PDA

View Full Version : If the bills dont make the playoffs.......

schobelisdaman
04-09-2004, 11:50 AM
If our Bills dont make the playoffs this year i will not be very dissapointed or surprised. As long as Bledsoe is starting i think our best shot is at 7-9. Take Rivers in the first....get him some playing time to get ready for next year...

Tatonka
04-09-2004, 11:58 AM
i will be very disappointed.. but not surprised.

i agree.

OpIv37
04-09-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by schobelisdaman
If our Bills dont make the playoffs this year i will not be very dissapointed or surprised. As long as Bledsoe is starting i think our best shot is at 7-9. Take Rivers in the first....get him some playing time to get ready for next year...

We were 8-8 with Bledsoe two years ago, and that was with Dumb and Dumber calling plays and an inept defense. I agree with the part about the playoffs- the Bills are still a long shot, but I think they'll do better than 7-9.

Bill Brasky
04-09-2004, 12:09 PM
if they dont make the playoffs i'll be pissed off. i'm sick of this team losing. this city needs to win a championship now, it's starting to get pathetic

Mr. Cynical
04-09-2004, 12:12 PM
As long as Bledsoe is starting i think our best shot is at 7-9. Take Rivers in the first....get him some playing time to get ready for next year...

:bf1:

THATHURMANATOR
04-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Your right guys. We probably shouldn't even play the games since Bledsoe will be at QB.....

justasportsfan
04-09-2004, 12:47 PM
I don't expect the bills to make the playoffs but I sure hope we sweep the fins though.

The_Philster
04-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Your right guys. We probably shouldn't even play the games since Bledsoe will be at QB.....

Maybe we should even give up hoping for the team to do well and cancel our seasons based on one player that some people don't like huh, Thurm?

Bill Brasky
04-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Maybe we should even give up hoping for the team to do well and cancel our seasons based on one player that some people don't like huh, Thurm?

seriously. if i was an annonymous visitor to this site and just read the posts i'd get the idea that 75% of us hated the bills.

The_Philster
04-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman
seriously. if i was an annonymous visitor to this site and just read the posts i'd get the idea that 75% of us hated the bills.

I think 75% might be a large number but I know what you mean. But you wanna hear the funny thing? It used to look worse. :chuckle:

RedEyE
04-09-2004, 01:25 PM
I don't know what the hell any of you are talking about. Every year I expect the Bills to give a 100% and make the damn playoffs. When they don't, not only am I completely dissapointed, but I'm suprised at the overall acceptance by some individuals. Show some freaking team spirit or go root for another team.

We have Bledsoe as QB! So freaking what. Look what Baltimore did with Trent Dilfer, look what the Giants had with Kerry Collins. Imo, the verdict is still out on Tom Brady and Jake Delhomme. Yeah Brady is a 2 time Super Bowl MVP, but I firmly believe that he made it there by listening to his superb coaching staff. Put him in Detroit, Chicago or Arizona and see what he can do. He's no John Elway, Jim Kelly, or Dan Marino. This is a different league and teams excel by winning together.

I like the team of guys the Bills have today. They're not superstars, but they are gritty, blue collar, machines giving it all they've got. Last season the Bills lost because of the ****ty coaches they had running the show. Even with man-boobs, the bills lost 4 games by measley 4 points or less.

Dallas - Lost by 4pts / Houston - Lost by 2pts / Indy - lost by 3pts / Tenn - lost by 2pts.

3 of those teams went to the playoffs. IMO, the Bills were only 3 filed goals away from being in the playoffs themselves. I have hope that this newstaff can correct it AND I already have confidence in this team to win big next year under a new and reviatalized support system.

Get on board the bandwagon now, come next year when the Bills are winning big there won't be room for you.

HAMMER
04-09-2004, 01:41 PM
That a boy Red Eye,

It's good to hear some optimism, far too many naysayers here right now. Your point about our slim margin of loss in so many games is spot on. Better coaching, and a few more plays made and they are wins. Last year was VERY disappointing, but we have to keep our heads up and have faith in our new staff.

ScottLawrence
04-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Im with RedEye except for the comment about Brady..... Brady is a really good Quarterback who always gets the job done.

I expect playoffs and nothing else.

CWOUSARET
04-09-2004, 01:48 PM
any chance for the "idiot bledsoe bashers" - anything, any thread, any chance - pathetic. i'm gonna have to stop reading the garbage in here i guess. these are not opinions - it is pathetic - just pathetic!

schobelisdaman
04-09-2004, 04:15 PM
sounds like we got some definite toughguys on a bills message board.......way to go

Demon
04-09-2004, 04:35 PM
My question is, does Donahoe keep his job if we fail to make the postseason?

I don't think he does.

justasportsfan
04-09-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Demon

I don't think he does. I think so too. I think we could be fighting for the no. 2 spot in the AFCE.

bills_7
04-09-2004, 04:42 PM
I am confident that we will make the playoffs and win the div....

11-5...

#1 D
#14 OFF

ScottLawrence
04-09-2004, 04:43 PM
It depends on how bad we lost out on the playoffs..... If we go 6-10 or 7-9 I think Donahoes gone but, if we go 9-7 or 10-6 and miss the playoffs he will probably stay.

THATHURMANATOR
04-09-2004, 04:48 PM

I don't think he does.

I think so yes unless we are 3-13 or something.

I am thinking that Playoffs are a definite possibility. I want to see how the new coaching staff changes the offense and if Bledsoe can turn things around.

I am not being naive and thinking Bledsoe will all the sudden be an MVP candidate or anything, actaully all I am hoping from him is to cut down on ints and sacks(which I hoping Mcnally will help with). Than coupled with the addition of Mcgahee and hopefully a speed WR our offense will be good enough to compliment our #2 rated Defense from last year.

Mr. Cynical
04-09-2004, 11:02 PM

I don't think he does.

IMO he will be fired unless we go at least 8-8 and show MAJOR improvement on the offense. If the O finishes in the bottom third of the league again he's out.

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by kal123

IMO he will be fired unless we go at least 8-8 and show MAJOR improvement on the offense. If the O finishes in the bottom third of the league again he's out.

He's president and GM. Raplph Wilson in't going to fire him.

Mr. Cynical
04-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

He's president and GM. Raplph Wilson in't going to fire him.

So what you are saying is that he has the job until either:

A) Ralph dies
B) Ralph sells the Bills
C) TD dies

:huh:

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 11:47 PM

So what you are saying is that he has the job until either:

A) Ralph dies
B) Ralph sells the Bills
C) TD dies

:huh:

That's what I think, yes.

Mr. Cynical
04-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

That's what I think, yes.

Wow...okay. Just making sure you were serious on that one. I still say he's gone after this year or the next if we are still sub 500 and/or the offense doesn't improve.

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 11:56 PM

Wow...okay. Just making sure you were serious on that one. I still say he's gone after this year or the next if we are still sub 500 and/or the offense doesn't improve.

When Raplh Wilson made Donahoe President and GM he has given 99.9 percent control of the team to him. Ralph is absolutely behind Donahoe.

Dozerdog
04-10-2004, 08:19 AM

Geez guys..... let's play the games and see what happend sbefor ejumping off the ledges.

If we go 14-2 are we going to all line up and say you were wrong? Or wil it be "Well, we got here despite him"

If we go 7-9, are we going to honestly analize why? "Well, even though 3 OL starters, McGahee, Moulds, Spikes, and Clements all got hurt, & we missed 3 game winning FGs, It's Bledsoe's fault...."

Play the games......whine later.

Whining now about events that may or may not happen really serves no purpose