PDA

View Full Version : I'm in a mock draft

chernobylwraiths
04-10-2004, 09:28 PM
I'm in a mock draft with another guy (sportsuser) from the ESPN boards. Every team has one or two GMs and we got to draft for the Bills. It was kind of a screwy draft in that you could do just about anything including trade guys on your roster and trade for next year's draft picks. This is how our draft went.

Traded our third round pick in this year's draft for FS Adrian Wilson from the Cards.
First round in our slot we got Udeze DE from USC
Gallery, Winslow, Roy/Mike Williams, Fitzgerald, Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Tommie Harris, Taylor, Wilfork, Andrews all drafted in front of us not in that order)
Second round in our pick we got Jake Grove
We were going to try to trade up and get Rashaun Woods but he was picked before the team we were going to trade with)
We then traded Jeff Posey for Arizona's third rounder that we gave them. We then took that pick and our fourth rounder and traded them to Carolina for their second round pick. THEN we traded that second round pick and a 4th from next year to NE for their second #56 I think and a sixth this year.
With that pick we took JP Losman.

Like I said it was kind of a screwy draft and some guys made some supremely idiotic trades and picks, but wouldn't it me nice if we could get those guys? I'm sure some will hate those picks, but I thought they weren't that bad.

The Spaz
04-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Yikes!!!!!

Tatonka
04-11-2004, 12:07 AM
i think we could definately do without posey.. not that i want to get rid of him, but we could easily move spikes to the middle, fletcher to strong side, and crowell to the weakside.. or crowell to the middle and fletcher to the ss.

Dozerdog
04-11-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

Traded our third round pick in this year's draft for FS Adrian Wilson from the Cards.We then traded Jeff Posey for Arizona's third rounder that we gave them. We then took that pick and our fourth rounder and traded them to Carolina for their second round pick. THEN we traded that second round pick and a 4th from next year to NE for their second #56 I think and a sixth this year.

Like I said it was kind of a screwy draft and some guys made some supremely idiotic trades and picks, but wouldn't it me nice if we could get those guys? I'm sure some will hate those picks, but I thought they weren't that bad.

So let me get this straight, We traded Posey for Wilson, then the 74th & 109th picks this year and and 4th rounder next year for Losman and a 6th round pick.

That's a ton to give up to move up 18 slots to get Losman. Secondly, New England does not own a 6th round pick- It belongs to Pittsburgh.

mypoorfriendme
04-11-2004, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i think we could definately do without posey.. not that i want to get rid of him, but we could easily move spikes to the middle, fletcher to strong side, and crowell to the weakside.. or crowell to the middle and fletcher to the ss.

spikes strong, fletcher middle, crowell weak

i have a good feeling about angelo crowell, hopefully sometime soon hell be able to prove himself

(as if we are going to trade posey away)

chernobylwraiths
04-11-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

So let me get this straight, We traded Posey for Wilson, then the 74th & 109th picks this year and and 4th rounder next year for Losman and a 6th round pick.

That's a ton to give up to move up 18 slots to get Losman. Secondly, New England does not own a 6th round pick- It belongs to Pittsburgh.

I really don't remember where we got the sixth from. The more I think of it, maybe it was from Carolina. Anyway, the move up in the second round was for two reasons. Reason one, was that Losman was the person we were going after because he had fallen. We had to make two separate deals in order to get him. We could have saved a pick (the one in the fourth next year) if we had stay put in the Panthers spot in the second, but my co GM thought that KC might be looking for their QB of the future in their spot and would take him (which turned out to be correct). The second an less important reason is that they were holding the third and fourth rounds today and neither I nor my co GM would be able to make it online today in all likelihood.

Here are the first two rounds if you guys wanted to actually see how things went. You will notice in the early first how hardly anyone is where they should be. For instance the Rams moved up to number 4 in the draft by trading their first rounder and Orlando Pace. Tell me what you would have done differently:

http://webpages.charter.net/ssffl/Round1.htm

http://webpages.charter.net/ssffl/Round2.htm

Dozerdog
04-11-2004, 08:46 AM
LOL... the teams who in real life want to trade down {Chargers, Skins, Lions) are the only 3 that didn't.

Why in holy hell did cleveland give up their #1 and not get one back??? And no second rounder either???

ShadowHawk7
04-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

spikes strong, fletcher middle, crowell weak

i have a good feeling about angelo crowell, hopefully sometime soon hell be able to prove himself

(as if we are going to trade posey away)

Agreed. I also hope he'll get a shot this year to replace Posey. I have nuttin against Posey, and I think he's pretty good, but Crowell deserves a shot noting he was a 3rd round pick from last year. At the time he was picked, I thought it was defintely a waste, considering LB was prolly our strongest point at the time. I still don't agree w/ the pick, but he should get a chance to beat out posey. TD musta had a good reason to pick him.

Jan Reimers
04-11-2004, 09:57 AM
Good job. As I understand, you got us Udeze, Grove, and Losman on day 1. I'd take that any day.

ShadowHawk7
04-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Ya, that is a pretty good job considering the people available in the 1st.

mypoorfriendme
04-11-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7

Agreed. I also hope he'll get a shot this year to replace Posey. I have nuttin against Posey, and I think he's pretty good, but Crowell deserves a shot noting he was a 3rd round pick from last year. At the time he was picked, I thought it was defintely a waste, considering LB was prolly our strongest point at the time. I still don't agree w/ the pick, but he should get a chance to beat out posey. TD musta had a good reason to pick him.

three words....

"BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE!!"
- TD

:shakeno:

The Spaz
04-11-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

three words....

"BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE!!"
- TD

:shakeno:

It's the best way to do it.

mypoorfriendme
04-11-2004, 01:05 PM
and i agree with the theory for the most part; but it sucks when youre spending a third round pick on somone that has a strong possibility of never seeing the field....itd be like if we got a running back in the first round last year or something...imagine how ridiculus that would be.

mypoorfriendme
04-11-2004, 01:06 PM
but in all seriousness, i like crowell as a player, but im mad at the pick because hes got posey infront of him who isnt very likely to see the bench

SABURZFAN
04-12-2004, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
I'm in a mock draft with another guy (sportsuser) from the ESPN boards. Every team has one or two GMs and we got to draft for the Bills. It was kind of a screwy draft in that you could do just about anything including trade guys on your roster and trade for next year's draft picks. This is how our draft went.

Traded our third round pick in this year's draft for FS Adrian Wilson from the Cards.
First round in our slot we got Udeze DE from USC
Gallery, Winslow, Roy/Mike Williams, Fitzgerald, Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Tommie Harris, Taylor, Wilfork, Andrews all drafted in front of us not in that order)
Second round in our pick we got Jake Grove
We were going to try to trade up and get Rashaun Woods but he was picked before the team we were going to trade with)
We then traded Jeff Posey for Arizona's third rounder that we gave them. We then took that pick and our fourth rounder and traded them to Carolina for their second round pick. THEN we traded that second round pick and a 4th from next year to NE for their second #56 I think and a sixth this year.

holy *****!!!!!the only thing missing is a 5 year $25 million contract and this eerily has rob johnson written all over it.i just never have cared for losman.i have a bad feeling about him.JMO.

SABURZFAN
04-12-2004, 06:32 AM
grove is a great pick too.

:fabulous:

chernobylwraiths
04-12-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

holy *****!!!!!the only thing missing is a 5 year $25 million contract and this eerily has rob johnson written all over it.i just never have cared for losman.i have a bad feeling about him.JMO.

I didn't like what I read all that much on Losman either, but he was the next best QB on the board and the people I was drafting with really liked him. I would have waited for a later round to try and get Josh Harris. Who knows, Losman's athleticism might turn into more of a Jeff Garcia type player instead of Rob.

chernobylwraiths
04-13-2004, 10:31 PM
Here's the rest of my draft:

1 Kenechi Udeze DE USC

Very athletic...Has the size and speed you look for...Great burst...Natural pass rusher...Instinctive.

Former DT...Has all the tools you look for...People always talk about his potential, which is there, but this guy is also a three year starter who came through with 16.5 sacks as a junior.

2 Jake Grove C Virginia Tech

Good size...Tough...Has played center and guard...Experienced...Hard-nosed and fiery...Smart football player...Does all the little things.

Has led the way for some very solid Hokie running games...Has a shot to go off the board in the first frame, which is saying something for a center.

2 JP Losman QB Tulane

Very athletic...Has a quick release and a very good arm...Major competitor and leader and is very confident in his abilities...Solid mechanics and very accurate...Throws well on the move...Doesn't have outstanding speed but is very elusive.

3 Acquired FS Adrian Wilson from the Cardinals

3 Traded OLB Posey for a 3rd which I used along with my 4th to move up in the 2nd to grab Losman

5 WR Drew Carter Ohio State

Great athletic ability...Very fast...Very good size...Good hands.

6 TE Kris Wilson Pittsburgh

A big play tight end...Speedy and athletic...Can run after the catch...Experienced.

7 FB Doug Easlick Virginia Tech

Very strong...Brings good athletic ability to the position...Good speed...Makes his mark as a blocker and has lead the way for one of the top running games in college football...Good hands.

Strong, athletic fullback who knows how to lead block...Could surprise and end up being one of the first fullbacks chosen.

I may be a bit biased but I thought we probably had the best draft.

http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nfl/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=nfl_buf&id=156493&move=firstThread

and here is the total draft:

http://webpages.charter.net/ssffl/livemockdraft/lmd.htm#Fourth_Round

The Natrix
04-13-2004, 11:03 PM
whatever Dozer :rolleyes:

Udeze, Losman and Grove would rock!