PDA

View Full Version : Broncos deal may help us on Draft day

The Spaz
04-11-2004, 06:49 PM
The Denver Broncos moved up seven spots in the first round of April 24-25 NFL draft this week when they completed a trade with the Cincinnati Bengals, and the team may now be in the position to draft Oregon State running back Steven Jackson. The Denver Post is reporting that other teams looking at Jackson (Patriots, Cowboys) would now have to trade up ahead of the Broncos in order to get the top-rated runner in the draft. If Jackson goes off the board before the Broncos pick, the Post believes that they would then likely draft a receiver.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-broncosteameyeingosu&prov=fanball&type=lgns

Goobylal
04-11-2004, 06:50 PM
I think that Jackson is a top-12 pick anyway, and with the Broncs moving ahead of the Pats and Pokes, it will force a team like the Lions to seriously consider taking him at #6.

Novacane
04-11-2004, 06:52 PM
How would that help us? Teams looking to trade up with us?

juice
04-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Maybe a run on RBs will drop Ben or Phil down to us... get the bidding up.

The Spaz
04-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
How would that help us? Teams looking to trade up with us?

Yes I thought that was obviosus but anyway. With 3 teams wanting him Patriots, Broncos, Cowboys we have 3 possible trade partners,

Novacane
04-11-2004, 06:56 PM
Maybe but I really don't want to trade down.

The Spaz
04-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Maybe but I really don't want to trade down.

Pats could trade us their 2 firsts:evil: Especially if Rivers is gone at 11 to the Steelers.

Novacane
04-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Yes I thought that was obviosus but anyway. With 3 teams wanting him Patriots, Broncos, Cowboys we have 3 possible trade partners,

If it was the Pats I would make them give us an arm and a leg. Both thier #1's and I'd do it.

B-DON
04-11-2004, 06:59 PM
we shouldnt trade down if a definite playmaker falls to us

Novacane
04-11-2004, 07:00 PM

Pats could trade us their 2 firsts:evil: Especially if Rivers is gone at 11 to the Steelers.

If Rivers is gone I would not really mind trading down. If he is there I believe TD will take him. For the Pat's 2 firsts I would even trade down if Rivers were there

The Spaz
04-11-2004, 07:00 PM

If it was the Pats I would make them give us an arm and a leg. Both thier #1's and I'd do it.

Me too and make that a package to move up higher in the 2nd possibly.

Novacane
04-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Perfect scenerio would be making that trade and then having Rivers sitting there when we picked at 21. I know: I'm dreaming

The Spaz
04-11-2004, 07:06 PM
Perfect scenerio would be making that trade and then having Rivers sitting there when we picked at 21. I know: I'm dreaming

That is a dream, but who wouldn't like it?!:up::beer:

B-DON
04-11-2004, 07:09 PM
i highly doubt that a division rival will give us their two first round picks when all the rb's are pretty much equal or close from the top 3 or 4 rb's

The Spaz
04-11-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by B-DON
i highly doubt that a division rival will give us their two first round picks when all the rb's are pretty much equal or close from the top 3 or 4 rb's

You could possibly flip flop Kevin Jones and Jackson but after that I think they're is a huge dropoff.

B-DON
04-11-2004, 07:12 PM
i think G.jones is not very far behind K.jones and perry is a close 4th

The Spaz
04-11-2004, 07:15 PM
i think G.jones is not very far behind K.jones and perry is a close 4th

I say that because I don't think Greg Jones can be an every down back. I am not sold on Perry for some reason.

B-DON
04-11-2004, 07:18 PM
Why dont u think he can be a very good back? speed? hands? just wondering cuz i think he will be a solid starter at the very least.

Novacane
04-11-2004, 07:21 PM

Either do we. Just saying I would not give up our pick to help a division rival get the player they wanted unless they were willing to pay through the nose. Like you said........I highly doubt they would.

Tatonka
04-11-2004, 09:55 PM

good point.

If Rivers is gone I would not really mind trading down. If he is there I believe TD will take him. For the Pat's 2 firsts I would even trade down if Rivers were there

i would be hard pressed not to trade down too.. if rivers is on the board when we pick, i would still consider trading down, because i dont think that anyone between the bills 13th pick and the pats 21 pick would take him.. and if we traded down, that would still gaurentee that losman would be there, and we could grab carrey or grove.. wow.

Tatonka
04-11-2004, 09:55 PM
all before the second round.. are you kidding me.. that would be a dream.