X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Which Back will carry the load

How many carries should TH get per game without putting him at high risk of being injured. I dont want to see him playing hurt again this season in fear of being replaced by WM becoming healthy. Since they play the same position and I dont see WM lead blocking for TH very often or Vice-Versa maybe it would be beneficial to keep Travis's carries down around 15-20/gm and assuming Willis is healthy and 100% bring him in with around 10/gm and utilize him in the passing game.

And speaking of Willis being healthy is there more of a risk of him having the same type of injury because of the severity of the Knee-Injury, or is it the case that sufficient Rehab and strengthening can return his knee duribility back to original strength? I know some leg injuries can heal and actually be stronger than pre-injury. Also how would use of a Knee brace hamper him.. Maybe the difference of him being able to run a 4.4 instead of a 4.2 40 time... I think most fans can live with that at 225-230.

I think if we overutilize TH we may loose him to injury by week six. Last years injuries showed that he cant be the Jamal Lewis of the Bills, carrying the ball 25-30x.. If used sparingly throughout the season we can go into playoff time with Two RBs with over 1000 all purpose yards each.. And WM wont have to prove that his knee is ready to carry the teams full load.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

well said, but yea I think physically his knee can be 100%, just question does he believe it
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      well said, but yea I think physically his knee can be 100%, just question does he believe it
      I dont think this guy has a problem with self-confidence or confidence in his God-Given abilities.

Another Question will be Do the Bills Brass beleive it and will MM have enough carries to go around?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• ryjam282
        Offical Billszone Starting QB
        • Mar 2003

Re: Which Back will carry the load

Originally posted by juice
        How many carries should TH get per game without putting him at high risk of being injured.
        How many carries???Anyone could go down at any time...1 carry or 30, no one knows the true answer to that...

And speaking of Willis being healthy is there more of a risk of him having the same type of injury because of the severity of the Knee-Injury, or is it the case that sufficient Rehab and strengthening can return his knee duribility back to original strength?[/B]
        Once the knee is repaired, it is said to be stronger then a normal knee ligament. The person just needs to believe in it again and get confidence that he can do the same things, that is the most important thing.

Sounds like Willis has done that, we will see.

Ryan Withey
        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ryjam282
          [B] How many carries???Anyone could go down at any time...1 carry or 30, no one knows the true answer to that...

So your point is what.. that the # of carries have nothing to do with injuries during the season... Ricky Williams will be glad to hear that.

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

TH needs to get 25 carries per game to wear down the offense. Bring Willis in on 3rd and Long.

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Pride
              TH needs to get 25 carries per game to wear down the offense. Bring Willis in on 3rd and Long.
              25 carries are alot for a man his size... Plus if WM is 100% how can you justify only using him on 3rd and long... With his speed and recieving abilities he eliminates the need of a Big name TE.

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Ill leave it to the guys who get paid to make those decisions.

Ill simply say whichever one gets traded next year I want a 1st for so to be honest I hope they both have amazing years.
                http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Devin
                  Ill leave it to the guys who get paid to make those decisions.

Ill simply say whichever one gets traded next year I want a 1st for so to be honest I hope they both have amazing years.
                  If TH blows an ACL trying to run over Sam Cowart for his 30th carry you wont get Get Well Card for him... He's not built like R Williams or J. Lewis or WM.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

If TH blows an ACL trying to run over Sam Cowart for his 30th carry you wont get Get Well Card for him... He's not built like R Williams or J. Lewis or WM.
                    Let me ask how much can those other players bench or squat because I guarantee Henry can at least do the same or more.

Comment

• juice
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
                      Let me ask how much can those other players bench or squat because I guarantee Henry can at least do the same or more.
                      Thats a BET...

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Thats a BET...
                        4.6 in the 40-yard dash...35.5-inch vertical jump...10'0" broad jump...410-pound bench press.

TRavis Henry I know can bench even more than that but that's the only link I can find and also Henry was a powerlifter in high scholl the guy is a bull.

Comment

• Romes
                          • Jul 2002

I'd say give TH 17-23 carries and WM 8-12
                          Originally posted by paladin warrior
                          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• mightyspaz
                            Short, Furry and Cold
                            • Mar 2004

I think even the coaching staff won't exaclty know MCGahee's role untill after preseason. Your gonna see a lot of him in the oreseason just so the coaches can get a game time feel of how he is on the field. No one outside of a buffalo bills practice can predict how he is gonna react on the field until we all see him in preseason. Remember nobodies seen this guy in pads since the National Championship.

However, his confidence is through the roof! and I know he's gonna give it all he's got. He's go something to prove and that can be the greatest motivation. We'll see in the preseason but I'm excited to see what he can do.

:horse:
                            ThE MiGhTy SpAz
                            - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.

Comment

• juice
                              • Aug 2003

Willis will be the starter by Wk. 8... If TH carries 25+ times/Gm.

Comment

Working...
                              X