X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Here's my Draft-o-Matic Mock Draft

Here's my ultimate draft, not wasting our early picks on a QB that won't play for a few years.

Round 1--- Reggie Williams WR. Let's face it, it's do or die for Josh Reed this year, and if he dies, we have another option, I can't see Bobby Shaw being around much longer, and Eric Moulds is no spring chicken, so we need a WR for the future, and he fell into our laps here.

Round 2---- Sean Jones, S, Georgia---- A suprise pick here? No. He was the best available player, IMO, and could probably be a valuable special teamer this season, and move into a bigger role in a season or two.

Round 3--- Max Starks, Tackle, Florida---- This rounds our our Offensive line, giving us two huge tackles, with good mobility. Again, the best pick at this point, in my opinion

Round 4--- Mike Karney, FB, Arizona State---- Highly regarded as the best FB in the draft, it addresses one of our biggest needs, and gives us a great pass catching and blocking FB, think Larry Centers meets Sam Gash.

Round 5---- Bo Schoebel, DE, TCU---- I took a bit of a flier here, we don't really need a DE, but he's Aaron's cousin, and if he can produce like Aaron, why not?

Round 7---- Matt Mauck, QB, LSU---- Here's the best pick of the draft, IMO, 7th round, no pressure on him coming in, under Wyche and Bledsoe, he'll be a great QB in a few years, mark my words.

Round 7--- Derek Abney, WR/KR, Kentucky---- The speed we need on kick returns, and in 4 WR spreads too. He ran a 4.37 40 yard dash, and is regarded as the most dangerous kick returner in college last season.
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

No WR in round 1. PLEASE.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Re: Here's my Draft-o-Matic Mock Draft

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
      Here's my ultimate draft, not wasting our early picks on a QB that won't play for a few years.

Round 7---- Matt Mauck, QB, LSU---- Here's the best pick of the draft, IMO, 7th round, no pressure on him coming in, under Wyche and Bledsoe, he'll be a great QB in a few years, mark my words.
      In a few years he'll be 27 yrs old and only have 6 years if that left in him. And thats assuming he comes in and does well.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

27 is not too bad, I guess you may want someone younger, I didn't realize he was 25 this year. That may be a reason he put up such huge numbers against guys so much younger, I'm not sure, but we should at least have a look at this guy, he might end up being productive.

Comment

• ryjam282
          Offical Billszone Starting QB
          • Mar 2003

Why would we need a WR in the first? What purpose would that serve? There is plent left in the 2nd to think about.

Ryan Withey
          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

Working...
          X