PDA

View Full Version : Blue and Gold Jerseys Coming Back!!

SkateZilla
04-12-2004, 07:13 AM
http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2004/04/12/story5.html?tbdstory5.html

Not Yet.. Golisano Is Waiting to Submit the request to the NHl Board.. Blah Blah Blah

Why the Hell Do We Have to Get NHL Approval?.. They Approved the Jerseys 10 Years Ago..

Rude American
04-12-2004, 09:48 AM
I disagree with his thinking though when he says the league has other things to deal with and doesn't want to burden them with this triviality. That fact seems to make now the perfect time to submit the proposal. The league will just go, sure whatever, and sign the approval. Nice and simple. If the league had nothing else on the agenda they, for whatever reaosn, might hymn and haw about it just for the sake of exercizing their power.

Ebenezer
04-12-2004, 09:52 AM
It won't happen in the 2004-2005 season because there is not going to be a 2004-2005 season.

realmendontwearteal
04-12-2004, 10:12 AM
hopefully the cba will get settled

Ebenezer
04-12-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by realmendontwearteal
hopefully the cba will get settled

keep hoping

Valerie
04-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Rude American.....If the league had nothing else on the agenda they, for whatever reaosn, might hymn and haw about it just for the sake of exercizing their power.
I didn't realize the NHL is religious and breaks into hymns before making decisions. This is nice to know! :up:

The Spaz
04-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Valerie

I didn't realize the NHL is religious and breaks into hymns before making decisions. This is nice to know! :up:

You know it's an expression right.

Valerie
04-12-2004, 10:43 AM
I believe the expression is HEM and HAW. Not Hymn and Haw. :lmao:

Ebenezer
04-12-2004, 10:44 AM

I thought it was Rattle and Hum

The Spaz
04-12-2004, 10:45 AM

Not hmm and haw?:snicker:

Rude American
04-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Valerie = genius

Valerie
04-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Rude American Valerie = genius
Yup. Just be thankful I didn't correct your spelling too. :chuckle:

Originally posted by Rude American....If the league had nothing else on the agenda they, for whatever reaosn, might hymn and haw about it just for the sake of exercizing their power.

Myers57
04-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Hmm, sounds like I may have to change my SN to SabresBlueAndGold like it was over a year on Thunderpuck...

realmendontwearteal
04-12-2004, 11:09 PM
i hope they go back to the old school sweaters

SkateZilla
04-13-2004, 06:14 AM
The Fact is The Jersyes Were Approved in Both 1972-73 and 1991-1992, So they Should be able to Just wear them...

As For CBA Agreements..

it took the NHL Board 2 Months To Review the "NO GOAL" Goal.. To Find Out what we all saw on the First Replay.. and To Decide to abolish the Rule to try and Save Face... or else they'd have to start the series over again..

You Really think they'll re-negotiate an Entire mainstay contract in a few months..

Also.. what people dopnt realize is if there's no CBA agreement... theres no NHL Games either

BigZ
04-14-2004, 10:16 PM
Blue and Gold need to come back asap.

CBA won't get settled until at least December.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-17-2004, 04:23 PM
I know all the old people like them but what about the younger kids and adults I'm only 24 yrs. old and I like our jerseys that we have now. I wasn't around in the 1970's well yes I was I was born in December 19, 1979. I don't know the story about the Blue and Gold came to be. Keep the jerseys the way they are now this is 2004 not the 1970's :cheers:

realmendontwearteal
04-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
I know all the old people like them but what about the younger kids and adults I'm only 24 yrs. old and I like our jerseys that we have now. I wasn't around in the 1970's well yes I was I was born in December 19, 1979. I don't know the story about the Blue and Gold came to be. Keep the jerseys the way they are now this is 2004 not the 1970's :cheers:

i dont think the current jerseys are gonna be around too much longer

SkateZilla
04-17-2004, 08:26 PM
umm

Sabres Wore Blue and Gold In the 90's Too :p

realmendontwearteal
04-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by SkateZilla
umm

Sabres Wore Blue and Gold In the 90's Too :p

that is correct

Ebenezer
04-17-2004, 08:38 PM

there is a reason the Sabres jersey's were gold and blue...when Punch Imlach was hired as the first GM he came here after being fired by the Toronto Maple Leafs (after leading them to 5 Cups)...to get back at Toronto he chose Gold and Blue to "better" the Leafs Silver and Blue...some traditions must continue.

Also, can we get more teams to drop black from their jerseys. I watch games and I might as well have a b&w TV...are they that desperate to get women to buy the jerseys?

realmendontwearteal
04-17-2004, 09:34 PM
the old sabre jerseys are bad ass..... especially the white one.....

pyrrhonist
04-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Keep the jerseys the way they are now this is 2004 not the 1970's :cheers:

That would explain why 3/4 of the teams in the NHL have black & red as their color scheme. :cell:

I was only born 2 years before you, in '77, and I would love to see the traditional unis return. The red/black unis are a stain left over from the Rigass era.

realmendontwearteal
04-17-2004, 10:49 PM
from a fans stand point i think anyone would say yes to blue and gold

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-17-2004, 10:55 PM
No they aren't I'm sick and tired of people saying that the new Jersey's were Rigis's idea. You didn't go to the Aud when they we're unveiled I did! Seymour H. Knox was still alive and he even said that it was time for the SABRES to go into a new direction because we we're moving into the HSBC then called Marine Midland Arena. A new home and he thought we needed new uniforms. The Regis's didn't come into the picture until Seymour H. Knox died he never got to see the first hockey game at the arena.

alyson
04-17-2004, 11:56 PM
The old jerseys rock. I'd love to see them come back. I think we should all be looking forward to the 2005-06 season, b/c who knows what is going to happen with this one.
And we should all be thankful Golisano bailed the Sabres out. He has deep enough pockets to pay their salaries, their debt, and their losses this season.

Dannyboy
04-18-2004, 01:03 AM
I like the old Jersey but I got use to the new ones. The Red Jersey's suck out loud. It is impossible to tell who is playing who until there is a close up shot. If you are watching game highlights on the news; one doesn't know one team from the other. It’s a joke. Bring the old Jersey's back if for no other reason, so I can tell when I am watching a Sabres' highlight.

pyrrhonist
04-18-2004, 02:29 AM
I didn't mean to imply that Rigas created them, merely that they are a reminder of that era. The blue & gold unis are a harkening back to the history of this team.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-18-2004, 03:10 AM
I guess the real reason why I don't want the SABRES to go back to the Blue and Gold is because I have eight jerseys I have a Biron, Peca, Barnes, LaFontaine autogrphed all home. and a Gratton one and a Drury away or is it a home one because the SABRES wore black at home this yr. and Brierre and Conolly the third jerseys. So you see why I hope they don't go back to the Blue and gold too much money I spent on the other ones plus I've gotten used to the new ones.

pyrrhonist
04-18-2004, 11:53 AM
Hey, I hear ya. I have 1 non-customized copy of each:

---BLUE & GOLD HOME jersey
---BLUE & GOLDAWAY jersey (Actually, I have 2 of this one....My original one has tears, from playing in it)
---HOME jersey
---AWAY jersey
---ALTERNATE jersey

I would view the later-era jerseys as just memorabilia, if they went away.

I the end I
04-18-2004, 12:46 PM
I think it would be cool to see blue and gold come back, but with a newer design. I just hope the jersies aren't a disappointment like some of the new 3rd jersies for other teams.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-18-2004, 01:38 PM
http://www.celsiusdesign.net/sabres/

SabreEleven
04-18-2004, 05:34 PM
I've never liked the Buffalo from those jerseys. Looks like something off of a cave wall. :down:

SkateZilla
04-18-2004, 06:53 PM
Riga's had the Original Idea..

then When the Sabres Moved to HSBC they Twekaed the Coloring a Little..

I have both a 70's jersey, and a 90's Blue and Gold Jersey... My Parents and Grandparents gave to me..

there is differences in the color slightly, the logo on the 90's One is about 5% bigger,

Stupid stuff really...

Ebenezer
04-18-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by pyrrhonist
I was only born 2 years before you, in '77, and I would love to see the traditional unis return. The red/black unis are a stain left over from the Rigass era.

No they aren't I'm sick and tired of people saying that the new Jersey's were Rigis's idea. You didn't go to the Aud when they we're unveiled I did! Seymour H. Knox was still alive and he even said that it was time for the SABRES to go into a new direction because we we're moving into the HSBC then called Marine Midland Arena. A new home and he thought we needed new uniforms. The Regis's didn't come into the picture until Seymour H. Knox died he never got to see the first hockey game at the arena.

Little history lesson...Marine Midland was one of the first advertisers that the Sabres ever had. (I'll never forget the radio commercials with the jingle "Tell it...to the Marine"). Whe the games were first carried on cable TV (it was called International Cable back then, not Adelphia) Marine Midland was the main sponser. I believe there is a long history between the Knox family and Marine Midland Bank. Follow that up with Marine Midland underwriting loans that the Sabres took for years, even before the building of HSBC, and the loans for building HSBC. In toto, you have an amazing coincidence that the Sabres new colors, upon moving into Marine Midland Arean (HSBC) were red, black, silver and white...the colors of Marine Midland and then HSBC.

Oh, and the Rigas family were floating money to Seymour and Nordy Knox near the end...at one point before the death of the Knox brothers John Rigas owned about 10% of the Sabres and then bought the rest after their deaths.

Myers57
04-19-2004, 07:41 AM
I like the Red Jerseys but I would like it even more if the Sabres went back to blue and gold...

Also, many of the teams wear black these days because a statisitic showed that teams that wore black had won more games that those who didn't...

Philly made me mad because they changed their home jersey to black because of this statistic...

Ebenezer
04-19-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Afinogenov61
Also, many of the teams wear black these days because a statisitic showed that teams that wore black had won more games that those who didn't...

think off all the teams that won Stanley Cups without Black jerseys...amazing...

Black is used because marketers found that women in general and all people under 30 like to buy black clothes...