X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

Josh Reed,Bobby Shaw,Rookie WR

After the never ending mock drafts and reading everyones opinions about our 1st round pick being a WR, i have some thoughts to share.

Shaw & Reed- I think they are decent #2 & #3. Shaw made some clutch 3rd down catches, and Reed is still maturing. So with Drew having no time, and holding on to long i think that Reed,Shaw and even Cambell got a bad rap.
    If we had solid protection and a confident gun slinger i think our recievers are fine.

I'm confused as to why some think a stud rookie WR is all of a sudden the teams biggest need. ?

I think we need Depth @ WR bust the starters are in place.

The problem in my opinion was the line/drew/coaching/playcalling..

Just something i was thinking when i was reading the latest mock that had us taking a WR in the 1st..

thoughs?
    Last edited by Marvelous; 04-12-2004, 06:27 AM.
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor
  • mypoorfriendme
    • Apr 2003

i partly agree with you, but remember when peerless price was here and what he did for our offense? it was the same line with the same coaches, all we really lost was reimersma who didnt do THAT much and centers who was only a FB. (and we ADDED shaw and a year of experience at o-line)

the truth of the matter is that we do need speed for this offense to excel. i think we need soemone to back the safeties off which will give room for reed and shaw to make the easy catches underneath and then turn it up field.

id say about 67% of the passing game last year suffered because of the loss of PP and the other third because of moulds being injured, reed regressing, and bad coaching
    the dude abides

Comment

• Romes
      • Jul 2002

Moulds said this team needs more speed at the WR position. Reed and Shaw are both good #3 guys. We need a #2 or atleast a #3 that can get downfield.
      Originally posted by paladin warrior
      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Marvelous
        • Feb 2004

I also miss PP but do what would he have done on all the plays that Drew was creamed. First Rob Now Drew. We have suffered enough..
        GO BILLS!!! NE
        Magical Trevor

Comment

• B-DON
          hi
          • Mar 2004

i say only roy mike or fitzgerald in the first or evans in the second

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

I agree with you, Sippio. If the offense gets run correctly (ball control), we should be in good shape at the top 3 slots.
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Moulds is getting up there in age. Do you think Shaw, Reed , Aiken will be fine should Moulds (knock on wood) go down with another injury?
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                • Jul 2002

i dont think WR would be such a big deal under most circumstances, but this draft is not any normal circumstance regarding WRs. It's too loaded to look the other way when Moulds is getting up there in age as it is now, and we could use someone who could start opening day.
                Its all about the quest.

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
                  • Mar 2004

Drew lost a lot of weapons in 2003 though. Reimersma, Centers, Price were all catch making and play making players. Cambell made a few good catches, but Josh Reed did not carry his load and Bobby Shaw is only decent when he lines up in the slot which does not allow the deep ball to be thrown affectively. A playmaking reciever would give us everything back that we had in 2002 except a pass catcning full back. But all of this doesnt really matter because buffalo will be a run based offense, so maybe we dont need a WR in the draft. Perhaps a fullback to pave way for 1000 yard seasons for both Henry and McGahee.
                  Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• elltrain22
                    • Sep 2003

Thats the thing. If one of our top 3 wr's gets hurt, then what are we left with? When our offense had PP, it was a good offense, and I think our coaching staff realizes that, which is why I totally think we do infact need to upgrade this position.
                    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by B-DON
                      i say only roy mike or fitzgerald in the first or evans in the second
                      Ditto, we don't need WR bad enough to warrant a 1st rounder on Reggie. If the above guys aren't there in their respective rounds, we could wait till the third to get a Devard Darling or a Michael Jenkins.
                      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
                        i partly agree with you, but remember when peerless price was here and what he did for our offense? it was the same line with the same coaches, all we really lost was reimersma who didnt do THAT much and centers who was only a FB. (and we ADDED shaw and a year of experience at o-line)

the truth of the matter is that we do need speed for this offense to excel. i think we need soemone to back the safeties off which will give room for reed and shaw to make the easy catches underneath and then turn it up field.

id say about 67% of the passing game last year suffered because of the loss of PP and the other third because of moulds being injured, reed regressing, and bad coaching
                        The thing that we need to think about when talking about Price and his absence hurting the team is this will be a totally different offense. Yes Losing Price hurt when talking about Gilbrides offensive scheme but will not having a speed guy hurt when talking about Mularkeys scheme?? That I am not so sure of.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

I really don't think that Hines ward and Burress are speed burners.

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

The Offense needs alot of help in a hurry... If the deep ball is what DB does well then we should get some help deep to help free moulds up from Doubles... Not to mention if we get an injury to EM.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

I think we need a speed burner to take the double teams off Moulds. If Roy Williams is not available at 13, we could trade down or go to the 2nd round for an Evans or a Devrey Henderson.

But speed is the key. We already have good possession guys in Reed and Aiken - both of whom could be VERY good - and Shaw.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X