PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgerald a Bills fan

Romes
04-08-2004, 12:11 PM
There is very little chance we will get him but the guy admits to being a Bills fan...makes me want him even more.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2004/04/08/sports/professional/4_7_0422_55_41.txt

"We talked a lot about life and his career," Fitzgerald said. "I'm a huge fan of coach Lofton's. I was a huge Buffalo Bills fan back when he was playing for them, and I talked a lot about them. I asked him what it took to become a great professional like he was and some of the things he did to make him successful."

Devin
04-08-2004, 01:17 PM
Fitz just got a boost on my scale, as you said we wont get him, but I like the kid even more now.

Tatonka
04-08-2004, 02:03 PM
he is going to make the most immediate impact of any receiver... no doubt at all in my mind.

i dont know if any of you have ever heard him speak.. he is well spoken and humble as hell. jim rome asked him why he doesnt celebrate after catching tds and stuff.. he said "I'm a receiver. it is my job to catch balls. if i drop it, then i am not doing my job. Do people cheer at work when they are doing their job?"

he went on to say, he felt it was a disgrace to the history of the game to taunt people and showboat.

i seriously love that kid.. we dont need a receiver.. but i would take him in a heart beat... i would not cry one bit if he fell to 4 or so, and the bills give up next years 1, 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Devin
04-08-2004, 02:15 PM
with ya on that, guy truly deserves what hes going to get a fat payday.

Saw that same bit I think, or maybe it was another interview...anyway very smart kid. Kind of guy you just naturally root for and love to watch....cept when he plays us.

The_Philster
04-08-2004, 03:50 PM
It's a shame we won't get him...it's always nice to have players like that on the squad. :up: Yet another reason I like Travis Henry so much.

chernobylwraiths
04-08-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
he is going to make the most immediate impact of any receiver... no doubt at all in my mind.

i dont know if any of you have ever heard him speak.. he is well spoken and humble as hell. jim rome asked him why he doesnt celebrate after catching tds and stuff.. he said "I'm a receiver. it is my job to catch balls. if i drop it, then i am not doing my job. Do people cheer at work when they are doing their job?"

he went on to say, he felt it was a disgrace to the history of the game to taunt people and showboat.

i seriously love that kid.. we dont need a receiver.. but i would take him in a heart beat... i would not cry one bit if he fell to 4 or so, and the bills give up next years 1, 2nd and 3rd round picks.

A bit much to give up, but I would love to have him here if he has that kind of attitude.

casdhf
04-08-2004, 04:32 PM
He said that because of James Lofton and he wants to go #1 ovr, its all bull ****.

Dozerdog
04-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Hard to beleive he was mentored by Randy Moss & Chris Carter as a ball boy for the Vikes 5-6 years ago

Kolbiss
04-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
He said that because of James Lofton and he wants to go #1 ovr, its all bull ****.

I didn't know you knew him that well!

Thailog80
04-08-2004, 05:09 PM
I love hearing that guys are Bills fans

Tatonka
04-08-2004, 05:44 PM
what does thailog mean?

Devin
04-08-2004, 06:58 PM
I assume players/athletes in general who may not be a Bill but are fans or were fans of the Bills.

Thailog80
04-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
what does thailog mean?

Its a name my son gave me years ago when he was five or so. Thailog was a gargoyle on the disney gargoyles show...thailog was goliaths ( good gargoyle) nemesis. So when we played he'd be goliath and I'd be thailog ( goliath backward with the th switched). So it just stuck...simple silly story but thats the origin of the name.

Bert102176
04-08-2004, 08:02 PM
I only wish we could get him

BAM
04-08-2004, 08:42 PM
he "WAS" a Bills fan :rolleyes:

(i'd still take him in a heartbeat though :up: )