PDA

View Full Version : Draft update

Bmax
04-10-2004, 02:07 AM
WITH TWO WEEKS TO GO HERE'S WHAT SHAPING UP FOR THE 2004 DRAFT....

The sd chargers are shopping their pick big time...

TEAMS ON THE RADAR SEEM TO BE THE GIANTS AND MABE JAGS WHO ARE LOOKING AT MOVING UPTO GWET A TOP WR ...JAX WILL MORE THAN LIKELY LIKE TO MOVE UP TO GET ROY WILLIAMS OR MIKE WILLIAMS.

The can't miss prospect is robert gallery from iowa....look for the browns or chargers to move on him with san diego trading down to pick him...

The player who seems to be droping is chris gamble.. his slower than normal 40 times _4.53..and inexperience are the major reasons. Players wjho are also nose diving MIKE CLAYTON-LSUdown to the bottom of rd 2 speed also a concern...4.55-4.60

Players on the rise... lee evans great workouts .. knee is sound no sign of injury after major surgery nad 40 time of 4.38 helps ..great hands ..no way he slides to rd 2

In my opinon he could be a better player than mike or reggie williams.. more mature than both... Jp losman.. some scouts have him climbing into rd 1 ...could buffalo trade down and pick him up in the 20's for an extra pick in rd or 3...?

Another player on the rise is shawnte spencer from pitt .. he has
had super workouts and some boards have him moving into rd 1 ....spencer was considereda 7th rd pick a couple months ago...

shane andrews once considered a top 10 lock dropped down boards after reportedly eatting his way to almost 400lbs...andrews weighed 366 at the combine and dropped into the 20's....But since then he has been working hard and now weighs about 345 .....if he can paly at 330 look out this guy couldbe a monster run smasher at rt he looks to drafted between 11-20 with steelers and dolphins having interest.

and finally don't forget about ben watson his 4.45 to 4.50-40 times could have moved him into the lower part of rd 1 ....but more likely rd2...

Players for bills to stay away from phillip rivers in rd 1 ...i will always go with my instincts.. save your money until rd 2 .....Tommie harris i just don't see him being a dominant player loked average in sugar bowl against a good lsu line...why do we need a dt that high when our offense stinks... Mike williams.. we need a speed wr not a big young immature possession guy.. the kid just turned 20 in january.....

PLAYERS TO GET ON DRAFT DAY...

1. LEE EVANS -4.38-great hands ...rd 1

2.JP LOSMAN-4.65-40 GOOD ARM COCKY KID ..not at 13 get him after trading down or rd 2..

3.Will poole in rd 2 possibilty..nate clements insurance ..

4. Ben watson-rd 2 guy could he be the reason why we passed on roland williams.

5.Will smith-wish ful thinking bills won't draft a de in rd 1

6.REGGIE WILLIAMS-6-4-225-4.48-40.. faster than mike and may be better..had a lot of big plays for washington with plenty of big gainers...rd 1

7. jake grove in rd 3 tough center.. he is a mean son of as gun

The Spaz
04-10-2004, 08:46 AM
I don't think Jake Grove will last until the 3rd round an dif he does he'll be gone before our pick in the round.

Michael82
04-10-2004, 09:29 AM
Why the hell would anyone want to move up to #1 overall just to take Mike Williams or Roy Williams? IMO, I'd take any of the top 3 receivers and you dont need #1 overall for them.

buffmaniac
04-10-2004, 09:35 AM
My 2 scenarios:

If Mike or Roy Williams are available at 13
Then
1. Mike/Roy Williams
2. Ben Watson
3. Matt Schaub

If Mike/Roy Williams both gone
Then I trade down in first and pick up extra second and then also trade up from our original second round pick into the late first by giving up a third and seventh round pick. Then
1a. Lee Evans
1b. Ben Troupe
2. J. P. Losman

BigZ
04-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I don't think Jake Grove will last until the 3rd round an dif he does he'll be gone before our pick in the round.

Agreed. If he were there for our 2nd round I'd grab him but I don't even think he'll last that long.

Dozerdog
04-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Jacksonville isn't going to trade up to get a WR- if they do, they are stupid. They could get 2 or 3 top WR's for what they would give up to get Roy W.

Would you want Roy Williams with trade up, or get a Mike Williams AND a Rahaun Woods/Lee Evans/Jenkins with the second round pick you would give up.

Dozerdog
04-10-2004, 10:17 AM
Lee Evans at 13? No way. trade down if you are in love with the guy- and only do that if your stud DE/DT are off the board

Tatonka
04-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by buffmaniac
My 2 scenarios:

If Mike or Roy Williams are available at 13
Then
1. Mike/Roy Williams
2. Ben Watson
3. Matt Schaub

If Mike/Roy Williams both gone
Then I trade down in first and pick up extra second and then also trade up from our original second round pick into the late first by giving up a third and seventh round pick. Then
1a. Lee Evans
1b. Ben Troupe
2. J. P. Losman

i am sorry bud.. but either one of those first 3 picks and i would be disguisted.

Tatonka
04-10-2004, 05:27 PM
i just dont see how people think we can wait to round 3 and four to address the biggest needs on the teams.. the o and d lines.

buffmaniac
04-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i just dont see how people think we can wait to round 3 and four to address the biggest needs on the teams.. the o and d lines.

I wouldn't address OL early on because we have some good young guys on our team already (Jennings, Williams, Sullivan) I think we just need McNally to mold them into a solid unit. And I think he can because he has done alot more with alot less while he was in NY.

As for DL, there is no way we draft DT early on after the signing of Gibson. At DE, it sounds like the Bills want to keep Schobel next offseason and it also sounds like the Bills want to give Denney and Kelsay a shot at the other DE spot. Both of those guys are still very young. So that is why I am not expecting DL early on either.

Besides we need a WR and/or TE. If Moulds gets hurt, who is your go to guy. Reed, Shaw, or Campbell? This offense needs some more receiving weapons.