PDA

View Full Version : Bills report: Inside slant

The Spaz
04-12-2004, 09:54 AM
New Bills coach Mike Mularkey doesn't deny he has targeted those positions in the draft on April 24-25. Buffalo fell in a dozen statistical categories on offense last season, finishing ranked 30th in yards and points.

Finding an explosive No. 2 wide receiver to complement Eric Moulds, and a young quarterback to groom as Drew Bledsoe's backup and eventual replacement, have chewed up a lot of Mularkey's planning hours.

"This is a good year for both those positions," he said. "At receiver, I think there will be guys who end up in the second round who could be first-rounders in other years. There will be a couple options when we get to our pick and we'll have some tough choices and those two positions will probably be one of them. ... We may have to use all of our 15 minutes."

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/7249783

Dozerdog
04-12-2004, 09:57 AM
I think the first round this year will drag on forever.....Last year flew by because there was little talent to choose from. This year, there a re a zillion scenarios and there wil be a lot of horse trading.

Pride
04-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I think the first round this year will drag on forever.....Last year flew by because there was little talent to choose from. This year, there a re a zillion scenarios and there wil be a lot of horse trading.

I hope so... would make for an exciting day!

Dozerdog
04-12-2004, 10:02 AM
No it wouldn't! At this rate, The Bills would draft around 2 PM, and not again until 5-6 PM in the evening.

juice
04-12-2004, 10:59 AM
MM said "It depends on what moves we make over the next 3 wks in FA"... Any major moves I wonder.. or maybe Kordell?

ScottLawrence
04-12-2004, 11:12 AM
"At receiver, I think there will be guys who end up in the second round who could be first-rounders in other years."- MM.

Intresting..... Maybe he's thinking DE, or QB in first round instead of WR.

The Spaz
04-12-2004, 11:18 AM
The thing is he definitely is looking WR this year and people are calling people dumb for thinking about WR this year.

juice
04-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Some people think Shaw is the answer... Just ask EM.

Jan Reimers
04-12-2004, 11:27 AM
I think we need a speed WR, an interior O Lineman and a QB of the (not too distant) future before we take a defensive player. Our offense stunk last year, and our D was good, despite less than great play at LDE and FS.

I say fix the offense first.