PDA

View Full Version : Fanball.com Mock Draft

Mr. Miyagi
04-10-2004, 09:47 AM
1. San Diego Chargers: Eli Manning, QB, Mississippi
Comment: The Chargers publicly claim that all three of the top quarterback prospects intrigue them. They've also scheduled visits for receiver Larry Fitzgerald and safety Sean Taylor, but we hear they're increasingly enamored with Manning.

2. Cleveland Browns: Robert Gallery, T, Iowa
Comment: The Rams are asking too much for Orlando Pace, and the Browns are in desperate need of a substantial upgrade to their offensive line. Gallery provides just that, for the cost of their first-round pick (#7 overall) and a later pick (as high as a third-rounder). If the Raiders aren't biting, the Browns could still deal with Arizona, as Denny Green's son is in the Cleveland front office. If the Cards are convinced that Larry Fitzgerald would fall to the seventh pick, that's the deal that will get made.

3. Arizona Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Pittsburgh
Comment: Roy Williams' recent display of speed may cause Dennis Green to pause a bit here, but we believe he's still sold on Fitzgerald as his guy.

4. New York Giants: Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Miami-OH
5. Houston Texans: Sean Taylor, S, Miami-FL
6. Detroit Lions: Kellen Winslow, Jr., TE, Miami-FL
7. Oakland Raiders: Roy Williams, WR, Texas
8. Atlanta Falcons: Tommie Harris, DT, Oklahoma
9. Jacksonville Jaguars: Kenechi Udeze, DE, USC
10. Washington Redskins: Will Smith, DE, Ohio State
11. Pittsburgh Steelers: Philip Rivers, QB, N.C. State
12. New York Jets: DeAngelo Hall, CB, Virginia Tech

13. Buffalo Bills: Mike Williams, WR, USC
Comment: The Bills have needs at defensive end and cornerback, but given their lack of production on offense last season, the onus is on Mike Mularkey to score some points. Williams has the type of top-five talent Buffalo cannot ignore.

Full article (http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.2409)

Udeze, Will Smith and DeAngelo Hall going in top #12??? :whatthe:

The Spaz
04-10-2004, 09:51 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42761&highlight=fanball+mock+draft

BigZ
04-10-2004, 09:52 AM
If the draft goes like this list, then this probably wouldn't be a bad pick.

I agree that it's unlikely that all of the guys we covet (Rivers, Big Ben, Smith, Hall, Winslow and Udeze) will all be gone by our pick. I think we'll get one of them.

McBFLO
04-10-2004, 10:14 AM
I dont know why everyone keeps saying we need a CB. We don't We have Vincent for a year or two before he moves to FS, then either mcGee or Thomas will take over, if not a future draft pick. But it is NOT such an immediate need that we would have to use a 1st round pick on it. IMO, the Bills go for either Rivers, the highest rated WR left on the board, or they trade down to get more picks.

The Spaz
04-10-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by pepperkorn
I dont know why everyone keeps saying we need a CB. We don't We have Vincent for a year or two before he moves to FS, then either mcGee or Thomas will take over, if not a future draft pick. But it is NOT such an immediate need that we would have to use a 1st round pick on it. IMO, the Bills go for either Rivers, the highest rated WR left on the board, or they trade down to get more picks.

That's true but TD has said many times you can't have too many quaility CB's.

Dozerdog
04-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Actually, this draft is one of the better ones I've seen.

We can address CB in a later round. I'm hoping the Big 3 WR's are off the board, making our decision a little easier (and dropping a top talent at a need position to us)

I'm all for trading down if it happens

McBFLO
04-10-2004, 10:41 AM
I'd be fine with a CB in say, the 4th or 5th round, as long as we meet some other needs first (QB, WR, C, TE, maybe a DT, maybe a G). I would say DE too, but I just can't see them investing another high pick on a DE just yet. I still think they're holding out to see at what Kelsay can do.

mypoorfriendme
04-10-2004, 12:11 PM
i say if tommie harris, roy and mike williams, and both rivers and ben are all off the board at 13, trade down enough to get another mid to late second rounder