PDA

View Full Version : Barry Melrose...

Valerie
04-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Is he Canadian? Is he a former hockey player?

As expected, I don't get the Leafs game. I get the Stars vs. Avs game. :(

The_Philster
04-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Former NHL player for the Toronto Maple Leafs and former coach of the LA Kings

Coached the Medicine Tigers of the Western Hockey League in the 1987-88 season and lead the Tigers to their 2nd straight Memorial Cup Championship.

Coached the Seattle Thunderbirds of the Western Hockey League in the 1988-89 season.

Coached the Medicine Hat (Alberta) Tigers of the Western Hockey League in the 1987-88 season and lead the Tigers to their 2nd straight Memorial Cup Championship.

Date of birth (location)
15 July 1956
Kelvington, Saskatchewan, Canada

realmendontwearteal
04-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Melrose is candian but hes an icon in america

JD
04-13-2004, 02:34 AM
i say, **** um.

Valerie
04-13-2004, 07:50 AM
Thanks for all the information, Phil! :) He sounds Canadian, but Ticat thought he was American.

Originally posted by realmendontwearteal Melrose is candian but hes an icon in america
I don't like him. He annoys me. And, he is one of the WORST dressers I've ever seen! He had some suit on the other night that was hideous!

Ð
04-13-2004, 07:59 AM
http://www.sugarray.com/tourjournal/pics/don_cherry.jpg

Valerie
04-13-2004, 08:01 AM
My brother in California now gets the CBC and he watches Hockey Night in Canada. He LOVES Don Cherry. lol He calls me up or emails me to rub it in. lol He's actually rooting for the Leafs in the playoffs now!:up: Don Cherry is another spiffy dresser.:ugly:

Ebenezer
04-13-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by realmendontwearteal
Melrose is an icon in america

you're kidding, right?

Earthquake Enyart
04-13-2004, 08:05 AM
I like how Coaches Corner is now sponsored by that great Canadian company.... Samsung. :snicker:

Ð
04-13-2004, 08:23 AM
Like the Nokia Sugar Bowl ?

realmendontwearteal
04-13-2004, 09:31 AM
i was kidding....... espn has been airing poor playoff covrage this year......

realmendontwearteal
04-13-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Valerie
Thanks for all the information, Phil! :) He sounds Canadian, but Ticat thought he was American.

I don't like him. He annoys me. And, he is one of the WORST dressers I've ever seen! He had some suit on the other night that was hideous!

Bob Mckenzie is a good source for hockey info..... I could see why you would think hes annoying.....ferraro saves NHL 2 night

Valerie
04-13-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by realmendontwearteal i was kidding....... espn has been airing poor playoff covrage this year......
Tell me about it!!!! I really don't think ESPN is going to show an all-Canadian playoff game. So far I've seen at least one game from all the different playoff series, but I have yet to see a Leafs vs. Senators game. :( I'm mad as hell!!!:mad:

realmendontwearteal
04-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Valerie

Tell me about it!!!! I really don't think ESPN is going to show an all-Canadian playoff game. So far I've seen at least one game from all the different playoff series, but I have yet to see a Leafs vs. Senators game. :( I'm mad as hell!!!:mad:

I dont think one sens leafs game has been on in america

realmendontwearteal
04-13-2004, 10:23 AM
and they usally play good hockey

Ð
04-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Last 4 games for the Sens, they've been shut out 3 times by Belfour.

The Leafs own the Sens on the road (in Ottawa) in the playoffs.

realmendontwearteal
04-13-2004, 10:40 AM
that is true

pyrrhonist
04-13-2004, 11:52 PM
I can't believe anyone is surprised by ESPN/ABC/Disney's piss-poor coverage of hockey. There is no counting on these morons for hockey coverage.

Centre Ice is the only way to go. :up:

Demon
04-14-2004, 01:01 AM
Everyone who works for ESPN sucks at hockey. I don't like Buggi but he's alright, Melrose is an idiot and i can't stand his stupid laugh, EJ Hrdek (spelling) is a good writer, i enjoy his columns on espn.com or in the magazine, but on tv he looks like a total goof and talks like one and Ray Ferrero is a complete idiot.

I don't understand why doesn't ESPN hire guys like Bryan Trottier and Pat LaFontaine for their hockey coverage?

realmendontwearteal
04-14-2004, 08:37 AM
it was nice to see the tsn feed on in america for a little bit during the preds wings game last night

Demon
04-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by realmendontwearteal
it was nice to see the tsn feed on in america for a little bit during the preds wings game last night

Yeah. But the annoucers for the Montreal/Boston game were solid anyways so i can't really complain.

alyson
04-14-2004, 05:46 PM
I like Barry Melrose! Love the pseudo-mullet and I think he's funny.
At least ESPN is showing some damn playoff games. Stop complaining! For those of us that cannot afford Center Ice and don't live in Canada, we're lucky we can see any games.

Myers57
04-14-2004, 06:04 PM
I dont mind Barry, he is a lot smarter than some of them dumb-wit broadcasters?

Dwayne Rolosen doing color commentary? ESPN is desperate...

I just spoke to the director of communications at the college I am planning on attending and he said it is possible for me to do an internship with ESPN while attending the university, have to show off my hockey knowledge...

:D

pyrrhonist
04-14-2004, 08:14 PM
This is a fairly accurate description of Melrose:

Barry Melrose (http://www.divealanche.com/1d_med_mel.html)

:music:

realmendontwearteal
04-14-2004, 09:45 PM
one of the two guys that called the play by play was the local atlanta announcer