View Full Version : Suspected Phins Schedule Leak

Mr. Miyagi
04-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Found this on another board. They said it was a schedule leak for the Dolphins:

Week 1 Browns @ Fins
Week 2 Fins @ Bills
Week 3 Fins @ Ravens
Week 4 Cardinals @ Fins
Week 5 Fins @ Patriots (Sunday night espn)
Week 6 Bye
Week 7 Jets @ Fins
Week 8 Titans @ Fins
Week 9 Fins @ Seahawks (monday night)
Week 10 Fins @ 49ers
Week 11 Rams @ Fins (sunday night espn)
Week 12 Bengals @ Fins
Week 13 Fins @ Jets
Week 14 Bills @ Fins
Week 15 Fins @ Broncos (monday night)
Week 16 Steelers @ Fins
Week 17 Patriots @ Fins

http://pub88.ezboard.com/ffootballblitzfrm41.showMessage?topicID=3804.topic

If this is true, they will have only 1 cold game in December. :eek:

That would suck BIG TIME for us. :down:

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't suck for us they still have to win those games.

Patrick76777
04-09-2004, 11:23 AM
I'm fine with it. I like going to Seattle on Monday night, flying home and heading right back to SF the next Sunday. That'll hurt

Mr. Miyagi
04-09-2004, 11:25 AM
I bet it's just some die hard fin fan who dreamed it up.

OpIv37
04-09-2004, 11:27 AM
the start of the schedule is pretty weak- Cleveland and Arizona? Not good

Ebenezer
04-09-2004, 11:41 AM
5 of the last 7 at home??

2 straight trips out west including the first one being a monday night??

Was it dated 4/1/04?

justasportsfan
04-09-2004, 11:54 AM
I doubt that's the official Sched. It's too perfect for the fins.

Tatonka
04-09-2004, 11:56 AM
that is a bunch of ****.

they will have to play buffalo and ne in the cold in the second half of the season.. and we will have to play them in the heat.. happens every year.

Ebenezer
04-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
that is a bunch of ****.

they will have to play buffalo and ne in the cold in the second half of the season.. and we will have to play them in the heat.. happens every year.

not every year...they never played up here late until 1987...

RedEyE
04-09-2004, 01:35 PM
If that schedule holds true, most likely the Bills home opener isn't until week 2. It's possible the Bills open with two home games, but not likely.

Ebenezer
04-09-2004, 01:40 PM
btw, when was the last time 1 team got two sunday night games in the same year....i don't know if that has ever happened...

dolfan25
04-09-2004, 01:59 PM
Miami last year played Buffalo and the Redskins on Sunday night. Actually a lot of teams play twice a year on Sunday nights.

saviorbledsoe
04-09-2004, 02:15 PM
HMmmmmmmmm i didnt know some teams got 9 home games :) its a bunch of sh1t

Kolbiss
04-09-2004, 02:36 PM
The dolphins have no chice but to have away games in december, it has to do with confilct wioth the the marlins or something to that nature. go to the miami herold, and ask jason coles. he has told people before

Mr B
04-09-2004, 02:41 PM
HMmmmmmmmm i didnt know some teams got 9 home games its a bunch of sh1t

LOL too funny!

Samphin1
04-09-2004, 09:00 PM
That schedule is bogus. I wish it was set up that way! :lol: Danny4804 is right, due to conflicts with the Marlins, our away games against division rivals are supposedly going to have to be in November/ December. I have heard this form numeous sources, including Wannstedt himself. What doesn't make sense is that if the Marlins go deep into the playoffs ( like last year), it would make more sense to get our away games out of the way first due to possible schedule conflicts. I have never understood the backwards notion of that logic but oh well. Someone is pullin gour leg's here. It is a nice schedule and I would love to have nine home games, but it just ain't gonna happen.

helmetguy
04-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1
Danny4804 is right, due to conflicts with the Marlins, our away games against division rivals are supposedly going to have to be in November/ December. I have heard this form numeous sources, including Wannstedt himself. What doesn't make sense is that if the Marlins go deep into the playoffs ( like last year), it would make more sense to get our away games out of the way first due to possible schedule conflicts. I have never understood the backwards notion of that logic but oh well.

The Jets had the same problem years ago when they shared Shea Stadium with the Mets. I'm a little surprised, though, that the Marlins have as much sway with the stadium operators down there. In the Jets' case, the Mets were the primary tenants of Shea, so they could dictate usage priorities. It may also be a case of time/expense of field repair.

Mr. Miyagi
04-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1
That schedule is bogus. Someone is pullin gour leg's here. It is a nice schedule and I would love to have nine home games, but it just ain't gonna happen.
:phew:

Samphin1
04-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy

The Jets had the same problem years ago when they shared Shea Stadium with the Mets. I'm a little surprised, though, that the Marlins have as much sway with the stadium operators down there. In the Jets' case, the Mets were the primary tenants of Shea, so they could dictate usage priorities. It may also be a case of time/expense of field repair.

Could be, it still doesn't make sense though. If they have trouble getting the stadium cleaned up, or a conflict with the Marlins, it would seem to me it would make life easier on everyone to push Phin home games back further into the schedule, wouldn't it? :huh: I think the plan is for the Marlins to get their own dang stadium so this isn't an issue any longer.

helmetguy
04-10-2004, 05:10 PM
I would agree with you 100%, except that, to even things out in the division, Miami comes north in the colder months for Buffalo, NE, and the Jets. It is as difficult for the Northern teams to prepare for the humidity of South Florida as it is for Miami to prepare (in Miami) for the late Autumn/Winter temperatures of the Northeast; or so the reasoning goes. Hope that helps.

Disgustipatex
04-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Actually, it checks out in every sense. And it's go so many intricate details, it's either a really, really well done fake or the real schedule.

First of all, the Cincinatti game on this one is incorrect. It's susposed to be in Cincy. This susposed schedule correctly states who we should be playing and where.

Second of all, the reasoning behind Miami's schedule having away games in Buffalo/New England is wrong. And I'll show you why.

Opening day for the NFL is Thursday, September 9th, the Patriots vs. Colts. The first day for all the other games besides MNF is Sunday, Sept 12th. Now align the schedule with the Marlins schedule (http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=fla&m=9&y=2004). It fits perfectly. There are no conflicts at Pro Player stadium. Obviously, at very least, if this is a fake, the faker managed to correctly figure out which weeks at the beginning of the season the Dolphins will be home/away. Highly unlikely if this were as much of a fraudulant fake as you guys think. Furthermore, weeks 5 and 6 are open, so any potential playoff dates for the Marlins are open on Sundays, which is prime time.

The amount of prime time games is correct, also. I believe Miami had 4-5 last season, and 4 before. This schedule has 4.

And furthermore, the first prime time game makes a ton of sense. If New England had a bye week before week 5(They would be one of 8 teams to have it at that point) and were undefeated, Miami and New England would be playing in prime time. What's so special about that? Miami would be playing to stop New England from breaking the 72-73 Dolphins win streak record.

Again, really, really well done fake, or real. Your average fan wouldnt be able to put together a schedule this good.

thefixer74
04-13-2004, 04:33 PM
It is BS. The Phins have to go to Cincy just like we do.It has Cincy going to Miami.Its WRONG.