X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

I am convinced - all top three QBs will be gone

guys.. it is obvious that the giants really want a qb.. enough that they are willing to try and move up. things are unsettled with kerry collins, and it is much the same situation that we have here wilth bledsoe.

IF the giants trade up, i am convinced that the draft will go something like this:

1. giants - eli manning
    4. san diego - big ben
    11. pittsburg - phillip rivers

and this is assuming that oakland and arizona don't get involved in the qb run at the 2 and 3 spots.

IF san diego stays at #1, then i still think they will take a qb, but they really want to trade down, because they can get another good pick, which is fine by them, because they like all three qbs.. i dont know that they really care which one they get.

regardless.. i think that we need a miracle to even see rivers fall to us.. let alone big ben..

you guys need to get used to the sound of schaub ( ) or smoker or harris or clausen.. because we are not getting one of the big three and oakland or arizona is bound to snag losman in the second round, that is, if he makes it out of the first past green bay and kc, both of which could select a qb as well.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • BuffaloRanger
    WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
    • Mar 2003

You forgot about Losman. Why would San Diego give up on Brees so fast? They are a team that should trade down a couple times and pick up some picks, and a top 5 WR. They have so many holes to fill, they can get by with Brees another year. It's not like they know how to pick 1st round QBs anyway. That's why they suck so bad.
    Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
      You forgot about Losman. Why would San Diego give up on Brees so fast? They are a team that should trade down a couple times and pick up some picks, and a top 5 WR. They have so many holes to fill, they can get by with Brees another year. It's not like they know how to pick 1st round QBs anyway. That's why they suck so bad.
      Originally posted by Tatonka
      you guys need to get used to the sound of schaub ( ) or smoker or harris or clausen.. because we are not getting one of the big three and oakland or arizona is bound to snag losman in the second round, that is, if he makes it out of the first past green bay and kc, both of which could select a qb as well.

i addressed losman above... and san diego has been very up front about its interest in the top three qbs.. they just dont have a favorite... they are going qb.. and they will grab a wr in the 2nd round.. just like mularkey and every one else is smart enough to see.. there is not a huge drop off in wr talent.. not like the qbs.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Arizona has a bigger holes to fill at WR and RB. Oakland needs a WR and D help. Both teams have young QB's who played well near the end of the season. I think they will wait till later to take a QB. Green Bay and KC wont take a QB in rd. 1 bc they both will spend then next 2-3 years with their current one and dont wanna waste a 1st round pick on a player that will never see the field.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

yeah while I hate admitting it cause you know how I feel about Rivers its beggining to look more and more like that.

And I few MD even have Losman going in the 1st to gaybay.

Ah well.
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

So to tell you the truth I think we grab losman in the 2nd.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i could live with that, although he completely reminds me of rob johnson (type of qb his is, his strengths and weaknesses)...

arizona has named shipp their starter.. and there is no way they even consider a rb at 3... they could go wr.. but i just dont see it.

manning and big ben are absolutely impossible to even consider without trading up (which i am against)... and rivers is seeming like a VERY slim possibility..

pisses me off.. that kid just had to keep playing good.. if he would have just had an average year.. he would be considered a second rounder.. but no.. he has to go and tear it up all the way through the senior bowl... bastard.

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

While other teamks have bigger needs, I dont believe Ben/Manning make it out of top 5.

Wont happen.

And I dont think I have seen many mocks yet with Greenbay not taking a QB, I think they take one unless they sign Couch.

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

ROFL T

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

if ben and eli are off the board come pitts pick.. i am absolutely positive that pitt take him.. there is no doubt in my mind..

especially w/ them knowing that we want him.. td and pitt have been playing these stupid little games in the draft for a couple years now.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

We are at 13.

you have the 3 QBs, 3 WR's (Roy, MIKE, fitz) Gallery, ,Taylor, Winslow....

that leaves 4 spots to fill before our pick. If we get lucky and hope a RB and a cornerback get picked high, that gives us a choice of Harris, Wilfork, Udeze, Smith, Andrews, another CB, Reggie williams (minus two or three of the above).....

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

And there is always next year

Quarterbacks:

1) Andrew Walter | Arizona State
                        2) Kyle Orton | Purdue
                        3) Stan Hill | Marshall
                        4) David Greene | Georgia
                        5) Charlie Frye | Akron
                        6) Dan Orlovsky | Connecticut
                        7) Chris Rix | Florida State
                        8) Matt Jones | Arkansas
                        9) Bryan Randall | Virginia Tech
                        10) Josh Fields | Oklahoma State
                        11) Stefan LeFors | Louisville
                        12) Derek Anderson | Oregon State
                        13) Gino Guidugli | Cincinnati
                        14) Bruce Eugene | Grambling
                        15) Ronnie Banks | South Florida

Others:

Jason White | Oklahoma
                        Paul Troth | Eastern Carolina
                        Brock Berlin | Miami (Fl)
                        Zach Mills | Penn State
                        Adrian McPherson | Tennessee State
                        Adam Smith | Duke
                        Shane Boyd | Kentucky
                        Timmy Chang | Hawaii
                        Matt LoVechio | Indiana
                        Chance Mock | Texas
                        Derrick Crudup | Miami (Fl)
                        Jason Campbell | Auburn
                        Marcus Randall | LSU
                        Brandon Hassell | Texas Christian
                        Dustin Long | Sam Houston State
                        Brett Elliot | Utah
                        Criag Ochs | Montana
                        Reggie Robertson | California
                        Darian Durrant | North Carolina

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

mike williams workout is pending (next week i think) so he could get in there with a good run..

but no matter how it breaks down.. i just dont see giants, san diego, maybe arizona, and pitt all not going qb.. rivers could actually be gone by the time pitt picks.. someone could trade up.. who knows..

i just really believe that if we stay at 13 (which we would be stupid not to do).. the top 3 are gone.. not to say that we wont get a great player... just not a qb..

i really believe this is gonna end up being like the class of 83'.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

we need a qb this year.. so we can boot drew after it is over.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              mike williams workout is pending (next week i think) so he could get in there with a good run..

but no matter how it breaks down.. i just dont see giants, san diego, maybe arizona, and pitt all not going qb.. rivers could actually be gone by the time pitt picks.. someone could trade up.. who knows..

i just really believe that if we stay at 13 (which we would be stupid not to do).. the top 3 are gone.. not to say that we wont get a great player... just not a qb..

i really believe this is gonna end up being like the class of 83'.

Whoops, I ment Mike Williams in the top 3, Reggie will be there for us if we wanted

Comment

Working...
                              X