PDA

View Full Version : Can we just stop with the WR in the 1st talk

ryjam282
04-09-2004, 10:07 AM
We are not going to be taking a WR in the 1st round. It won't happen. There are plenty to go around in round 2 that will have just as big an impact as a first round guy, AKA NONE!!! They will need at least 2-3 years of experience before making any impact. Please stop with this talk. I wonder if everyone would be saying the same thing if this draft was loaded at RB...Would everyone be talking about needing a RB then? We don't need a WR that bad....

cordog
04-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by ryjam282
We are not going to be taking a WR in the 1st round. It won't happen. There are plenty to go around in round 2 that will have just as big an impact as a first round guy, AKA NONE!!! They will need at least 2-3 years of experience before making any impact. Please stop with this talk. I wonder if everyone would be saying the same thing if this draft was loaded at RB...Would everyone be talking about needing a RB then? We don't need a WR that bad....

Show me one position that we need where it doesnt take 2-3 years to develop

DraftBoy
04-09-2004, 10:13 AM
I wouldnt mind it that much although I do agree we got bigger needs, but this one is bigger than your playing it down not to be.

Devin
04-09-2004, 10:37 AM
Nah we have a solid group at WR, and can easily grab a great WR well into the 2nd.

Almost all positions take time to develop.

Everyone knows Im a Rivers fanatic, but if we are unable to grab a Qb (Ben or Rivers) id trade down for carey and an extra second.

Devin
04-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Woods will be a steal in the 2nd if he lasts that long.

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 11:06 AM
I wouldn't mind us using the first pick on one of the top WRs. I think it is a need. I just remember last year how bad our WRs looked when Moulds went down.

Tatonka
04-09-2004, 11:08 AM

very well said.

Originally posted by cordog
Show me one position that we need where it doesnt take 2-3 years to develop

center, guard, tackle, te, fb, dt, de...

Devin
04-09-2004, 11:09 AM
lol!

Mahdi
04-09-2004, 11:12 AM
I agree that there are lots of really good WR's in this draft...but IMO there is a big drop off between Larry, Roy and the rest of the group. Mike is questionable but i still put him in the elite group with the other 2. So if TD rates these guys highly then going WR in the first round is a good move.

Bmax
04-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Sorry but you guys habve to understand one thing quality....Why draft the 22nd best player when you could take the 13th ....I love lee evans and reggie williams....(mike is ok )

Speed kills in this league.. and that'swhat we need...

If not wr then what at 13 ... a guard none rated that high ......tackle anrews if he is there but .. we have jennigs and williams and williams will be a better player than andrews...

QB -LET'S NOT EVEN BEGIN THAT DISCUSSION....

so where do we go ....De or wr ...we have the players but the
talent is lacking especially at de if smith or udeze is there they should be the pick....they will help the line right away.....

Bmax

juice
04-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Moulds needs immediate help opposite of him.. and the lack of a deep threat was a major issue from last year. I dont see how people can say we are fine at WR when we are a Moulds Injury away from having the worst passing game again in the upcoming season.

If we get a top Three WR he can make an immediate impact and be a differense maker if Moulds gets dinged up again.

A top 3 reciever will be in the rotation if not starting.. Thats the difference between a Josh Reed and a L. Fitz.. ability to be an immediate impact player.

Devin
04-09-2004, 11:26 AM
yeah but you need to realize, the williams sisters = gone, all 3 QB's likely gone (although I pray otherwise), Udezi gone, Taylor, Winslow, Gallery, Hall (likely a bust anyway) all gone.

Lee Evans---forget it to high
Andrews is a tackle - No need

Reggie Williams/Will Smith maybe only viable options at 13. If this is true I pray im wrong.

Anyway simply saying I believe having those 2 at 13 is actually worse then trading down.

If thats whats available at 13 I hope we trade down.

Devin
04-09-2004, 11:27 AM
juice your taking a 1 in a million shot, the only WR I think will make an immediate diff is Fitz.

WR take time. No rhyme or reason....just do.

Give Reed a little credit.

cordog
04-09-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
very well said.

center, guard, tackle, te, fb, dt, de...

are any of those going to be filled in the first other than DE that does take time to develop

TigerJ
04-09-2004, 11:33 AM
I don't think the Bills have to take a WR in round one, but I don't rule it out either. I think the Bills will end up with one of the following, unless they trade out of #13:

Phil Rivers, Reggie Williams, Will Smith, Tommie Harris

I think Roy Williams and Kenechi Udeze will be off the board already. It's likely that some combination of Phil Rivers, Will Smith and Tommie Harris will also be off the board too, but one or more of them may still be available. Reggie Williams is not likely to be off the board by then.

juice
04-09-2004, 11:34 AM
A sub-4.5 guy could be a deep threat to free up Moulds GAME 1.. Reed cant get Deep.. to speak upon it Moulds is the only reciever we have that can be considered a playmaker. Reed might be a YAC star of the future.. but not thus far.

A guy who could run a post or a go, might be able to contribute on offense like Hall did for KC last year.

Devin
04-09-2004, 11:35 AM
nah Reggie will be a 13-19 pick. He wont be a top 10.

I think thats a safe bet though TigerJ, I think Harris will be gone but the other 3 I have on the board at 13.

I think Pitt will go DB, and depending on the outlook Buff will trade up if Ben is there.

Devin
04-09-2004, 11:37 AM
tellin ya juice doesnt matter which WR it is (aside Fitz) MAYBE RW but thats a stretch, its gonna be at bare minimum a season before they break out.

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 11:39 AM
I would rather see TD wait at 13 to see who falls. The draft is too deep to trade up in the first and give up a second or third for one guy, especially one who won't play for a year or three. If nobody falls, then he can trade down.

Tatonka
04-09-2004, 11:45 AM
juice.. the lack of a speed receiver didnt hurt our deep game last year.. the lack of an offensive line did.. and the eric moulds injury did.. you dont need two deep receivers.. we have moulds..

plaxico and ward seem to do ok.. that is the same exact set up that we have in moulds and reed.

we did ok with andre reed and james lofton too..

we dont need another moulds.. we have immediate issues..

andrews can play guard. or jennings can play guard and andrews can play tackle.

harris would start immediately at least in a constant rotation.

i can guarentee you 100% that no rookie wr is going to in and unseat both shaw and reed.. no one.

justasportsfan
04-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Moulds might cost a lot in a year or two and is getting up there in age. Can Reed replace him? I doubt that . If there is anyone out there in 2nd rd. that will eventually be Moulds' replacement in the future, why not . If no I'd go for one in the 1st.

justasportsfan
04-09-2004, 11:51 AM
BTW, it didn't take Reed 2-3 years to make an impact neither did it take Anquan Boldin.

ryjam282
i can guarentee you 100% that no rookie wr is going to in and unseat both shaw and reed.. no one.

My point exactly Give Reed a chance, not to mention Aiken and the others too. You never know, not all Superstar WR's in the NFL were first rounders.

DraftBoy
Originally posted by justasportsfan
BTW, it didn't take Reed 2-3 years to make an impact neither did it take Anquan Boldin.

Reed really hasnt made a huge impact yet

DraftBoy
04-09-2004, 11:52 AM

My point exactly Give Reed a chance, not to mention Aiken and the others too. You never know, not all Superstar WR's in the NFL were first rounders.

I dont think Aiken is anything. I think he could be a Bobby Shaw clone though. The kid I really like and Ive been harping about him for a long time is Derrick Hamilton out of Clemson he is a true deep threat and could be had in rd.3

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 11:53 AM
juice.. the lack of a speed receiver didnt hurt our deep game last year.. the lack of an offensive line did.. and the eric moulds injury did.. you dont need two deep receivers.. we have moulds..

plaxico and ward seem to do ok.. that is the same exact set up that we have in moulds and reed.

we did ok with andre reed and james lofton too..

we dont need another moulds.. we have immediate issues..

andrews can play guard. or jennings can play guard and andrews can play tackle.

harris would start immediately at least in a constant rotation.

I disagree.

1. Moulds is not a speed receiver, he can go long, but he won't usually ourrun everyone.
2. Pittsburgh is drafting ahead of us this year and neither Plax nor Ward were hurt.
3. Lofton although older was still a speed guy and faster than most DBs
4. We have good enough talent on the Oline IMO and now we have a very good coach that can teach them right.
5. Harris probably would be good in a rotation but DT is definitely not one of our bigger needs.
6. NOBODY can guarantee that.

ryjam282
04-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Boldin hasn't made that big of an impact...I mean he did catch a lot of balls, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Arizona have a top 5 pick yet again this year? Boldin didn't get into the endzone that much either. He made a lot of his catches on drag routes and short patterns like that. Plus he was one of the only healthy WR's on the team. When Boston left they had nothing...NOTHING. Everyone on the team got hurt.

justasportsfan
04-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy

Reed really hasnt made a huge impact yet The entire O sucked last year from the qb, OL, wr's. There's too many question to go around as to why or why not when it comes to the O last year.

juice
04-09-2004, 11:57 AM
Not unseat these guys... But do what they can't, get Deep. getting deep and making the catch at opportune times isn't anything different than Hall did for KC against us last year... a non-starter proving to be the difference maker.

Why not have a Moulds clone in the stables waiting and learning from one of the games best.

Even Moulds has said that is what he needs to free him up from the Doubleteams. How can you say that a lack of a deep threat wasn't an issue when our #3 reciever was our receptions leader through wk. 12?

An Injury to one player shouldn't completly shut the offense down..It comes down to a lack of options which is what we lost the previous season.

ryjam282
04-09-2004, 11:59 AM
We already have a speedster....Antonio Brown...He can fly. Why not give him a try?

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 12:00 PM
We already have a speedster....Antonio Brown...He can fly. Why not give him a try?

He'll run sideways.:snicker:

ryjam282
04-09-2004, 12:01 PM
:lolcry:

He looked real good on the one reverse he ran last year..Blew by people...But he did run a little sideways though.

juice
04-09-2004, 12:02 PM
He's worth a look but can he make the play? He should have made a difference in the return game and maybe he could have gotten some play at WR.. like Hall.

justasportsfan
04-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Boldin hasn't made that big of an impact...I mean he did catch a lot of balls, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Arizona have a top 5 pick yet again this year? Boldin didn't get into the endzone that much either. He made a lot of his catches on drag routes and short patterns like that. Plus he was one of the only healthy WR's on the team. When Boston left they had nothing...NOTHING. Everyone on the team got hurt.

Player No Yds Avg Long TD
Anquan Boldin 101 1377 13.6 71 8

NOt too shaby for a rookie. To think Blake was throwing to him.Not even Moulds had those nos. as a rookie.

Boldin wasn't even drafted in the first rd.

If any on the top 3 wr's are there at 13 and all the top 3 qb's are gone as well, I'd take a wr.

juice
04-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Blake made this kid.. He's a nobody with average speed.. If he doesn't have Blake to get him the rock his #'s will falloff Drastically. Blake is way better than Kordell.

don137
04-09-2004, 12:05 PM
I am not saying we will take a WR in the 1st round but considering the history of TD it would not surprise me. TD is notorius for taking the best available player no matter the need at the position (i.e. McGahee last year and Reed two years ago). He may feel there is a top 10 talent at WR there at 13 and be inclined to grab him. Again, I am not saying we will or should grab a WR at #13 but it would not surprise me.

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by juice
Blake made this kid.. He's a nobody with average speed.. If he doesn't have Blake to get him the rock his #'s will falloff Drastically. Blake is way better than Kordell.

Dude if Blake is so good why does he keep getting bounced around the league.

ryjam282
04-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Not shabby at all. But he still didn't help the team out when it came down to crunch time. He did have a very good year but like I said before, no other WR's on the team were even healthy last year....

justasportsfan
04-09-2004, 12:08 PM
Blake made this kid.. He's a nobody with average speed.. If he doesn't have Blake to get him the rock his #'s will falloff Drastically. Blake is way better than Kordell. Imagine if Drew was on the top of his game and throwing to Boldin.

I know wr is not a need but if a possible future top wr is there at 13 , I'll take it.

justasportsfan
04-09-2004, 12:08 PM
Not shabby at all. But he still didn't help the team out when it came down to crunch time. He did have a very good year but like I said before, no other WR's on the team were even healthy last year.... It's the cardinals for crying out loud. It's not his fault the entire organization sucks. He stepped up for the team. So tell my why didn't Reed have those nos. since Moulds wasn't healthy?

ryjam282
04-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Cause Drew spent most of his time on his back.

ryjam282
04-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Or Gilbride was calling a Go route to the Tight End and Drew was trying to hit him in stride 50 yards down the field....On 3rd and 1 no less.

justasportsfan
04-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Cause Drew spent most of his time on his back.
Or Gilbride was calling a Go route to the Tight End and Drew was trying to hit him in stride 50 yards down the field....On 3rd and 1 no less. Exactly, so based on that no one can blame Reed for a lack of impact in his 2nd yr.

ryjam282
04-09-2004, 12:20 PM
Exactly, so based on that no one can blame Reed for a lack of impact in his 2nd yr.

I agree....Give Reed at least a fighting chance.

juice
04-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Dude if Blake is so good why does he keep getting bounced around the league.

This isn't the first surprise that Blake has turned into a Pro Bowler.

Everywhere he goes he plays.. and puts up big #'s.

Trust me if Blake wasn't as good as he is... coming out of East Carolina his carreer would have been over long ago.

Da Bills were looking to bring him in as a starter two years ago.. and what did he do, he went down to Arizona and put up Huge #'s... Which allowed Da Bills to get a rising WR coaching star.

The Cardinals have more Pro Bowl recivers than the Bills over the past Two Years.

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 12:21 PM
All those dropped balls early in the season didn't help Reed's cause though.

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Actually Blake played for the Ravens two years ago and did nothing. He did good for the Cardinals last year. But as one other poster said, you have to wonder why he keeps getting bounced from teams.

justasportsfan
04-09-2004, 12:27 PM

I agree....Give Reed at least a fighting chance. Give him a chance but it wouldn't hurt to take a wr in the first who could possibly be the next future of the bills. Reed would not be in the top 3 wr in this years draft.

ryjam282
04-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Good point, he must rub some people the wrong way.

juice
04-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
Actually Blake played for the Ravens two years ago and did nothing. He did good for the Cardinals last year. But as one other poster said, you have to wonder why he keeps getting bounced from teams.

You would also have to wonder how he keeps getting starting positions.. He's just a journeyman starter.. who makes Average WR into Pro Bowlers. Hired assassin.. #'s dont lie

ryjam282
04-09-2004, 12:34 PM
He just happen to fall into good situations in all those places he went to.

Devin
04-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Gimme a break its been said a million times recievers like Boldin are rare if that happened every year it would be a no brainer.

Comparing apples and oranges.

juice
04-09-2004, 12:36 PM
What? WR like Boldin throw the ball to themselves.:mex:

justasportsfan
04-09-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Devin
Gimme a break its been said a million times recievers like Boldin are rare if that happened every year it would be a no brainer.

Comparing apples and oranges. I was just trying to argue that wr's take 2-3 years to make an imp0act. If someone like Boldin can make an impact, why can't any of the top 3 in this yrs. draft .

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 12:39 PM
You would also have to wonder how he keeps getting starting positions.. He's just a journeyman starter.. who makes Average WR into Pro Bowlers. Hired assassin.. #'s dont lie

Does anybody know Jeff Blakes W/L record in games started?

Plus his numbers aren't THAT great.

ryjam282
04-09-2004, 12:39 PM
I was just trying to argue that wr's take 2-3 years to make an imp0act. If someone like Boldin can make an impact, why can't any of the top 3 in this yrs. draft .

What impact did he have? He didn't help the team win one bit....Someone had to catch those balls, they had 3 WR's hurt almost every game last year. Boldin was the only one who stayed healthy...He had to catch something, he was on the field. Arizone won no more games cause of Boldin, so what impact was there?

Tatonka
04-09-2004, 12:43 PM
I disagree.

2. Pittsburgh is drafting ahead of us this year and neither Plax nor Ward were hurt.
3. Lofton although older was still a speed guy and faster than most DBs
4. We have good enough talent on the Oline IMO and now we have a very good coach that can teach them right.
5. Harris probably would be good in a rotation but DT is definitely not one of our bigger needs.
6. NOBODY can guarantee that.

2. your proving my point.. having 2 great wrs doesnt = wins.. you dont have to have a super speedster.. moulds can get deep.. that is all you need.
3. and andre reed was slow.. we had one deep guy and one slot guy.. just like now.
4. we need another stud.
5. your not going to be saying that when pat and sam are gone next year and our starters are edwards and bannan, with sape rotating in.
6. i am

juice
04-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Bills had injuries at WR and the Season went down the ****ter.. I bet it was nice in Arizona to go to most games and see the Home team competitive... Unlike in Buffalo. Maybe we should have bought Blake in a few years ago... I dont think it would have costed 6.5 Million this season.

helmetguy
04-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Ever wonder why QB's on losing teams seem to have "monster numbers," Juice? Could it be they're constantly behind and HAVE to throw the ball a bazillion times? Hell, in Arizona's case, they're usually two TDs behind before they get out of pre-game warm ups!

justasportsfan
04-09-2004, 12:45 PM

What impact did he have? He didn't help the team win one bit....Someone had to catch those balls, they had 3 WR's hurt almost every game last year. Boldin was the only one who stayed healthy...He had to catch something, he was on the field. Arizone won no more games cause of Boldin, so what impact was there? Like I said, the entire team sucked and yet you seem to be blaming the entire demise of his team on him. He's a reciever and their job is to catch balls and in saying that made an impact at that position.

As for the rest of his team , it's not his fault.

Tatonka
04-09-2004, 12:46 PM

what average wrs has he turned into probowlers.. list them by year/team... since you didnt even know he was playing for baltimore 2 years ago.

juice
04-09-2004, 12:46 PM
So were we and we couldn't do a thing in the Air. I would have liked to have seen an offensive Pro Bowler besides RB last year.

juice
04-09-2004, 12:51 PM
what average wrs has he turned into probowlers.. list them by year/team... since you didnt even know he was playing for baltimore 2 years ago.

You list them statman... Are you saying he has never had another Pro Bowl Reciever besides Bolden.

I speak upon the game as it is played.. Not searching Message Boards for "Good Finds". I'm different from some of you fantasy fanatics.

The_Philster
04-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Ever wonder why QB's on losing teams seem to have "monster numbers," Juice? Could it be they're constantly behind and HAVE to throw the ball a bazillion times? Hell, in Arizona's case, they're usually two TDs behind before they get out of pre-game warm ups!
:bf1: Nicely put

Devin
04-09-2004, 12:57 PM
lol, jeeeez.

the expert.

We need a WR yes, but do we need one in the 1st? Nah.

I would target Woods/Evans in the 2nd.

Can Moulds get deep? Hell yes he can.

Is Blake a good QB...Average....does he make stars out of recievers....to be honest I couldnt name one Boldin had a great 1st year if he does it 2-3 more times then ill be impressed.

Buffalo grabs a guy like Woods/Evans we will be fine.

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 01:04 PM
I think Blake had Pickens and Darnay Scott while in Cincy and I think he had Joe Horn in NO.

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 01:07 PM
I would like Evans, Woods, Henderson, or any of the other speed guys in the second round too. I just think that if Fitz, Roy/Mike Williams are there I would take them in the first. That is if Roeth, Udeze, Taylor aren't there as well.

juice
04-09-2004, 01:09 PM
I think Blake had Pickens and Darnay Scott while in Cincy and I think he had Joe Horn in NO.

Thanks Wraiths but we have to let the Statboy do his job while we talk Football. Pickens and Scott...Average nobodies

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Thanks Wraiths but we have to let the Statboy do his job while we talk Football. Pickens and Scott...Average nobodies

I remember both of them being very coveted when in their heyday in fantasy leagues. Cincy might not have won a lot, but they certainly got good stats.

Devin
04-09-2004, 01:18 PM
not bad WR your right. Hardly all stars, but certainly solid guys.

Lets refrain from being negative juice, all on the same team. You seem to take these things way to personal.

juice
04-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Devin

Comparing apples and oranges.

My point is that Blake puts up Big #'s werever he has played... I take nothing personal... And any out of the way comments to the Stat Experts around here we can call an inside joke.

I just think to have a greater understanding of the game you have to have played on different levels and some of these "Peter Kings" only know what they have read on other message boards.

I didn't understand what you were saying in this post.

Nothing for you to take personal...

Devin
04-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Im saying recievers that have breakout first years are rare.

And that saying look what happend to Boldin or Moss...etc is like comparing apples and oranges cause its not a typical thing.

juice
04-09-2004, 01:53 PM
And I'm of the thought that without Blake Bolden has an average rookie season, Moss is an exceptional athlete who would put up good #'s with any descent QB. Bolden is a much more average WR.

OK I see your point...

juice
04-09-2004, 01:56 PM
And I'm of the thought that without Blake Bolden has an average rookie season, Moss is an exceptional athlete who would put up good #'s with any descent QB. Bolden is a much more average WR.

OK I see your point...

I'm not referring to you as a Statboy.

helmetguy
04-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Juice, when you talk about football "the way it's played, just remember one thing-what you see on XBOX or PS/2 doesn't count, okay?

buffmaniac
04-09-2004, 02:45 PM
The bottomline for me is that it depends on who is available at 13. If Mike or Roy are there, I take them. If not then I would probably wait till the 2nd to address the Wr position.

juice
04-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Helmet, I thought you knew I was oldschool... I'm still playing Techmobowl. I'll have to leave you youngsters to your Playboxes and X-stations.

Baller all my life.. on different levels... OK

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Helmet, I thought you knew I was oldschool... I'm still playing Techmobowl. I'll have to leave you youngsters to your Playboxes and X-stations.

Baller all my life.. on different levels... OK

:rofl::lol:

Devin
04-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by buffmaniac
The bottomline for me is that it depends on who is available at 13. If Mike or Roy are there, I take them. If not then I would probably wait till the 2nd to address the Wr position.

Well put.

ryjam282
04-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Like I said, the entire team sucked and yet you seem to be blaming the entire demise of his team on him. He's a reciever and their job is to catch balls and in saying that made an impact at that position.

As for the rest of his team , it's not his fault.

How do we know if the team really sucked? All the WR's were injured...If you recall coming into the season, Anquan Boldin was the #3 for the Cards and because of injuries after week 1 he was promoted to starter. That is the only reason he got so many passes his way and not to mention how many underneath routes and drags and stuff like that that he ran. He was pretty good but not a stud by any means.

helmetguy
04-09-2004, 03:03 PM
At 46, I'll take the "youngster" comment as a compliment. When I was a kid, we had "Strat-o-Matic." As for the Ps/2 or XBOX, I don't either one, and the only computer game I own is Tom Clancy's "SSN."

Mahdi
04-09-2004, 03:23 PM
when it comes down to it on draft day if im TD i take the best player avaiable in our need positions. With WR as #1 priority QB #2 and DL #3

so my first round draft board would look something like this

Roy
Mike
Ben Roe
Rivers
Udeze
Harris
i doubt ALL these guys will be gone.

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
At 46, I'll take the "youngster" comment as a compliment. When I was a kid, we had "Strat-o-Matic." As for the Ps/2 or XBOX, I don't either one, and the only computer game I own is Tom Clancy's "SSN."

Damn, talk about OLD SCHOOL. :abe:

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Mahdi
when it comes down to it on draft day if im TD i take the best player avaiable in our need positions. With WR as #1 priority QB #2 and DL #3

so my first round draft board would look something like this

Roy
Mike
Ben Roe
Rivers
Udeze
Harris
i doubt ALL these guys will be gone.

I'd be very surprised if more than one is.

justasportsfan
04-09-2004, 04:18 PM

How do we know if the team really sucked? All the WR's were injured...If you recall coming into the season, Anquan Boldin was the #3 for the Cards and because of injuries after week 1 he was promoted to starter. That is the only reason he got so many passes his way and not to mention how many underneath routes and drags and stuff like that that he ran. He was pretty good but not a stud by any means. you are missing my point. Regardless of who was healthy or not but for a "rookie" he did an awsome job. He made an instant contribution/impact coming of the draft at wr position.

Hell guys like Chambers can only wish he had those numbers. Even Peerless didn't have those numbers.

With Aiken and Coleman in there, I doubr TD will go w/ a wr though.

TigerJ
04-09-2004, 04:42 PM
I buy a lot of what Tatonka says about the Bills' problems last season. Much was due to a lack of protection and the wrong offensive system, one that Drew Bledsoe couldn't handle well even when he did have time. Moulds' injury was devastating too.

I do think that there are receivers who could make the offence better however. They don't have to be burners, though some speed is always nice. But a receiver who is too big or too fast, or a combination thereof, for one DB to cover effectively one on one takes away some of the choices that a defence has to try and defend against the pass. They can't just double Moulds and single everyone else. I think a second really strong receiver would force defences into a lot of zones. Then if your receivers are adept at finding seams underneath in the zone, you can hurt them that way too.

juice
04-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Under the zone with Reed and #2(?Shaw) and Moulds.. Over the top with Moulds and #2 speedster.

The Natrix
04-09-2004, 06:02 PM

:bf1: :10: :up:

...sometimes I wonder if people even watched the games.