PDA

View Full Version : Should we go for a Playmaker?

mikemac2001
04-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Im trying to decide wether having someone who can make big plays for us or trying to gather more picks for more players.

I know trading up will cost us a few picks in this deep draft and that we could lose out on future players who might be solid in there position, but what about a big time player. Such as a winslow or sean taylor someone who would open up the field for other players and could swing the game on just one play. i was praising winslow two years back when shockey was drafted i knew this kid was gonna be a monster and with bledsoe and how he worked with coates i feel if we could bring him in it would really increase our offensive power. If we draft taylor we have vincet taylor milloy and clements as our starting seconday that could create alot of big plays for our defense which would help our offense.

i also look at it that we could be losing 2 or 3 good players that could contribute and be starters in a few years. what do you think, i know people hate trading up but big players can create for other players, but then again build a strong balanced deep team is something else that is important.

mypoorfriendme
04-11-2004, 02:58 PM
i think we do need a playmaker in rd one, but i really dont tihnk we need to trade up to get him. be it rivers, tommie harris, or roy williams, whoever we get at 13 should be a playmaker

mikemac2001
04-11-2004, 03:17 PM
i feel bledsoe can still get the job done, i dont want a QB round one unless Rothlisberger falls then i say we draft him, and WR we got moulds i know we need someone on the other side of the field but i dont feel we need that playmaker at WR, but i guess having to many weapons is never a problem so i wouldnt be upset with that pick. i just got a big feeling if we could get like winslow and a speed Wr we would be opening up so many options, our defense is good its just the O never did anything for us last year.

mypoorfriendme
04-11-2004, 03:33 PM
i really hope we address atleast OL and WR on the first day. if we do that, im happy

juice
04-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Willis healthy eliminates the need for a TE early in the draft... Wait to see who falls through to rds 3 & 4.