PDA

View Full Version : My ideas for our 1st round draft pick...

DraftBoy
04-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Ok currently we hold the 13th pick in the draft and here is what I like at that posistion:

We stay put and pick at 13 only if:
DT Tommie Harris
Big Ben
Phillip Rivers
are there otherwise I would rather trade down

Posistions that I think we could trade down too:
18. New Orleans
19. Minnesotta
22. Dallas
23. Seattle
25. St. Louis

Players to take at any of these posistions would be:
G Vernon Carey
WR Lee Evans
OT Shawn Andrews

Personally I would rather trade down b.c their are 4 posistions that I think we need to address on Day 1: OL (G or C), DL (DT or DE), QB, and WR. A situation I like most of all would be this:

TRADE:
Minnesotta send 19th overall and 3rd for Buffalo 13th overall

19. OT Shawn Andrews
2. QB JP Losman
3a. DT Chad Lavalais
3b. Derrick Hamilton
4. C Nick leckey
5. DE Claude Harriot
6. FS/SS Glen Earl
7. FS Travis Wilson

If that was our Draft I would be estactic. mainly though I would be really really happy with our day 1 picks.

Tatonka
04-09-2004, 11:54 AM
i agree with everything that you put except the lee evans pick.. i cant justify the lee evans pick in the first round.. i know he is good.. but he is good if you get him in the 2nd.. i just think there will be so many wr options later..

if you replaced evans with grove, i would be happy.

DraftBoy
04-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Grove is an option but I dont know that I want him above pick 27. hes a nasty boy but Im not sure I want him in the 1st. Evans has blazing speed but I see your point.

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Grove is the nasty boy that I'm looking for in the 1st time in my life.-draftboy

:eek::whatthe::dizzy:

ryjam282
04-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i agree with everything that you put except the lee evans pick.. i cant justify the lee evans pick in the first round.. i know he is good.. but he is good if you get him in the 2nd.. i just think there will be so many wr options later..

if you replaced evans with grove, i would be happy.

I couldn't agree more....Evans did have a good workout but NOT THAT GOOD. He is still a very good 2nd round prospect.

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282

I couldn't agree more....Evans did have a good workout but NOT THAT GOOD. He is still a very good 2nd round prospect.

Evans ran a 4.3 I don't know how much faster a guy can go.

Tatonka
04-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

:lol:

it is not him specifically.. is is the quality of the others that can be had around him.

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 12:22 PM

:lol:

it is not him specifically.. is is the quality of the others that can be had around him.

I hear you but if this is another draft year Evans would be a no brainer 1st round pick.

ryjam282
04-09-2004, 12:24 PM

I hear you but if this is another draft year Evans would be a no brainer 1st round pick.

Exactly....and to answer you previous question

Antonio Brown runs like a 4.18 so that would be a good answer, right?

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282

Exactly....and to answer you previous question

Antonio Brown runs like a 4.18 so that would be a good answer, right?

I realize players are faster but with the receiving ability and speed evans isn't even a comparison to Brown.

ryjam282
04-09-2004, 12:29 PM
I know, I was simply answering the question :snicker:

Devin
04-09-2004, 12:31 PM
To much OL/DL FS

if it were a DE sure, we dont need a S.

DraftBoy
04-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Devin
To much OL/DL FS

if it were a DE sure, we dont need a S.

We dont need a S??!!? What the heck are you talking about even assuming Wire switches to FS we still got no depth behind him. OL and DL were our biggest problems last year so obviously need the most help.

DraftBoy
04-09-2004, 12:44 PM

I hate you

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy

I hate you

:( :snicker:

Tatonka
04-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
I hate you

lmao.. that was hillarious.

DraftBoy
04-09-2004, 12:50 PM
Lee Evans-
2003: 64 receptions for 1213 yards and 13TD's

His numbers more than allow for his draft posistion its NOT just his workout

DraftBoy
04-09-2004, 12:52 PM

lmao.. that was hillarious.

No it wasnt :down:

lordofgun
04-09-2004, 12:54 PM
There's no way Minnesota trades up. In fact, they'll probably let a few teams that were supposed to be after them pick ahead of them again.

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
There's no way Minnesota trades up. In fact, they'll probably let a few teams that were supposed to be after them pick ahead of them again.

I wish the Vikings we're picking 12th this year!:evil:

The_Philster
04-09-2004, 12:59 PM

:snicker: me too...I couldn't believe that when Valerie and I were listening to it on the way to the draft party last year. Talk about idiots.

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

:snicker: me too...I couldn't believe that when Valerie and I were listening to it on the way to the draft party last year. Talk about idiots.

Not only that but they have done it 2 years in a row!:rofl:

DraftBoy
04-09-2004, 01:04 PM
So why not make it 3?

ScottLawrence
04-09-2004, 01:48 PM
I stay put if one of these players are still there.....

WR Roy Williams
WR Reggie Williams
WR Mike Williams
QB Philip Rivers
QB Ben Rothlisberger
DE Will Smith
DE Kenechi Udeze
DT Thommie Harris.

Im thinking all 3 QB's will be off the board when we pick, Harris will most likely be gone.

Theres a chance for both defensive ends and 2 of those 3 recievers to be there at 13.

Tatonka
04-10-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
I stay put if one of these players are still there.....

WR Roy Williams
WR Reggie Williams
WR Mike Williams
QB Philip Rivers
QB Ben Rothlisberger
DE Will Smith
DE Kenechi Udeze
DT Thommie Harris.

Im thinking all 3 QB's will be off the board when we pick, Harris will most likely be gone.

Theres a chance for both defensive ends and 2 of those 3 recievers to be there at 13.

so assuming we take a wr in the first round.. when and with who would you like to see us address our needs at OL, DT, and QB?,

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-10-2004, 06:02 PM

:attn:

BillsMan80
04-10-2004, 11:41 PM
T, I'd go QB in the 2nd with Losman, and then address OG in the 3rd, or the other way around, OG in the 2nd with Snee or someone like that and then QB in the 3rd with Pickett, i.e., and I really don't see DL as a major need. We don't need to address DL until next year.

Dozerdog
04-11-2004, 12:05 AM
From what i have been reading- It's 50/50 that Buffalo picks at 13.

They will try to trade up, but i doubt they will be willing to make any significant sacrefices of picks or players. Before Portis went to the Skins, the y called about Henry and were rebuffed (Don't know what the offer was) Dallas also called inquiring.

(Got this off of an Ingtar-like scout on another forum)

However- New Orleans has an extra 2nd round pick- They have a Pie in the sky notion of getting Manning with the #1 in a trade with SD, but It's not going to happen. They are also enamoured with DeAngelo Hall, Dunta Robinson, and DJ Williams- and might be able and willing to trade up.

Minnesota will stay put-

Dallas is trying to steal Corey Dillon away from the Raiders- Both are interested in making a draft day deal for him. They need their late day 1 picks....I think Dillon will go for the 3rd rounder Dallas has. Dallas wants OL with the first 2 picks because Larry Allen will be a June 1 cap cut

Seattle? I don't think they want to trade up

St Louis- They have a bizzare QB situation. They Tendered Bulger in hopes that someone would bite and Garner them a 1st and 3rd round pick. They thought it was a strong possibility so they jumped the gun and overpaid Chris Chandler to be the #2. They may be stuck with him. They might use Bulger and picks to try and get the #1 from the Chargers, but it's not enough. They won't trade up otherwise, they don't have the cap room for an expensive top 10-15 pick.

Tatonka
04-11-2004, 12:14 AM
doz, you think the bills trade up or down?

Tatonka
04-11-2004, 12:15 AM
if rivers is still there at 10, i would give up next years second in a heartbeat to move up 3 spots.

Dozerdog
04-11-2004, 12:42 AM
Houston doesn't want next year's #2. They would rather take this year's #2 or some combination of other picks this year.

They want defense, and it depends on what defense is on the boards when they pick. If they feel the player or players they want are possibly not there at 13, they won't do it.

This guy "Bearcat04" ( he's a Cincy Bearcat alum) is a scout/draft consultant/cap consultant/ and registered agent with the NFL and has consulting deals with 5 clubs. 3 of the clubs he doesn't mention any info on until it happens in the news (Seattle, Carolina, Denver) Because he's forbidden to contracturally, and the other two are the Browns and Patriots. The Patriots are notoriously tight lipped so the only info he gets about them (outside of his dealings) come from the "network" of league buddies. He also seems to be tight with Al Davis , Mike Brown , and has dinner with Sam Wyche, Gibbs, Cower, and others.

It looks, according to him, that Atlanta is drafting defense. A CB or DL. New Orleans might trade up and go defense as well. DB or LB. Steelers are also leaning heavilly on defense, Hall or Dunta Robinson

Dozerdog
04-11-2004, 12:48 AM
if rivers is still there at 10, i would give up next years second in a heartbeat to move up 3 spots.

I think if the Bills do anything, If the Big 3 QBs are off the board, they will trade with New Orleans, or draft DL

To be honest- I have no friggin clue or gut feeling.

.....But if TD has done anything- he pulls **** out of his ass every draft- Bledsoe, then McGahee......Don't get to the TV at 12:05 on draft day....ya never know