PDA

View Full Version : Peter King wants to make sweet love to Rivers.

Tatonka
04-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Peter King was just on the Dan Patrick show on espn radio.. i dont know if anyone heard it.. but my god.. Dan Patrick actually commented on his infactuation with Rivers.

Basically Peter King said that anyone who watched the NCST vs. FSU and NCST vs. Ohio St. games last year that doesnt believe that Rivers is going to be an absolute stud is just high.. that is basically a quote..

he said the while Rivers doesnt have the arm of manning or the legs of ben, he has "IT". he described this same "IT" as what montana and marino and farve have. The love for the game and the ability to make things happen no matter what the situation or the circumstances.

he went on to say that in 10 years, robert gallery will have made the most probowls... but philip rivers will have made the most significant impact to his team.

he basically put the guy in the hall of fame already.

he also said that san diego REALLY wants him the most.. and that they will end up trading down with the giants for just an extra second rounder, and then attempt to trade down again a few more spots.. so that they can take Rivers and get more picks.

wow.:eekeek:

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 01:18 PM
Damn that is really high praise!

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 01:25 PM
This comming from the guy who said that Spurrier's offense would do great in the NFL and to draft Danny Wuerffle in your fantasy leagues when SS was a rookie coach and to do anything you can to get Randy Moss during Tice's rookie run because they were going to do everything in their power to get Randy the ball two years ago. I don't really trust his opinion and think he is a bit of an elitist and arrogant.

Devin
04-09-2004, 01:28 PM
thats what most say, they just dont air every comment.

Rivers is a stud, those who say he isnt simply havent done thier homework.

Or watch a game.

juice
Chargers want Rivers alot.

Patrick76777
I don't know. He kinda throws like a Queer!

Devin
04-09-2004, 01:30 PM
if thats the case hes a very smart very accurate one.

And of the 3 would start the sonnest and thrive.

Tatonka
04-09-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

i would rather have a queer winner than a straight qb with 5 kids and a farm that cant win a game.

Devin
04-09-2004, 01:36 PM
what he said.

carybillsfan
04-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Rivers is the real deal, trust me, Peter King is not the only one hyped up on Rivers. San Diego likes him so much that contract numbers have been passed back and fourth, and they've been said to be making a strong play for him at #1 if they can't trade down!

When you watch him play you just see a winner at work he's calm & collective. He will be a great in the NFL, but more than likely not for the Bills.

Patrick76777
04-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

i would rather have a queer winner than a straight qb with 5 kids and a farm that cant win a game.

Aren’t you getting awfully close to breaking some sort of treaty???

Patrick76777
04-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by carybillsfan
Rivers is the real deal, trust me, Peter King is not the only one hyped up on Rivers. San Diego likes him so much that contract numbers have been passed back and fourth, and they've been said to be making a strong play for him at #1 if they can't trade down!

When you watch him play you just see a winner at work he's calm & collective. He will be a great in the NFL, but more than likely not for the Bills.

But he throws like a 14 year old girl!

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 01:40 PM

It's broken you tried T but it's over.

Devin
04-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Patrick what is your obsession with his motions?

Does it matter how it gets thrown if it gets where it needs to be?

Patrick76777
04-09-2004, 01:43 PM
obsession?

Just a comment!

Devin
04-09-2004, 01:46 PM
just a few comments, how can you argue his release given he was the most accurate college QB last year.

juice
04-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by carybillsfan

Finally A source that would know the inside scoop... Speak upon it CBF.

Patrick76777
04-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Devin
just a few comments, how can you argue his release given he was the most accurate college QB last year.

I didn't say he wasn't accurate!

I said he throws the football like my little sister!

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 01:49 PM

That looks like a not so thinly veiled bash at Bledsoe. :)

The Spaz

I didn't say he wasn't accurate!

I said he throws the football like my little sister!

How far can you're sister throw the ball?

Devin
lol T smooooth

The_Philster
04-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

Drew only has 3 kids, though :scratch:

justasportsfan
04-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Drew only has 3 kids, though :scratch: Doesn't he also have a ranch instead of a farm?

Tatonka
04-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Aren’t you getting awfully close to breaking some sort of treaty???

Originally posted by The Spaz
It's broken you tried T but it's over.

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

I WAS TALKING ABOUT ANY STRAIGHT QB WITH 5 KIDS THAT HAS A FARM!!!

bledsoe only has 3 kids anyway. :snicker:

i was referring to a totally different person. no bledsoe bash there at all.. you guys want me to break the truce.. but i wont..

"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you don't want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to! "

:duel:

Tatonka
04-09-2004, 02:19 PM
boooom.. what cho think of that, soldiers.

lordofgun
04-09-2004, 02:23 PM

Too long...didn't read it.

The Spaz
04-09-2004, 02:26 PM

http://www.dife.de/dife/presse/ear.gif

Tatonka
04-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Too long...didn't read it.

like you can read.. pffff.

THATHURMANATOR
04-09-2004, 03:47 PM

LOL

Captain gameboy
04-09-2004, 04:06 PM
I was going to hold on to this until after the draft, because I thought we woudl either grab Rivers in the first or Schaub later on.
I have seen both play many times, Schaub more often, but both head to head.
My kids play sports with members of the UVA staff, and many of those coaches have run QB clinics for years wherein Rivers has been looked at, as well as played against during the season.
The word among those guys is that Rivers is the most likely to succeed, the quickest, in the NFL environment.
Al Groh coaches UVA, and he's an ex NFL guy, as most know.
The word is that Rivers has the best ability to go through reads/checkdowns and make a play. On a pure velcity/long ball scale, he isn't Manning or Ben. In the short game, he's the best.

With the success of Brady, he looks pretty attractive to scouts/GM's, and the NFL is all about recent success.
He is a very quick study, goes through the reads faster than anybody, and his upper torso rotation, Marino like release, is deadly accurate in the short-med game.
Here's the point. His stock has not risen exponentially because of NC State's success or his post season trophies.
It's because he looks a lot like recent, very successful NFL guys.
Take that for what it's worth.

Devin
04-09-2004, 04:17 PM
couldnt agree more and have read a lot of that myself. Very wel done. Nice post.

Consensus seems to be RIvers is a ridiculously quick learner, and loves to just study playbooks. Many see him as the most starter ready.

And his progressions through recievers is practically flawless, why most any reciever could thrive here if Rivers was developed properly.

Patrick76777
04-16-2004, 08:08 AM
couldnt agree more and have read a lot of that myself. Very wel done. Nice post.

Consensus seems to be RIvers is a ridiculously quick learner, and loves to just study playbooks. Many see him as the most starter ready.

And his progressions through recievers is practically flawless, why most any reciever could thrive here if Rivers was developed properly.

Too bad he throws like a girl!

Patrick76777
04-16-2004, 08:08 AM

Tatonka
04-16-2004, 08:12 AM
too bad you repeated yourself.

Patrick76777
04-16-2004, 08:12 AM
Yeah! I know!

Earthquake Enyart
04-16-2004, 08:20 AM

Log, phil and :bigmike2: throw like girls. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

The thing with Rivers is his release. He gets rid of the ball faster than anyone in the draft. Even if he does throw like a girl.

Patrick76777
04-16-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

Log, phil and :bigmike2: throw like girls. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

The thing with Rivers is his release. He gets rid of the ball faster than anyone in the draft. Even if he does throw like a girl.

Log, phil and :bigmike2: are girls!

Earthquake Enyart
04-16-2004, 08:28 AM
I'm not sold on Rivers in cold or windy weather.

Big Ben is a no brainer with the gun he has. :up:

lordofgun
04-16-2004, 09:23 AM
Log, phil and :bigmike2: are girls!

That's just wrong to lump me in there.

Tatonka
04-16-2004, 09:26 AM
That's just wrong to hump me in there.

:puke:

The Spaz
04-16-2004, 09:28 AM
That's just wrong to hump me in that spot.

:eek::whatthe: