PDA

View Full Version : Ingtar, what about DE Marquise Hill

justasportsfan
04-12-2004, 09:36 AM
DE | (6'6", 305, 4.95) | LSU | COLLEGE STATS
Data from Scouts, Inc.

Grade: 83
Alerts: (S: SPEED) Player lacks ideal speed at position

Comments: Hill has exceptional size. Plays high at times, lets blockers get into his pads. Must use hands better, use leverage. Biggest end prospect in 2004 class, could develop into best run defender of group. Quick, powerful. Very good recognition. Can hold ground, disengage, locate ball, pursue. Good closing burst for size, powerful, reliable tackler. Lacks ideal speed. Will not turn corner on a consistent basis as pass rusher. Very good quickness, excellent power as pass rusher. Athletic, changes directions smoothly. Will work outside-in as pass rusher. Great potential as bull rusher. Must learn to play lower and with leverage. Continues to improve run/pass recognition skills. Tall, seems to see thing well. Great at sniffing out screens. Otherwise lacks savvy. Late recognizing run at times. Occasionally takes himself out of plays by not reading blocks/ taking easy way out. Adequate in pursuit. Good motor, good closing burst, not a great athlete. Below-average speed. Very good in short area. Closes quickly, great power as tackler, does fine job of tackling in space, especially for a big, tall end. Hill started 13 of 14 games in his final season at LSU and finished with 10.5 tackles for loss and six sacks. Hill is one of the most intriguing prospects in this draft. He should have returned to school because he needs to improve his technique and is still developing, but he's worth drafting at a higher spot than his grades indicate because of his upside. Some teams might move him to tackle, but we think his best fit is at end. He has terrific height, wingspan and strength to stop the run at end. He lacks ideal speed for a pass rusher, but he is quick and powerful enough to create penetration off the edge in a power-end role

justasportsfan
04-12-2004, 09:37 AM
Obviously raw but does have some upsides.If he falls in the later rds. would he be worth it?

Dozerdog
04-12-2004, 09:45 AM
I'm leery about grabbing him in the first 2 rounds.

Depending who's on the board, and who we already have- if he's there at 3 I'll consider him. No way befoe that though- too many other options

Dozerdog
04-12-2004, 09:46 AM
He's off the board by the 3rd round at the latest.

justasportsfan
04-12-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
He's off the board by the 3rd round at the latest. I was thinking that. Seems like another bigger Hansen(motor) or Kelsay.

The Spaz
04-12-2004, 09:51 AM
See Demitrius Underwood!:down:

Bmax
04-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Some reports out there are saying that he is bipolar ...may be just A NASTY RUMOR BUT IT WORTH CHECKING OUT....

BMAX

Tatonka
04-12-2004, 03:38 PM
pass... he tried to come out.. then go back to school.. then had to come out because he got a agent prior to trying to go back to school.. then he has been average to below average in workouts.. slow as dirt.. and now the bipolar stuff? no thanks! :down:

B-DON
04-12-2004, 03:53 PM
looked decent in colllege but way to much baggage with not enough potential

thefixer74
04-12-2004, 07:14 PM
He isn't bi-polar.He is Manic-depressive.And if he takes his meds he doesn't get depressed.I think the OL from the Raiders is manic-depressive,and so is Ricky Williams to a point.

Goobylal
04-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Uh, manic-depression IS bi-polar disorder. And if he's got it, forget him. He might be fine for periods of time, myabe for several years in a row, but he WILL suffer a bout of major depression or mania eventually. It's only a matter of time because they almost always go off their meds at some point, and meds can only do so much. Such is the nature of mental illness, unfortunately.

TigerJ
04-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Ditto: Manic depressive is the old term. Now they call it Bi-polar. People that have it can lead productive lives, but they have to stay on their medicine. For some reason, a lot of people with bi-polar and other biological disorders of the brain have a difficult time staying on medication, like the center for the Oakland Raiders (I think drinking contributed to his problems). They feel fine and think, maybe I'm over this and don't need the medicine anymore. I don't know what madicine they take, but maybe there are some unpleasant side effects. An acquaintance of mine is married to a woman with bipolar disorder. She had a setback a year or two ago because the medicine she had been taking stopped working. It took months and months to get adjusted to a new medication and get the dosage right so she could stay on an even keel. She is just now getting to the point where she feels more or less "normal." It's definitely tricky business. I would say in view of his awful workout numbers, he's a risk I wouldn't take.

Tatonka
04-12-2004, 09:49 PM
medicines for bi-polar include zoloft, lithium, and paxil, among others.

side note.. those medications all make it very "hard" to get an erection.

i graduated with a worthless psychology degree.

The Spaz
04-12-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
medicines for bi-polar include zoloft, lithium, and paxil, among others.

side note.. those medications all make it very to get an erection.

i graduated with a worthless psychology degree.

:hump: :ugly: :rofl:

Dozerdog
04-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Crazy and limp- no thanks-

One word- Teal and orange...........

The Spaz
04-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Crazy and limp- no thanks-

One word- Teal and orange...........

Agreed!:evil:

B-DON
04-12-2004, 10:28 PM
pervs!!!!!!! j/k

Ingtar33
04-13-2004, 02:25 PM
He put on one heck of a show in N.O. against the Sooners (good enough i would have voted him MVP). But he really needs another year at college. He gets too tall, and does a poor job keeping the hands of the o-linemen off him (think Ryan Denney). Though he's got good size, i think he's one of those "potential" picks.

Figure he'll go anywhere from pick 50-90, this draft is way too deep to waste a pick on him high.

BTW: i'm putting together another draft guide for the bills (of sorts) like the one last year. Look for it this weekend.

The Spaz
04-13-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
He put on one heck of a show in N.O. against the Sooners (good enough i would have voted him MVP). But he really needs another year at college. He gets too tall, and does a poor job keeping the hands of the o-linemen off him (think Ryan Denney). Though he's got good size, i think he's one of those "potential" picks.

Figure he'll go anywhere from pick 50-90, this draft is way too deep to waste a pick on him high.

BTW: i'm putting together another draft guide for the bills (of sorts) like the one last year. Look for it this weekend.

Bring on the draft guides!!!!!!!!!:up::nerd::beer:

thefixer74
04-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Agreed!:evil: :psycho: We don't need him anyway.

Mr. Miyagi
04-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
You da man Ingtar!!!

Make sure you send a copy to TD. :D