PDA

View Full Version : Miami FO puts nail in Dolphins coffin

BlackJohn
10-19-2002, 04:55 PM
Apparently Miami has signed chris carter

http://msn.espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/1019/1448120.html

I cant believe Miami's FO would do this, bringing in a selfish player into a successful team. Instead of letting they're #3 and #4 receivers step up and develop theyre chasing this. I wonder why he's such a beeter option now than before? I guess it says a lot about what they think of their current receivers.

I can already see Chris Carter saying "why the offense doesn't the offense go through me? Ricky only gets 5 yd/car, I get 10 yds/ reception"

THis selfishness will ultimately hand us the division during miami's annual december swoon.

The_Philster
10-19-2002, 05:14 PM
I don't know if I'd call Carter a really selfish player except in the way that all great WRs are selfish, wanting the ball as much as possible. I'm just relieved that he isn't playing tomorrow

Typ0
10-19-2002, 05:54 PM
what a great move for a championship.

Typ0
10-19-2002, 06:06 PM
You must be kidding me? Carter can stand on the sidelines and make things happen. He's going to go on the field and try and prove he is better than Jerry Rice. Good luck.

ublinkwescore
10-19-2002, 06:18 PM
That old fart will be rusty for a little while.

ublinkwescore
10-19-2002, 06:18 PM
You guys know what this means right - Cap HELL will be more severe for the Phins next year.

DIHARD2
10-20-2002, 04:35 AM
:shout: :fishfry: At the beginning of the season a lot of the Miami players stated that they have to make the run this year for the Super Bowl, because they know their team will never survive next year's cap. :violin:

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

northernbillfan
10-20-2002, 04:51 AM
Carter is not as selfish as Moss is. He will be a weapon of choice for Miami.

I concur, that I am glad he is not playing today!

iceblizzard69
10-20-2002, 07:55 AM
His contract is a 1 year deal, meaning it ends at the end of THIS season, so how the hell does it affect next year. Also, we are not going to cap hell like Buffalo did two years ago. The only reason why Carter got into so many fights in Minnesota was because his teammate was Randy Moss.

Novacane
10-20-2002, 08:30 AM
I don't think this will be that big of an addition. I think he was on a deffinate downslide last year.

The best thing about this is we won't have to watch that moron on HBO anymore. He was awful!