless the dolphins are on the clock.

When did the Dallas Cowboys select Quincy Carter?:snicker:

Jan Reimers
04-07-2004, 08:58 AM

I agree. Fourth rounder at best.

Michael82
04-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Man, no wonder everyone trashes Mel Kiper! He is such a moron! When is ESPN going to finally get someone who knows what they are talking about? :snicker:

The Spaz
04-07-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Man, no wonder everyone trashes Mel Kiper! He is such a moron! When is ESPN going to finally get someone who knows what they are talking about? :snicker:

Well if he sucked that bad he wouldn't have lasted 15-20 years....lol:up:

Michael82
04-07-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Well if he sucked that bad he wouldn't have lasted 15-20 years....lol:up:

You'd do a much better job than him. Maybe you should take over for him..... :snicker:

Dantheman1280
04-07-2004, 10:30 AM
If grove is still there and we are stupid enough to pass on him i will seriously be pissed. He is a good player and we need a center. Also if Kiper Think Straight will fall that far he is a compelte ****head

Michael82
04-07-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280
If grove is still there and we are stupid enough to pass on him i will seriously be pissed. He is a good player and we need a center. Also if Kiper Think Straight will fall that far he is a compelte ****head

You and me both...let's see we pass on Tommie Harris, and Reggie Williams for Phillip Rivers and then we pass on Jake Grove for Justin Smiley!??! :shakeno: :mad:

Dantheman1280
04-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Yep its official Kiper is a complete idiot, either that or if we do draft the people he says than TD is the idiot!

Michael82
04-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Yep its official Kiper is a complete idiot, either that or if we do draft the people he says than TD is the idiot!

EXACTLY!

The Spaz
04-07-2004, 10:41 AM
Lol yeah people never fall down on draft boards do they.:rofl:

Dantheman1280
04-07-2004, 10:41 AM
(mikey)I know you hate Rivers like me, so who would you draft at qb?

Dantheman1280
04-07-2004, 10:45 AM
Spaz i know people fall down on draft boards, but derrick straight as a late second rounder. Are you ****ting me?

The Spaz
04-07-2004, 10:46 AM
Spaz i know people fall down on draft boards, but derrick straight as a late second rounder. Are you ****ting me?

You just said it, it happens. Last year Jason Witten was supposed to be a 1st rounder and some had us taking him and he slipped to the 3rd.

Dantheman1280
04-07-2004, 11:03 AM
That is a very good example, but a corner is more of an impact player on MOST teams and a TE is a role player. This is not true for all teams, but the most part corners are usually a higher priority.

The Spaz
04-07-2004, 11:06 AM
That is a very good example, but a corner is more of an impact player on MOST teams and a TE is a role player. This is not true for all teams, but the most part corners are usually a higher priority.

How many CB's do you have going in the 1st round?

ryjam282
04-07-2004, 11:11 AM
No way in hell Vernon Carey falls to the 2nd round...Nice try Mel, terrible once again.

BigZ
04-07-2004, 11:11 AM
We wouldn't take Smiley. We'd take either Grove (the guy I'd like to see wearing a Bills uniform) or Losman.

Michael82
04-07-2004, 11:13 AM
(mikey)I know you hate Rivers like me, so who would you draft at qb?

I don't HATE Rivers...I actually like him and would LOVE him as a Bill if they picked him in the 2nd round, but he won't be there, so oh well. I do really like JP Losman in the 2nd or Josh Harris on the 2nd day.

Tatonka
04-07-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Lol yeah people never fall down on draft boards do they.:rofl:

i dont have any issues with who kiper has slipping per say.. i have issues with who he has the bills passing up to draft guys like smiley.

The Spaz
04-07-2004, 11:20 AM

i dont have any issues with who kiper has slipping per say.. i have issues with who he has the bills passing up to draft guys like smiley.

I agree with that I would definitely rather have Grove for sure.

chernobylwraiths
04-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
If Grove is still there for us in round 2, I don't see us passing him up.

You and me both...let's see we pass on Tommie Harris, and Reggie Williams for Phillip Rivers and then we pass on Jake Grove for Justin Smiley!??! :shakeno: :mad:

Getting Rivers and passing on Grove, would tick me off as well. What the hell, why not just pick a running back in the third while we're at it?

chernobylwraiths
04-07-2004, 12:56 PM
I don't HATE Rivers...I actually like him and would LOVE him as a Bill if they picked him in the 2nd round, but he won't be there, so oh well. I do really like JP Losman in the 2nd or Josh Harris on the 2nd day.

Sounds just about right to me.

takioownsu
04-07-2004, 03:36 PM

eyedog
04-07-2004, 03:45 PM
This " Straight " guy everyone is yelling about is actually spelled Strait.
You know like everyone spelling Reuben instead of how it's really spelled Ruben.
BTW how many here have even seen Strait play ?