PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Rumors on the draft

Dozerdog
04-10-2004, 10:43 AM
This is the supposed Ingtar-like NFL advisor who posts on SportsRumorMill.com.

I'm waiting to see how this stuff pans out- but it is interesting fodder none-the-less

http://www.sportsrumormill.com/viewtopic.php?t=16856

="BearcatMania04"

-Hello everyone I have much to share as things are changing quickly.

First what seemed like a sure thing trade has now been cut off. I reported to you previously that through reliable sources I expected Dillon to be traded to Dallas on draft day 1. Well, Parcell's decided as of this morning to redo there entire draft strategy. Is this the result of the expected release of Larry Allen? You bet it is. Parcell's will now make filling line needs a priority in the four rounds. They need a OT and G and he plan to address these needs. He doesn't want to forfeit any draft picks that may effect his ability to obtain the players he covets. So who do they want?
Jacob Rogers or Kelly Butler at OT
Cris Snee or Sean Locklear at G
Parcell's believes both of these players have the ability to be instant starters.
So what happens to Dillon? Interestingly enough I spoke with Charlie Weis today who informed me that the Patriots are back in the hunt for Dillon.
On a side not Charlie said nothing has been decided regarding Ty Law.

Cleveland has placed and emphasis on talkign with the Chargers to trade up to #1. Northcutt is included in potential trade offers I called coach Schottenheimer today who elaborated that they are so far impressed with Cleveland's initial offer. No decision will be made unti the draft though according to coach.

Arizona's top 5 draft board in order:
L. Fitzgerald
S. Taylor
Eli Manning
Tommie Harris
Robert Gallery

NY Giants top 5 draft board:
Robert Gallery
Eli Manning
Ben Roehtlisberger
Sean Taylor
Roy Williams

I will post additional draft boards soon.

I as well as my colleagues are responsible for forcasting the first round of the draft. This allows us to assist teams in scenario planning. Thsi is extremely beneficial when teams are interested in trading for a particlular player. Our list is the result of numerous conversations with team officials and fellow consultants. The key in compiling this list is not to expose team secrets and strategy. Our lists has been subnitted so I will share it with you in my next post. You as well as others will refer to this as a mock draft. The only difference is this list is based on team comments and actions to date. Enjoy and I welcome your comments.

="BearcatMania04"

This list is more accurate for the top 15 rather than the entirety. Additionally, this list now in the hands of certain teams will no doubt change as teams begin intense negotiations. This list is used as a start for the teams in final preparation of the draft.

San Diego to Cleveland OT Robert Gallery Browns trade Northcutt, #68 and a 2005 3rd round choice for #1.
Raiders WR Larry Fitzgerald No intention to trade.
Arizona S Sean Taylor Will entertain trade offers.
Giants QB Eli Manning No intention to trade.
Redskins DT Tommie Harris No intention to trade.
Lions TE Kellen Winslow No intention to trade.
Browns to San Diego QB Ben Roethlisberger
Falcons DE Wil Smith No intention to trade.
Jaguars WR Roy Williams May trade up for Williams.
Texans DE Keneche Udez No intention to trade.
Steelers DB Dunta Robinson No intention to trade.
Jets OLB DJ Williams No intention to trade.
Buffalo QB Philip Rivers Interested in Winslow.
Bears DT Vince Wilfork No intention to trade.
Bucs DT Randy Starks Interested in Harris.
49ers WR Reggie Williams No intention to trade.
Bengals DB Chris Gamble No intention to trade.
Siants DB DeAngelo Hall Some interest in Manning and Taylor
Vikings G Vernon Carey No intention to trade.
Dolphins OT Shaun Andrews No intention to trade.
Patriots DT Marcus Tubbs No intention to trade.
Cowboys G Justn Smiley Interest in Carey.
Seahawks DT Darnell Dockett Interesated in Harris.
Broncos OLB Karlos Dansby No intention to trade.
Packers DE Antwan Odom No intention to trade.
Rams TE Ben Troupe Unknown intentions.
Titans OT Jacob Rogers No intention to trade.
Eagles ILB Jonathen Vilma May move up for a LB.
Colts ILB Teddy Lehman No intention to trade.
Chiefs WR Michael Clayton May move up for Roy Williams.
Panthers DB Derrick Straight No intention to trade.
Patriots G Cris Snee No intention to trade.

TigerJ
04-10-2004, 11:01 AM
If this guy turns out to be legit, and teams don't clam up because information is being leaked that they'd like kept from the public, this is going to take all the suspense out of it. How soon before some national media guy latches on to this and it ends up on ESPN?

L.A. Playa
04-10-2004, 11:09 AM
How legit can it be no Mike Williams in the 1st round????

justasportsfan
04-10-2004, 11:10 AM
SD for Big Ben? If legit all this SD talk wanting Rivers is a smokescreen . They want Ben over Rivers.Hmmm.

Dozerdog
04-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by pmacla
How legit can it be no Mike Williams in the 1st round????

I think it's all just a team's "wish list" - If Mike W is there, someone will take him

Dozerdog
04-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Plus, teams might not be including him pending the outcome of the lawsuit......

DraftBoy
04-10-2004, 11:28 AM
Well this does match the other thread saying the G-men would take Gallery if they got the #1 pick.

justasportsfan
04-10-2004, 11:47 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

RIVERS TO STEELERS OR BILLS?

Another rumor making the rounds is that N.C. State quarterback Philip Rivers will be selected within the first thirteen picks.

A league source tells us that Rivers will go to the Steelers at No. 11 or to the Bills at No. 13.

This is more legit :snicker:

Dozerdog
04-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Is the master of the obvious at it again?

Tatonka
04-10-2004, 12:00 PM
river to buffalo.. mikey, do you like the sound of that?

:snicker2:

mypoorfriendme
04-10-2004, 12:01 PM
like tonk and i agreed on before, the lions and steelers are determing whos available at 13, if lions go RB and the steelers go DB, were in GREAT shape.

also, if the chargers have all the qbs ranked the same, i could easily see them trading down to anywhere before 11 to ensure they can atleast get rivers if they do want to go QB

JJamezz
04-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
river to buffalo.. mikey, do you like the sound of that?

:snicker:

mypoorfriendme
04-10-2004, 03:10 PM
rivers doesnt look too happy in that pick

:(

Dozerdog
04-10-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
rivers doesnt look too happy in that pick

:(

It's his "Badass" look

mypoorfriendme
04-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

It's his "Badass" look

:lol:

RedEyE
04-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Interesting thread.

I'd really hate seeing Dillion in NE. frightening.

I do think that Buffalo will get a shot at Rivers or Rothlisberger.

Devin
04-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Damn right jjamezz

JefftheBillsfan
04-10-2004, 09:47 PM
this guys gotta be full of crap. i can understand him having sourses to 1 certain team and letting out leaks. but i'm pretty sure the cards/giants gave out their top 5. and if he was speaking with Charlie Weiss the other day, I had a drink with the Easter bunny. give me a break.

Dozerdog
04-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
this guys gotta be full of crap. i can understand him having sourses to 1 certain team and letting out leaks. but i'm pretty sure the cards/giants gave out their top 5. and if he was speaking with Charlie Weiss the other day, I had a drink with the Easter bunny. give me a break.

Well, I'm as skeptical as anyone...my posts here challnge anything out of the ordinary.

I sat through 3 hours tonight reading all 145 posts this guy made on that forum going back to January.- and I'm convinced he's not making any of this crap up. There is waaayyy to much detail involved in his posts ......

I went in looking to nail him as a phony- (it was a lot of fun doing it to Brian H) and I can't do it. Either he is the most elaborate liar and fiction writer (and he would have had to have read a hundred sites and papers a day to make up half of this stuff) or the real thing. He's actually provided more proof of who he says to be on that site than Ingtar has... and I beleive Ingtar 100000% In one post he gave his home town residence (Dayton) his agent listing #, and a phone number at the NFL to verify- everything but a name (for obvious reasons)

Apparently, he's a paid draft/cap consultant who is also registered as an agent with the NFL. (Has no clients - probably would have to sever the consulting ties) He lists Seattle, The Broncos, Carolina, New England, and Cleveland as teams he has contracts with- and apparently also did some work with the Raiders and Bengals.

His contracts does not allow him to discuss Seattle, Carolina, or Denver- anyhtring he tells you about them is reported already or is just basic observations (He butchered the Panthers and their lack of FA moves despite the SB appearance) He also tells you little about the Pats, since the organization are like Nazi's when it comes to keeping secrets.

He had a great post about how The Raiders got Sapp, how they basically had a spy informing from within the Bengal organization. (That guy has since been canned) on negotiations, and how they swept in and grabbed him.

I dunno. I'm going to post his musings here - he's got some real interesting takes on the draft- Especially how Dallas and the Raiders will be competing for Corey Dillon on draft day. Maybe teams tell him stuff and that's how they spread rumors and misinformation between each other.

It's going to be an action packed draft- so stay tuned.

Dozerdog
04-11-2004, 01:40 AM
Highlights from "Bearcatmania04"

- Thinks Henson will be a starter by mid season and the real deal. (Was on the Bills interest in him- Wyche almost considered him a Bill for a while- they were that close)

- Detroit wants a RB- may trade down (NE ? For Taylor??)

- Steelers want a CB, Atlanta will go Defense with their top picks

- N Orleans wants Dunta Robinson, or DJ Williams (Trade w/ Buffalo??)

- Bills inquiring with SD on the #1 for Manning (Not serious, yet) or with a top 5 team

- Bills rebuffed early trade talks with Skins for Henry (Before Portis Deal was done) Dallas asked about Henry

- He was dead on with the whole Terrell Owens trade debacle- and that Andy Reid wasn't warm on the idea in the first place- But owner Jeffry Lurie pushed it through

- Baltimore is interested in Northcutt, but Cleveland hates Baltimore and won't trade him there. Baltimore is trying an end-run, dealing Northcutt through San Diego.

- The biggest chance the Chargers deal the #1 is to Cleveland, who really wants Gallery. They might swap Northcutt, the 7th pick, and another pick or two to get him.

- Dillon will be dealt on draft day- Look for the Raiders and Cowbys...3rd round pick mentioned

- Seahawks and Skins talking trade on draft day regarding LB Jerimiah Trotter

gonzo1105
04-11-2004, 01:52 AM
I think this should be marked at the top of the page until after draft day to see just how good this guy was with his predictions therefore when next year comes around we can either look for more insights or scrape him as a potential idea

Mr. Cynical
04-11-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
- Bills inquiring with SD on the #1 for Manning (Not serious, yet) or with a top 5 team

IF this was true, and IF it happens, and even if it meant next year's 1st round as well, I will send TD a thank you letter every day during the season. (not being sarcastic...I want a franchise QB and it would be hard to argue against the odds of Eli becoming one)

mypoorfriendme
04-11-2004, 03:04 AM
but you have to keep in mind how much we would have to lose in the process. for sure no second rounder this year and probably something like no first the next. personally i would hate to risk that much on a QB when about half of them turn out to be busts. especially in this draft i think we should get all the picks we can which is why im for trading down if a superstar isnt there at 13

BuffaloRanger
04-11-2004, 03:26 AM
Franchise QBs don't win SuperBowls...Teams do.

P Manning - no
McNabb- no
McNair - no

Buffalo can't develop a QB (never have done it) for a variety of reasons. We need to pick one (Ramsey, maybe) in FA next offseason and make him the starter.

B-DON
04-11-2004, 03:38 AM
montana-yes
aikman-yes
young-yes

franchise qb's can win and i would still take any of the 3 qb's(mcnair,mcnabb,manning) over dilfer but he won a superbowl

The_Philster
04-11-2004, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by B-DON
montana-yes
aikman-yes
young-yes

franchise qb's can win and i would still take any of the 3 qb's(mcnair,mcnabb,manning) over dilfer but he won a superbowl

:huh: They did it by themselves? Every QB needs good talent surrounding him. There was outstanding talent surrounding each one of the QBs you mentioned. With the exception of Young, who only went once, they've gotten Super Bowl rings where someone else has won MVP. If they're winning it on their own, shouldn't they have gotten each of those rings? :idunno:
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
Franchise QBs don't win SuperBowls...Teams do.

P Manning - no
McNabb- no
McNair - no

B-DON
04-11-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster

:huh: They did it by themselves? Every QB needs good talent surrounding him. There was outstanding talent surrounding each one of the QBs you mentioned. With the exception of Young, who only went once, they've gotten Super Bowl rings where someone else has won MVP. If they're winning it on their own, shouldn't they have gotten each of those rings? :idunno:

when u have a franchise qb he makes other players that arent stars play better(brady,farve,mcnair). when u dont have a franchise qb u for sure have a better supporting cast making up for the lack at qb. so what is your argument?

The_Philster
04-11-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by B-DON
when u have a franchise qb he makes other players that arent stars play better(brady,farve,mcnair). when u dont have a franchise qb u for sure have a better supporting cast making up for the lack at qb. so what is your argument?

I think I made it pretty simple. No player wins games on his own. As far as making players better around him, that's a rare breed. Favre is in that breed...McNair...I'm not sure...Brady isn't..at least not yet. In any event, even the great QBs like Montana, Young, Favre, Kelly, Aikman...had plenty of talent around them to help them win titles.

matt
04-15-2004, 09:58 AM
You can make the argument that at every position you need or dont need a big player, bad players have been on Super Bowl winning teams. The bottom line is you can win a Super Bowl with the less then stellar QB exp. T. Dilfer, however 34 other examples of good QBs winning Super Bowls, so it does not hurt to have a franchise with a franchise QB. Unless you have a defense with R lewis at M linebacker.