• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

Can we just stop with the WR in the 1st talk

We are not going to be taking a WR in the 1st round. It won't happen. There are plenty to go around in round 2 that will have just as big an impact as a first round guy, AKA NONE!!! They will need at least 2-3 years of experience before making any impact. Please stop with this talk. I wonder if everyone would be saying the same thing if this draft was loaded at RB...Would everyone be talking about needing a RB then? We don't need a WR that bad....

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

• cordog
    eat, drink, and be merry
    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by ryjam282
    We are not going to be taking a WR in the 1st round. It won't happen. There are plenty to go around in round 2 that will have just as big an impact as a first round guy, AKA NONE!!! They will need at least 2-3 years of experience before making any impact. Please stop with this talk. I wonder if everyone would be saying the same thing if this draft was loaded at RB...Would everyone be talking about needing a RB then? We don't need a WR that bad....
    Show me one position that we need where it doesnt take 2-3 years to develop

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I wouldnt mind it that much although I do agree we got bigger needs, but this one is bigger than your playing it down not to be.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Nah we have a solid group at WR, and can easily grab a great WR well into the 2nd.

Almost all positions take time to develop.

Everyone knows Im a Rivers fanatic, but if we are unable to grab a Qb (Ben or Rivers) id trade down for carey and an extra second.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

Woods will be a steal in the 2nd if he lasts that long.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

I wouldn't mind us using the first pick on one of the top WRs. I think it is a need. I just remember last year how bad our WRs looked when Moulds went down.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282

very well said.

Originally posted by cordog
              Show me one position that we need where it doesnt take 2-3 years to develop
              center, guard, tackle, te, fb, dt, de...
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

lol!

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

I agree that there are lots of really good WR's in this draft...but IMO there is a big drop off between Larry, Roy and the rest of the group. Mike is questionable but i still put him in the elite group with the other 2. So if TD rates these guys highly then going WR in the first round is a good move.

Comment

• Bmax
                    • Aug 2003

Sorry but you guys habve to understand one thing quality....Why draft the 22nd best player when you could take the 13th ....I love lee evans and reggie williams....(mike is ok )

Speed kills in this league.. and that'swhat we need...

If not wr then what at 13 ... a guard none rated that high ......tackle anrews if he is there but .. we have jennigs and williams and williams will be a better player than andrews...

QB -LET'S NOT EVEN BEGIN THAT DISCUSSION....

so where do we go ....De or wr ...we have the players but the
                    talent is lacking especially at de if smith or udeze is there they should be the pick....they will help the line right away.....

Bmax

Comment

• juice
                      • Aug 2003

Moulds needs immediate help opposite of him.. and the lack of a deep threat was a major issue from last year. I dont see how people can say we are fine at WR when we are a Moulds Injury away from having the worst passing game again in the upcoming season.

If we get a top Three WR he can make an immediate impact and be a differense maker if Moulds gets dinged up again.

A top 3 reciever will be in the rotation if not starting.. Thats the difference between a Josh Reed and a L. Fitz.. ability to be an immediate impact player.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

yeah but you need to realize, the williams sisters = gone, all 3 QB's likely gone (although I pray otherwise), Udezi gone, Taylor, Winslow, Gallery, Hall (likely a bust anyway) all gone.

Lee Evans---forget it to high
                        Andrews is a tackle - No need

Reggie Williams/Will Smith maybe only viable options at 13. If this is true I pray im wrong.

Anyway simply saying I believe having those 2 at 13 is actually worse then trading down.

If thats whats available at 13 I hope we trade down.

Comment

• Devin
                          The Octagon
                          • Apr 2003

juice your taking a 1 in a million shot, the only WR I think will make an immediate diff is Fitz.

WR take time. No rhyme or reason....just do.

Give Reed a little credit.

Comment

• cordog
                            eat, drink, and be merry
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            very well said.

center, guard, tackle, te, fb, dt, de...
                            are any of those going to be filled in the first other than DE that does take time to develop

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

I don't think the Bills have to take a WR in round one, but I don't rule it out either. I think the Bills will end up with one of the following, unless they trade out of #13:

Phil Rivers, Reggie Williams, Will Smith, Tommie Harris

I think Roy Williams and Kenechi Udeze will be off the board already. It's likely that some combination of Phil Rivers, Will Smith and Tommie Harris will also be off the board too, but one or more of them may still be available. Reggie Williams is not likely to be off the board by then.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X