• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Rivers...

ON espn right now Mel Kiper was talking about QBS and said Rivers is going to either the Steelers (11) or Bills (13). He compared him to Bernie Kosar (this freaks me out).... Merill Hodge said he is ready to come into the league and play NOW (should please all you bledsoe bashers).

Sean Salisbury was talking about Losman and said he is the "best athlete in the draft" because he is a confident athlete and will be a consistant starter in 4 years. He compared him to Brett Favre...
    Last edited by Bill Brasky; 04-12-2004, 05:58 PM.
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

The reason he gets compared to Kosar is because of the odd delivery. Kosar had a weird release point as well.

I think that is one thing Rivers is going to have to work on. He is going to have to deliver the ball more over-the-top as a Pro. I think that will be an adjustment that will take him a year or so to perfect, but he is a smart enough kid he should be able to do it.

He will get to many balls batted down in the NFL if he doesn't change. You get away with that stuff in college, but the first thing his Pro QB coach will do is change his delivery to more of an over-the-top style.

Other than that, I agree he is about as ready to play as a college QB can be. I think it makes a big difference when a QB stays in school all 4 years.

Comment

• thefixer74
      Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
      • Apr 2004

Kosar really threw side armed.Rivers is inbetween.I'm not sure he will be able to change the way he throws.We'll see.
      To the world you might be one person,but to one person you might be the world.

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

In footage from his workout it looks like he is making a conscious effort to deliver the ball over-the-top throwing motion.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• schobelisdaman
          • Mar 2004

If we couldnt get Rivers in the first i would pass on Losman and wait for Schuab....Losman reminds a little of Ryan Leaf...the confidence is also a little cockiness.

Comment

• McBFLO
            • Mar 2003

With Rivers standing at 6'5", I don't see him getting that many balls batted down. I don't believe he had that problem in college. A lot of the "experts" said that he plays more like he's about 6'2" because of his throwing motion.
            Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• elltrain22
              • Sep 2003

His throwing motion is quick. I don't see how everyone always says it is unorthodox. HIs release is unorthodox b/c he gets rid of the ball about a full second ahead of most qb's. With Rivers, you get a proven winner, with tremendous passing accuracy, and can and will move out of the pocket if he senses danger. I would love it if we could get him @13.
              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• The Natrix
                • Jul 2002

If he is there, TD will not think twice about taking him. It's a no-brainer.

I think he'll be gone though.

Byrd.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Sep 2003

not worthy of number 13!!!

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

Chargers think he might be worthy of a #1 overall pick.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by juice
                      He won't go number 1 and the Chargers would be stupid to do that why not trade down get an extra pick and still be able to take Rivers?

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                        not worthy of number 13!!!
                        ROFL!!! anyway.......

Rivers delivery (although I dont understand it) seems to still be an issue regardless of the accuracy and the fact he only had 4 balls batted last year.

DROP IT!

Christ sake. Aside from an act of god what does it take.
                        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by juice
                          wouldn't shock me, the way that franchise makes decisions

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by schobelisdaman
                            Losman reminds a little of Ryan Leaf...the confidence is also a little cockiness.
                            That is what I was thinking as well... plus the footage they showed of him he played alot like Leaf... referring to Leaf in his college days at least.

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman

That is what I was thinking as well... plus the footage they showed of him he played alot like Leaf... referring to Leaf in his college days at least.
                              He may have an arm like Leaf but he's faster than Leaf and is well repected buy his teammates unlike Leaf. Losman was a 2 time team captain which is voted on by his teammates.

Comment

Working...
                              X