PDA

View Full Version : van cgy goal in game 2

realmendontwearteal
04-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Man the goal the canucks scored with jovo cop takin out a goalie and nasuland scoring had to be the most obvious blown call in an NHL playoff game...... wake up stripes

pyrrhonist
04-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by realmendontwearteal
Man the goal the canucks scored with jovo cop takin out a goalie and nasuland scoring had to be the most obvious blown call in an NHL playoff game...... wake up stripes

I take it you missed Calgary's first goal? That one was probably worse, with Simon skating into Clouts intentionally, and grabbing his stick. There was also the missed boarding call, when Jovo got hit from behind into the boards. I think the refs wanted this series tied.

realmendontwearteal
04-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by pyrrhonist

I take it you missed Calgary's first goal? That one was probably worse, with Simon skating into Clouts intentionally, and grabbing his stick. There was also the missed boarding call, when Jovo got hit from behind into the boards. I think the refs wanted this series tied.

i did miss that

Ð
04-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Boarding is the most inconsistent call in the NHL. From what I've seen, there are 4-5 hits that are worse each game than the ones they actually call for boarding.

pyrrhonist
04-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Ð
Boarding is the most inconsistent call in the NHL. From what I've seen, there are 4-5 hits that are worse each game than the ones they actually call for boarding.

Very true. Half the time, the vicious hits from "behind" are because the player being checked turns away from the check, and gets their head drilled into the glass.