PDA

View Full Version : Fanball 1st Round Mock Draft

The Spaz
04-07-2004, 02:13 PM
The NFL Draft is a little over two weeks away (April 24-25), and the rumor winds are shifting with every individual workout, player visit, and potentially trade scenario. As always, the Fanball staff is on top of the reports, and we're incorporating the latest buzz into our NFL mock draft.

This week, we stepped outside the usual restrictions and engineered a couple of trades based on recent rumors The Cleveland Browns persuaded the Oakland Raiders to leave their perch at the second spot, and the two squads swapped spots. The Houston Texans, one of the numerous teams enamored with safety Sean Taylor, also used their copious draft picks to convince the Washington Redskins to drop five spots from five to 10.

1. San Diego Chargers: Eli Manning, QB, Mississippi Comment: The Chargers publicly claim that all three of the top quarterback prospects intrigue them. They've also scheduled visits for receiver Larry Fitzgerald and safety Sean Taylor, but we hear they're increasingly enamored with Manning.

2. Cleveland Browns: Robert Gallery, T, Iowa Comment: The Rams are asking too much for Orlando Pace, and the Browns are in desperate need of a substantial upgrade to their offensive line. Gallery provides just that, for the cost of their first-round pick (#7 overall) and a later pick (as high as a third-rounder). If the Raiders aren't biting, the Browns could still deal with Arizona, as Denny Green's son is in the Cleveland front office. If the Cards are convinced that Larry Fitzgerald would fall to the seventh pick, that's the deal that will get made.

3. Arizona Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Pittsburgh Comment: Roy Williams' recent display of speed may cause Dennis Green to pause a bit here, but we believe he's still sold on Fitzgerald as his guy.

<b>13. Buffalo Bills: Mike Williams, WR, USC Comment: The Bills have needs at defensive end and cornerback, but given their lack of production on offense last season, the onus is on Mike Mularkey to score some points. Williams has the type of top-five talent Buffalo cannot ignore.</b>

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-nflmockdraft&prov=fanball&type=lgns

Patrick76777
04-07-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm all for DE, but if Mike Williams is on the board at 13, TAKE HIM!

Tatonka
04-07-2004, 03:09 PM
he better run a 4.50 at a minimum.. or else he is a keyshawn clone

DraftBoy
04-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
he better run a 4.50 at a minimum.. or else he is a keyshawn clone

Doesnt his size though allow for a little more respect that calling him Keyshaun?

Tatonka
04-07-2004, 03:14 PM
keyshawn is not small. they are about the same size.

if he is slow, then he is just another big possession receiver..

Patrick76777
04-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Dude catches everything!

Patrick76777
04-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Just checked it out, Williams has Key by 20 pounds!

Tatonka
04-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Just checked it out, Williams has Key by 20 pounds!

like i said.. i will reserve judgement until he works out.

but, keyshawn was supposed to be the best receiver ever in the history of the nfl when he came out.. he caught everything too.

Patrick76777
04-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Not trying to prove you wrong!

Saying that he's going to be Keyshawn's clone is nothing more then your opinion. Which is cool.

But in my opinion, I see them as being totally different. But they did go to the same school.

ryjam282
04-07-2004, 03:28 PM
He is pretty good...Not to mention young :couch:

TigerJ
04-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Mike Williams is an inch and a half or so taller than Keyshawn, plus having the extra weight. He's at least as fast. He could present a few more problems to a DB than Keyshawn. I don't think he's going to end up a Bill though.

mypoorfriendme
04-10-2004, 12:16 PM
mike williams had less than stellar times at high 4.5's and lows 4.6's....i agree wit him just being another possession reciever just like keyshawn with the attitude and everything.

The Spaz
04-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
mike williams had less than stellar times at high 4.5's and lows 4.6's....i agree wit him just being another possession reciever just like keyshawn with the attitude and everything.

Mike Williams doesn't have an attitude problem.

mypoorfriendme
04-10-2004, 01:50 PM
not yet, but i have a feeling he will seeing as he thinks hes good enough to enter the nfl as a sophomore and all. hes just arrogant...maybe thats what i should have put..."arrogance and all"

The Spaz
04-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
not yet, but i have a feeling he will seeing as he thinks hes good enough to enter the nfl as a sophomore and all. hes just arrogant...maybe thats what i should have put...&quot;arrogance and all&quot;

I guess he could be arrogant but everyone has to have some if your competitive. He doesn't gloat following catches or TD's though according to Pro Football Weekly and Mel Kiper Jr.. However I doubt that he is like Larry Fitzgerald in handing the refs the ball after a TD.

mypoorfriendme
04-10-2004, 02:24 PM
its probably just my bias coming out...i dont like usc much

BillsFever
04-11-2004, 04:13 AM
Boldin's 40 time was very low last year. That's how he lasted as long as he did. He sucks too.

Jan Reimers
04-11-2004, 11:09 AM
I'd rather trade down than take M. Williams at 13. I don't think he has the speed we need. Lee Evans in the late 1st - or Vernon Carey in the late 1st and Devrey Henderson later, might be better. And we'd have an extra pick.

ShadowHawk7
04-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I'd rather trade down than take M. Williams at 13. I don't think he has the speed we need. Lee Evans in the late 1st - or Vernon Carey in the late 1st and Devrey Henderson later, might be better. And we'd have an extra pick.

That's exactly what I think. Trade down for the Pats 21 and 32.

1a. Vernon Carrey
1b. Lee Evans
2. Best DT available

O ya, Jan check out this draft senario I made, I think you'd like it.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42522