PDA

View Full Version : The most overrated in the draft

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-07-2004, 12:26 PM
I think this should be fun. Everyone here has their opinion on the draft prospects. Lets put down who everyone thinks is overrated.

My list:
1. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Pitt - I am not saying that he isn't a very good receiver, but he isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread.
2. Phillip Rivers, QB, NC State - I know the kid is a winner, so was a lot of QBs that failed in the NFL. I am not sure where all the hype came from Rivers. He was projected as nothing more than a 3rd rounder at best last fall and now he is being labelled as one of the best QBs in the draft? By the way Drew Henson will be a better pro than Rivers, you heard it here first. I do like a lot of his intangibles except for the phyisical ones, which may be all he needs and if that's who the Bills go with then I will get my Rivers jersey.
3. Rashaun Woods, WR, Okl. St - I don't think Woods has the speed or the physical traits needed to be more than a #3.

The Spaz
04-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Jonathon Vilma
D.J. Williams
Chris Gamble

willis_mchenry
04-07-2004, 12:55 PM
How about Will Smith?

chernobylwraiths
04-07-2004, 12:58 PM
I say Rivers.

tampabay25690
04-07-2004, 12:58 PM
My #1 overrated is also Larry Fitzgerald

DraftBoy
04-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Ben Watson-stocking booming due to workouts
Dj Williams
Matt Shaub
John Navarre

STAMPY
04-07-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
I say Rivers.

AGREED!!! This guys a good QB but no way worthy of the push up he got. Especially the crazy folks saying he's worth more then BEN.

He's a 2nd round QB, At 13 way OVER RATED in my humble opinion, that release scares the crap outta me too

Tatonka
04-07-2004, 01:12 PM
rivers was considered a late first day pick because of his mechanics.. scouts have worked him out and determined it is not an issue. henson couldnt hold rivers jock as far as performance.. henson just has great phyical skills.. but is not a winner.. has never been a winner.. and only played 4 good college games in his entire career.. there were also alot of great athletes that didnt do crap as qbs in the nfl.

rivers will own henson.. you heard it here first. :D although we wont even see henson for a while, considering it has been so long since he played football, he probably cant remember which lineman snaps the ball.. he will be lining up behind larry allen. :snicker:

wow.. looking at your list ghost.. i couldnt disagree more with any of them.. lol. its all good though.. that is what makes it fun..

my most overrated.

eli manning
jonathan vilma
mike williams.

DraftBoy
04-07-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
rivers was considered a late first day pick because of his mechanics.. scouts have worked him out and determined it is not an issue. henson couldnt hold rivers jock as far as performance.. henson just has great phyical skills.. but is not a winner.. has never been a winner.. and only played 4 good college games in his entire career.. there were also alot of great athletes that didnt do crap as qbs in the nfl.

rivers will own henson.. you heard it here first. :D although we wont even see henson for a while, considering it has been so long since he played football, he probably cant remember which lineman snaps the ball.. he will be lining up behind larry allen. :snicker:

wow.. looking at your list ghost.. i couldnt disagree more with any of them.. lol. its all good though.. that is what makes it fun..

my most overrated.

eli manning
jonathan vilma
mike williams.

ELI IS OVERRATED!! I agree complelety. As for Mike Williams I dont think so. He will be a good WR IMO. Rivers is not overrated and Im one of his critics.

Tatonka
04-07-2004, 01:20 PM
if eli's last name wasnt manning.. ben would be the first overall pick, and rivers would be the next qb taken.

manning would be fighting with losman for then 3rd spot.

Tatonka
04-07-2004, 01:20 PM
i will reserve final judgement on mike williams till after he works out.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-07-2004, 01:21 PM
agree to disagree!!!!

Devin
04-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Rivers overrated? LOL!

Whether you love him or hate him hes certainly not a 3rd rounder.

His mechanics are a little off but they work for him, and aside from ebing perhaps the smartest football wise QB in the draft.....nm not going into stats.

Just gonna simply say I think that thats a bit much.

my 3 would be:

Eli (one manning is bound to fail)
Mike Williams (dont think he spent enough time learning)
Will Smith (to small)

Earthquake Enyart
04-07-2004, 01:27 PM
Andrews scares the crap out of me. He's got Aaron Gibson written all over him.

I'm not fond of Mike Williams either. Another Keyshawn. :down:

Tatonka
04-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Devin
Rivers overrated? LOL!

His mechanics are a little off but they work for him, and aside from ebing perhaps the smartest football wise QB in the draft.....nm not going into stats.

his mechanics also help him.. he is the most accurate qb with the fastest release out of all the qbs in the draft.. because of his release.. that is why nfl personel has decided it is best to just leave it alone..

david car has the same release.

Tatonka
04-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Andrews scares the crap out of me. He's got Aaron Gibson written all over him.

I'm not fond of Mike Williams either. Another Keyshawn. :down:

andrews scares me too.

baalworship
04-07-2004, 01:41 PM
Mike Williams- big, slow possession receiver like Keyshawn

Will Smith- Has never really dominated

Shawn Andrews- Poor pass protection skills

Last year my most overrated got taken by the Bills. Chris Kelsay...

Bulldog
04-07-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Devin
Rivers overrated? LOL!

Just gonna simply say I think that thats a bit much.

my 3 would be:

Eli (one manning is bound to fail)
Mike Williams (dont think he spent enough time learning)
Will Smith (to small)

Smith is up to 275 and still ran a 4.65 in the 40. I really don't think he is too small. I recall the same things being said about D. Freeney. If you are looking for a pure pass rusher, Smith is your man!

Earthquake Enyart
04-07-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
his mechanics also help him.. he is the most accurate qb with the fastest release out of all the qbs in the draft.. because of his release.. that is why nfl personel has decided it is best to just leave it alone..

david car has the same release.

The Texans made Carr change his motion.

Tatonka
04-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
The Texans made Carr change his motion.

and now he sucks. :snicker:

The Spaz
04-07-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog

Smith is up to 275 and still ran a 4.65 in the 40. I really don't think he is too small. I recall the same things being said about D. Freeney. If you are looking for a pure pass rusher, Smith is your man!

His 275 will come down to 260-265 in training camp. He also is not as fast as Freeney either.

BillsNick
04-07-2004, 02:13 PM
How anyone in their right mind could view Fitzgerald as being overrated is beyond me. :huh:

Devin
04-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Agreed BillsNick.

Fitz is going to be an impressive reciever hes not the fastest in the draft but thats about his only downfall. Best hands I have seen in a very long time.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-07-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by BillsNick
How anyone in their right mind could view Fitzgerald as being overrated is beyond me. :huh:

Don't confuse overrated with not being good. I seen Fitzgerald play a couple times and one was against Miami. He had like three catches. Miami completely shut him down.

Devin
04-07-2004, 02:48 PM
happens to the best of em.

The Spaz
04-07-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly

Don't confuse overrated with not being good. I seen Fitzgerald play a couple times and one was against Miami. He had like three catches. Miami completely shut him down.

He did have a TD though didn't he?

Bmax
04-07-2004, 02:57 PM
Smith has dominated .. did any of you see the 2003 fiesta bowl against miami......OR ANY GAMES OHIO ST PLAYED LAST SEASON .. the purdue game omes to mind when smith blows around his man to force a fumble that lead to a ohio st touchdown.

Eli manning overated are you nuts....he to me is a better player than carr and palmer when they came out. Manning will be a star in the nfl... Not only does he have the skills but he is a major student of the game.

Overated players.

1. phillip rivers- not a 1st rounder but a second rd player.

2. mike williams -big but does he have the speed to big a top 10 pick...work habits are in question. despite recent weight lost. down to 229.

3.vince wilfork- at one time this guy was a top 3 to 5 pick but his lack of stanima or excessive girth and tendecy to take downs off has cost him.....Could he be the second coming of warren sapp or william joseph(whowas a huge disappointment with the giants last season..

Underrated

1. rashun woods- all has has done is make big plays through out his career....eric moulds type who knows how to fight for and catch the football.. his recent 4.4 -40 time should help...may end up being a better player than all 3 williams wr's.-

2.Matt shaub- some rate him as a 5-6 rd pick others say his is a second rounder....big strong arm and accurate...slow feet and lack of mobility keep him rated lower than others. could be bills choice in rd 3 or 4......

3. will poole-4.53-40 keeps him out of rd one ...every time i watched this kid he was making plays all over the field. sacks int...run support ..reminds me of winfield... at least in the wayhe hits....one difference is he's taller 5-10.5 and he makes the int...
Bills could grab him in rd 2...

lordofgun
04-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Eli Manning is not overrated.

Roy Williams is.

Jan Reimers
04-07-2004, 03:01 PM
DeAngelo Hall - can't cover.
Kevin Jones - poor instincts.
Jake Grove - bad techniques.
Ernest Wilford - too slow.
Keith Willis - went to VA Tech.

Just kidding about all your boys, T.

Tatonka
04-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by BillsNick

they didnt watch him play that much.

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
DeAngelo Hall - can't cover.
Kevin Jones - poor instincts.
Jake Grove - bad techniques.
Ernest Wilford - too slow.
Keith Willis - went to VA Tech.

Just kidding about all your boys, T.

wow... i was warming my hands up to type a 4 page thesis..

hall cant cover though.. someone is going to find out that they just got them selves a good put returner with their first round pick. he is gonna get eaten up i believe.. but i hope i am wrong.

wilford is too slow.. i hated him ever since he dropped the 2pt convertion against miami to tie the game a few years ago.

the rest are sweet.

eyedog
04-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Vilma
W. Smith
Rivers

I don't even count Schaub because I don't see him being anything more than a career backup.

Canadian'eh!
04-07-2004, 05:49 PM
MIke Williams by a mile. *cough*Keyshawn*cough*

BillsNick
04-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly

He may have had "like" three catches, but how was the defensive pressure on his QB? Was the running game clicking? I'm sure Eric Moulds and Randy Moss have both had three catch games. Fitzgerald is by no means underrated. He's rated accurately. :D

BillsMan80
04-07-2004, 10:39 PM
1. Kenechi Udeze
2. Will Smith
3. Vince Wilfork
4. Shawn Andrews