PDA

View Full Version : Here's my Draft-o-Matic Mock Draft

Forward_Lateral
04-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Here's my ultimate draft, not wasting our early picks on a QB that won't play for a few years.

Round 1--- Reggie Williams WR. Let's face it, it's do or die for Josh Reed this year, and if he dies, we have another option, I can't see Bobby Shaw being around much longer, and Eric Moulds is no spring chicken, so we need a WR for the future, and he fell into our laps here.

Round 2---- Sean Jones, S, Georgia---- A suprise pick here? No. He was the best available player, IMO, and could probably be a valuable special teamer this season, and move into a bigger role in a season or two.

Round 3--- Max Starks, Tackle, Florida---- This rounds our our Offensive line, giving us two huge tackles, with good mobility. Again, the best pick at this point, in my opinion

Round 4--- Mike Karney, FB, Arizona State---- Highly regarded as the best FB in the draft, it addresses one of our biggest needs, and gives us a great pass catching and blocking FB, think Larry Centers meets Sam Gash.

Round 5---- Bo Schoebel, DE, TCU---- I took a bit of a flier here, we don't really need a DE, but he's Aaron's cousin, and if he can produce like Aaron, why not?

Round 7---- Matt Mauck, QB, LSU---- Here's the best pick of the draft, IMO, 7th round, no pressure on him coming in, under Wyche and Bledsoe, he'll be a great QB in a few years, mark my words.

Round 7--- Derek Abney, WR/KR, Kentucky---- The speed we need on kick returns, and in 4 WR spreads too. He ran a 4.37 40 yard dash, and is regarded as the most dangerous kick returner in college last season.

lordofgun
04-08-2004, 01:31 PM
No WR in round 1. PLEASE. :pray:

DraftBoy
04-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
Here's my ultimate draft, not wasting our early picks on a QB that won't play for a few years.

Round 7---- Matt Mauck, QB, LSU---- Here's the best pick of the draft, IMO, 7th round, no pressure on him coming in, under Wyche and Bledsoe, he'll be a great QB in a few years, mark my words.

In a few years he'll be 27 yrs old and only have 6 years if that left in him. And thats assuming he comes in and does well.

Forward_Lateral
04-09-2004, 09:50 AM
27 is not too bad, I guess you may want someone younger, I didn't realize he was 25 this year. That may be a reason he put up such huge numbers against guys so much younger, I'm not sure, but we should at least have a look at this guy, he might end up being productive.

ryjam282
04-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Why would we need a WR in the first? What purpose would that serve? There is plent left in the 2nd to think about.