PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter Everyone!!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Hope everyone has a great safe easter and if your traveling drive safely.

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Happy Resurrection Day!

Sorry if that is too holy roller for you. :D

Valerie
04-09-2004, 04:19 PM
We're not up to Easter or Resurrection Day just yet. How about Happy Good Friday, the day Jesus died on the cross for our sins. :)

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Valerie
We're not up to Easter or Resurrection Day just yet. How about Happy Good Friday, the day Jesus died on the cross for our sins. :)

As much as I know how much of a sad day this is in the Christian faith, I prefer to think of the happy day in two days.

Besides, in my church, we do the dying on the cross thing on Thursday night.

Have a good one.

Valerie
04-09-2004, 06:13 PM
It's a sad day in the fact that Jesus died, but he died for such a good reason. That's why it's Good Friday rather than sad or mournful Friday. We're doing the crucifixion tonight at the 8pm service.

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Are you doing the Stations?

It has been a long time since I participated in a Catholic service.

Valerie
04-09-2004, 08:25 PM
I did Stations at noon. I was actually very good this Lent. I did Stations every Friday night during Lent. :) The only service in the entire year I've never been to is the Easter Vigil mass on Saturday night. From what I've heard it's the most beautiful mass but it's also the longest. Every year I say I'll go next year. Maybe I'll go tomorrow night. I'm still debating.

What religion do you practice now, Chernobylwraiths? I converted from Lutheran to Catholic about 7 years ago.

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2004, 08:50 PM
I converted from Catholic to Presbyterian a little over 10 years ago. I was getting married and I wanted to raise any children we have in the same religion. I really like my church, but it has many things that are different from the Catholic church. However, I don't necessarily think of myself as a former Catholic or a Presbyterian. I think of myself as Christian.

Valerie
04-10-2004, 10:59 AM
That's awesome what you did, converting. My dad is Lutheran and my mom is Catholic. Neither one wanted to convert, so my mom gave in and agreed to get married in a Lutheran church and raise any kids they had Lutheran. She was very good about going to class to learn a little bit more about the Lutheran practices. It's really not much different from Catholicism. And my brothers and I went to church every Sunday with my dad. He was also very good about raising us with religion. It was sad that my mom never came to church with us, but it wasn't too bad since she still gave us her Catholic influences throughout the year. Like no meat on Fridays, silence on Good Friday between noon and 3pm. I am the only one out of my three younger brothers who still practices some sort of religion. I'm happy with my decision to convert (although my dad was extremely hurt and angry with me). And, I hope I find a guy willing to at least go to mass with me and raise our kids Catholic. Your wife is a very lucky lady!!! :)

Philagape
04-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Happy Good Friday (final victory over sin) and Resurrection Day (glorious victory over death).

:D