PDA

View Full Version : Bills Daily Bills 7 rd results

Devin
04-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Dont know if its been posted but:

1-11 ( #11 overall) DE Will Smith - Ohio State The name “Smith’ looks good on the back of a Bills Defensive End’s Jersey. If Smith is already gone by the time the Bills pick, how about DE Kenechi Udeze, WR’s Roy or Reggie Williams, or QB Philip Rivers. One of those guys will be available at 13; any of them would help the Bills.

2-11 ( #43 overall) WR Michael Jenkins - Ohio State Assuming we get one of the DE’s in round 1 and Jenkins is still on the board he could step in and start opposite Moulds, allowing Josh Reed to move to the slot with Shaw providing depth as the 4th receiver. If Jenkins is gone the Bills can look at Matt Schaub as the QB of the future.

3-11 ( #74 overall) TE Jason Peters - Arkansas A 330 pound blocking tight end should open up some hole to run the ball. If Peters is gone we could try John Navarre as our QB of the future.

4-13 (#109 overall) FB Mike Karney - Arizona State A classic blocking fullback to replace Sam Gash. If Karney is gone maybe FB Travis Wilson from Kansas State.

5-12 (#144 overall) DT Junior Siavii - Oregon Some depth for the defensive line to give Pat Williams and Sam Adams a break. Tim Anderson of Ohio State could be a second choice if Siavii is off the board.

7-6 (#207 overall) WR/KR Derek Abney - Kentucky Some competition for Antonio Brown on punt and kick off returns. If Abney is gone maybe WR Drew Carter from Ohio State.

7-13 (#214 overall) CB Shawntae Spencer - Pittsburgh Depth for the future, practice squad in 2004. Another QB who might be worth a look is Craig Krenzel.

DraftBoy
04-07-2004, 10:30 AM
NO QB?!!!??!?!?!?!?!!? WTF? and why the hell would we want Navarre or Schaub as our QB of the future they suck!

Mr. Miyagi
04-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Devin
5-12 (#144 overall) DT Junior Siavii - Oregon Some depth for the defensive line to give Pat Williams and Sam Adams a break. Tim Anderson of Ohio State could be a second choice if Siavii is off the board.
I don't want anybody named "Junior" on the Bills. :mad:

The Spaz
04-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Good jober overall except we didn't get a QB and I think you could have gotten Peters in the 4th or 5th. I am really happy though that you we're able to grab both Peters and Karney. Also that Shawntae Spencer pick in the 7th is an absolute steal especially concidering he is probably now going to go in the first day of the draft.I would also take Tim Anderson before Siavii.

Michael82
04-07-2004, 10:38 AM
7-13 (#214 overall) CB Shawntae Spencer - Pittsburgh Depth for the future, practice squad in 2004. Another QB who might be worth a look is Craig Krenzel.

That is INSANE! I see him going up in the draft, as high as the end of the 2nd round or the beginning of the 3rd. There is NO WAY in hell that he would be there in round 7.

Devin
04-07-2004, 10:42 AM
dont know if its clear or not but this isnt my draft, you know I got Rivers at #1.

this is www.billsdaily.com 's draft.

Jan Reimers
04-07-2004, 11:03 AM
I don't particularly like Jenkins in the 2nd round - he is said by some to have an attitude problem. I'd rather have a faster, harder worker like Devrey Henrerson, even though he may not be quite as accomplished at this point as Jenkins.

Tatonka
04-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I don't particularly like Jenkins in the 2nd round - he is said by some to have an attitude problem. I'd rather have a faster, harder worker like Devrey Henrerson, even though he may not be quite as accomplished at this point as Jenkins.

jenkins doesnt have any attitude issues.. and he ran a 4.36... plus he is alot taller and more athletic than the all track star devery henderson.. henderson is a faster josh reed.. convert from rb.

Tatonka
04-07-2004, 11:16 AM
mel kiper has that spencer kid listed as a 7th rounder, going in the first round.

ryjam282
04-07-2004, 11:19 AM
I would be very ecstatic if we got Karney and Peters as well. Talk about smash mouth, those two are bruising blockers.

TigerJ
04-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Ben Hartsock, Ohio State is a viable alternative to Jason Peters. He is also supposed to be a great blocker. He's not 320 lbs, but 265 and 6'6" is pretty big. He also has excellent hands and decent speed. Peters is fast for a tackle, but only average for a TE at around 4.85. Hartsock has been timed at 4.73.

Devin
04-07-2004, 03:26 PM
I love that FB out of Kansas St in the 5th or even 7th name escapes me but man is he a brusier him and Peters....phew!

The Spaz
04-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Devin
I love that FB out of Kansas St in the 5th or even 7th name escapes me but man is he a brusier him and Peters....phew!

I wouldn't mind Travis Wilson but would like Mike Karney more he has that classic no neck that FB's must have.:up:

Devin
04-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Ah cool was as versed on FB's this year. But If we managed one of them and Peters....jeeez with our backfield and hopefully improved line.

Ouch.

Canadian'eh!
04-07-2004, 05:51 PM
I have to agree that the lack of ANY QB is comletely insane. there is no way TD comes out of this draft without a QB at SOME point. Also, there is no reference to Lee Evans in the 2nd round, which i would prefer greatly to Jenkins if he was available.

Devin
04-07-2004, 07:03 PM
most MD have Lee Evnas making it into the 1st, with a few others very very very early 2nd, he wont reach us in 2nd. If we want him wed have to tarde up. Which id like hes very very fast.