PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams

JefftheBillsfan
04-08-2004, 10:03 PM
for all of you guys knocking Mike Williams proclaiming him the next Key, I would just like to know how many of you actually watched him play last year? If he is there at 13, we have a steal. There are some players that play faster when they put the pads on. Mike Williams is one of those guys, a gamer. I'm not saying he has Lee Evans speed (who btw would be an absolute steal late first round), but I think he plays just as fast as say Fitzgerald. It seems like just yesterday that everyone was considering MW right up there with Roy and Fitzgerald. Then someone (Prisco?) said that he will PROBABLY run poorly at pro day, and now he's the next Keyshawn? No way. Keyshawn plays slow. Mike doesnt. Oh ya, and Mike doesnt run his mouth off either.

Tatonka
04-08-2004, 10:16 PM
mike williams ran a 4.56 and a 4.62.. that is slow.

SoCalBillsFan
04-08-2004, 10:29 PM
T, with all due respect, 4.56 isnt slow. It's just not burner. 1 tenth of a second slower than fitzgerald. And ESPN is saying he ran a 4.5 flat (but I dont know if that's accurate)

THere's no question he isn't as fast in the 40 as ROy or Fitz, but these workouts are overrated. His hands are great, he uses his body better than anyone I've seen, he HUGE, and he gets up. Runs good routes, etc.

This would not be a bad pick at 13 at all. T, I agree that receivers often take a couple years to develop, and that could be the case here. But MIke WIlliams will be a good receiver in the NFL.

tampabay25690
04-08-2004, 11:08 PM
so cal FAN

I am a Mike Williams backer also........I don't agree that he should come out this year, I wish he would stay in college and we could hand him the HEISMAN before the season started......BUT I guess the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...Is calling

He will be a steal if the Bills do get him, but I think Michael Vick will be throwing to him for years to come.....Rich Mckay is a huge backer of him, cause he knows Mike growing up down here in Tampa.....

SoCalBillsFan
04-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Tampa, I agree completely he should have stayed in school. He could have been a top 5 pick next year and won some hardware.

McKay definately has his eye on him...

JefftheBillsfan
04-09-2004, 12:22 PM
If...the Bills drafted him, I think he would start out as the #3. but by the time Moulds leaves, IMO, he would be a legit top 10 WR in the league. Thats just my opinion.

justasportsfan
04-09-2004, 12:53 PM
If I had that potential , I would go for the draft as well. I'd rather blow out my knee in the NFL and be a million $$$ richer than risk blowing it in college and never make it to the NFL.